How could they find out? My EBAY Account suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-07-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default How could they find out? My EBAY Account suspended

A couple of months ago our ebay and pp accounts got suspended so we decided to create new accounts. These were created with different addresses, phone numbers and IP Address (USB Dongle Broadband)
I built up seller feedback selling small items then listed a few items (electronic goods). Both ebay and paypal got limited (on 1 account) I supplied information and it was reinstated. Then recently sold about £1500 of items and was paid via paypal. My mistake was I tried to withdraw the funds and this triggered alarm bells and EBAY A/C got suspended and PP got limited.
I provided details required, and then received the 180Days closure email on account 1. The invoice I provided had accurate supplier details and the only way it would have been found out was if paypal actually called up the supplier and gave the customers details for which it would have never existed on the supplier database.
Whilst all this was happening my 2nd account got limited, now this uses different windows account, but the same internet broadband dongle. I know ip changes and a choice of like 50 ips are available each time you connect. Again the 2nd account has different address, name, DOB, Phone number and etc. I know this is no coincident because I have other accounts that have traded less time but have not yet been limited because they use a completely different dongle.
Now my questions are:
Could they have linked the 2 accounts because of the same dongle, i.e. via MAC Address?
What are the chances that PP would have actually called up the supplier/company?
Could my closure be simply because pp sees my account as new (just over 30days), near to £1700 of pp money come into it and they just think we don’t want his business as this might be risky?
I sold similar items on both accounts to build up feedback, could they have linked it via this? But surely something must have brought this to their attention as there are more than 100000 of users on ebay
Are ebay very strict when it comes to sellers who sell electronic products?
I know I have lost 1 account and most likely the 2nd one will be closed too but I just need to cover all angles for future accounts so any input in this matter would be great
Thanks
p.s. sorry about the long post
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2010

Longevity: 84%

I didnt see any mention of different windows user accounts in your post. Did you create this 2nd set on the same login as original suspended account(s) ?
Old 04-07-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

no, I created the accounts on a new laptop with 2 different user accounts
Old 04-07-2010

Longevity: 84%

if completely different windows logins used, then possibly same images used? if same images, they may have possibly read image meta data - unsure?

then again, it could just be a completely random act - ebay does stuff like that with whatever their bot looks for

doubtful paypal called supplier, but could very well be limited due to amount coming in on a new account.

very hard to say with any sureness
Old 04-07-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I used vodafone pay as you go dongle, I know you ate in USA but maybe some-one else knows that maybe thats how they linked the 2 accounts. Yes I mad ea mistake of take £1500 on a just over 30 days account, that for sure got it limited. Should I worry about my other accounts?
Old 04-07-2010

Longevity: 81%

Just because you are using different hardware doesn't mean you ip address will change. Did you actually check the ip address before logging in? Make sure you have not selected the Static IP option if your ISP provides it. Make sure your modem is releasing the IP address by either resetting it or reducing the lease time form 24hrs to 15 seconds and logging out and then back in.

The second way Ebay usually links you is keyword or phrases in your ad description from your previously banned account. Also, make sure you resize and rename your pictures and strip them of their EXIF data. Also, even though most say they do not track MAC addresses, you can easily spoof it with a program like SMAC just to be extra safe.

Most likely something on the Payal and is getting you caught. Did you use new CC and Bank to register? Did you withdraw to the same bank as your banned paypal. I would suggest getting 1 Ebay/1 paypal combo up and running before trying to run 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to FattyM For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-08-2010)
Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@Fatty, good reply.

Dude, there are a couple of points that might be worthwhile checking.

As Fatty said, the IP might be an issue. Now looking at your posts here, you appear to have a Static IP. If that's happening on your accounts, then that is trouble. I always check the IP before using ebay. Just have to make sure you do the same.If you have created your excel spread sheet, the IP for the account can be on it.You say you had new name address etc but did part of that include a new bank account? And to be serious with stealth I used a different bank when I made the first new stealth accounts.

You asked if there was a possibility of paypal calling the supplier? Yes, that has happened. It's not a usual practice but paypal are not 'usual'.
Since it's electronics you mentioned, that's a high(ish) risk item. paypal gets nervous, checks thoroughly and bingo limits.

Even t
Old 04-08-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys, I connect using Vodafone mobile broadband, this gives a new IP every time you connect but I have noticed that it sometimes issues the same IP. I used a completely different ISP on my previous sets of accounts than these ones. They never linked me to my old account but I have a feeling they linked 2 of the new accounts together. These are 2 completely different people which means everything including bank accounts are different. I just can't see how they could have linked based on IP because as I said I use mobile broadband and I am sure at least 1000 people near me will use Vodafone and if even 100 of them use it to log into eBay and pp, we all have swapped similar or same ip at some point.
Old 04-08-2010

Longevity: 90%

Yup i agree, I had a real account not stealth, i started selling too much, efay asked for my invoices, i sent them and the number on it routed to my phone, they called and i didnt answer (was in bathroom) minutes later they sent me an email saying they cant lift restriction, not only that but the Payfal is still good but im never allowed to sell again, which i might add im not suspended, and they wont return my emails because there decision is final!
Old 04-08-2010

Longevity: 81%

Safest method is to go to ipchicken to make sure your ip changed. Then run CCleaner just before logging on to Ebay/Paypal. At Ebay you will be asked your security question and then they send a code to your email, but I do it every time and no trouble.
Old 04-08-2010
Banned

Longevity: 95%
Send a message via MSN to oshankmonu Send a message via Yahoo to oshankmonu

use firefox and betterprivacy to clean flash cookies .
Old 04-08-2010

Longevity: 86%

i use o2 mobile broadband and firefox, have yet to had a problem, if paypal was restricted first then its a paypal issue likewise otherway round
Old 04-08-2010

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshankmonu View Post
umm... NO!
Old 04-08-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think 3 is the best you get a completely new IP each time and I mean almost 4-5 digit changes
Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshankmonu View Post
Firefox is good, I agree. Not a good idea at all to clean those flash cookies.
Aspkin has created a sub-forum here called Ebay Tracking
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/
I recommend you read thro' very carefully. It does give you insight into creating better stealth accounts

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/

These threads are helpful (and there are others)
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/cookies...h-cookies.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/cookies...confusion.html