Insufficient description - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Insufficient description

I've never seen this kind of take down before. I listed the title, condition and the contents with my own picture of all the contents. I have to admit, this listing was a little bit shorter than my usual listings. I didn't put a shipping policy that I usually put on all my auctions. Anybody ever had this problem before and what was the work around? None of my past violations was for this item. I would bet a dollar this was done by a competitor.

-------------------------------------------------------

Your listing has been removed.

- Past violations of policy
- Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the item

For a safe shopping experience on eBay and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed.

Last edited by JohnnyBoy; 04-17-2010 at 06:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Never seen this before. Did you add a return policy? It's required now, even if you don't accept returns. Did you state how many days you take to ship? All this and a lot more counts as details. Your problem may be how you created the listing, not so much what you put in the listing.
Old 04-18-2010

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
Never seen this before. Did you add a return policy? It's required now, even if you don't accept returns. Did you state how many days you take to ship? All this and a lot more counts as details. Your problem may be how you created the listing, not so much what you put in the listing.
It is required, but I have never gotten to the next page when listing if either of these are left blank.

This is the type of stuff that ebay does that drives me nuts. If an item isn't described, why would anyone in their right mind bid on it in the first place?
Old 04-19-2010

Longevity: 81%

Yes, I have gotten it a few times.
Most people do not realize the second biggest way there accounts get suspended after ip address, is killbots scanning you ad title and description for banned word. phrases and similarities to other ads that have been recently suspended. So to get around it most post vague or brief descriptions to avoid, so now the killbots measure to make sure enough letters are used in the ad title and the description. I would guess probably minimum of 15 letters on the title and 50 letters on the description or you get the "insufficient description" kill.
Old 04-19-2010

Longevity: 96%

Still can't figure out why the bots would even let the listing go live rather than to just stonewall it the way that I described...maybe because that makes too much sense and ebay does not want anything to do with common sense
Old 04-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

I sold the exact same item before with the same description. It ran for a couple days and sold with no problem. I got hit with this within 24 hours. I'm still wondering if this was a VeRO take down or by eBay. On the usually take downs it says, " vero member / douchebag claims whatever."

It did say this at the bottom of the message, but I think thats put on all takedowns.

"Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants."

I did have a return policy, but I didn't put the usually shipping policy that I put on all listings. Think I'll wait a couple weeks before listing this again.
Old 04-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

Weird, I've seen plenty of auctions with little to no description at all. Just stock photos, stock specs and descriptions. They were never taken down to my knowledge and continue to list that way too. If you've listed that way before than maybe it was just a random take-down or like you said a competitor. eBay seems to like doing a lot of random nonsense.