help on addresses for ebay...please read - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-21-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default help on addresses for ebay...please read

Once one is successfully back on ebay , what will become of the items you wish to buy?
Your home address, where all items used to be shipped, is no longer good for ebay's purposes. Whether you made an address up or used a private mailbox, it seems like a dilema is arising. Where do you have items shipped since you can't give ebay your home address.
I am on the brink of getting back on ebay and am thinking of buying a television. Where can I have it shipped to? Is it safe to give the ebay sellers my home address?
I don't know what to do in this situation and don't want to risk this new account being suspended.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-21-2010

Longevity: 80%

I would use your girlfriend's account, or your brother's account, or your best friend's account, if those are a no go, parents.

Uncle Ted, or someone close.

If you have nobody, no friends, no family, not one single person who trusts you and would help out, then I would get out of the online sales business, shut down my internet account, and move to a natural environment, kick drugs and booze, find some new start with new friends. Even if it means new religion or faith. But start with organic food, and no cell phone or internet. Find out where you went wrong and why nobody trusts you, and why no frends will help you.

I have four people who have ebay accounts, and they have all given me access at one time or another. I can even have them place a bid for me if I need to get something and do not want it on my own account for whatever reason. People trust me.
The Following User Says Thank You to 20thmaude For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010

Longevity: 81%

Is this account for selling your goods or strictly buying?

If it is for selling, are your purchases for feedback or for items you REALLY want to own?
Old 07-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

That is why NON-USPS mailbox rentals (like the UPS Store) are so great. They not only help with stealth, but will accept packages for you as well. And since they are NOT the USPS, they can also accept packages from ANY carrier - Fedex, UPS, DHL, etc. It is worth it for $15 or $20 per month.
Old 07-21-2010

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thmaude View Post
I would use your girlfriend's account, or your brother's account, or your best friend's account, if those are a no go, parents.

Uncle Ted, or someone close.

If you have nobody, no friends, no family, not one single person who trusts you and would help out, then I would get out of the online sales business, shut down my internet account, and move to a natural environment, kick drugs and booze, find some new start with new friends. Even if it means new religion or faith. But start with organic food, and no cell phone or internet. Find out where you went wrong and why nobody trusts you, and why no frends will help you.

I have four people who have ebay accounts, and they have all given me access at one time or another. I can even have them place a bid for me if I need to get something and do not want it on my own account for whatever reason. People trust me.
Ummmmmm............NO..........I would personally never use a family member's or friends address/info for my own use....that is actually pretty low down and immature....why are people so afraid of PO Boxes or the alike??? Getting one of those is super easy! Good Luck to the threadstarter!
Old 07-21-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd205 View Post
Once one is successfully back on ebay , what will become of the items you wish to buy?
Your home address, where all items used to be shipped, is no longer good for ebay's purposes. Whether you made an address up or used a private mailbox, it seems like a dilema is arising. Where do you have items shipped since you can't give ebay your home address.
I am on the brink of getting back on ebay and am thinking of buying a television. Where can I have it shipped to? Is it safe to give the ebay sellers my home address?
I don't know what to do in this situation and don't want to risk this new account being suspended.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!

I recommend you do not buy with your seller account.

Instead create a separate eBay/PayPal account ONLY for buying stuff that you want.. and use a safe address, UPS store PO Box is good too. You can even use your old address that is slightly modified with success. More details about this in eBay Stealth.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2010

Longevity: 83%

Ya my thinking is if your selling "ALL" legitimate products, if a family member trusts you and more importantly you wont leave them with a neg on their credit report for fees than go that route. But remember dont screw it up. Taxes, legit, and Pay your bills.

Now if anything is in the "grey" area stay far far away from family and friends. Kinda self explanatory as to why.
Old 07-23-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post
Ummmmmm............NO..........I would personally never use a family member's or friends address/info for my own use....that is actually pretty low down and immature....why are people so afraid of PO Boxes or the alike??? Getting one of those is super easy! Good Luck to the threadstarter!

I'm not a crook, and I deal in legit merch, so it is not low down or imature.

I have reasons for wanting to stay below the radar, and use various accounts. But it is not because I am selling anything illegal.

But I do have wonderful friends and a few family members who believe I would never harm their credit.

If you are a crook, and doing shady things, then I hope you never do get back on anywhere.
Old 07-24-2010

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thmaude View Post
I'm not a crook, and I deal in legit merch, so it is not low down or imature.

I have reasons for wanting to stay below the radar, and use various accounts. But it is not because I am selling anything illegal.

But I do have wonderful friends and a few family members who believe I would never harm their credit.

If you are a crook, and doing shady things, then I hope you never do get back on anywhere.
ummmm.........no..........music boy, learn to stand on your own 4 and dont imply that others dont have ''friends'' or ''family'' just because they have maturity and perhaps want to do an adult thing and and run their business without the personal government issued information of others.