Please advise.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Please advise....

I recieved this email through the ebay system this morning from a buyer so it is on the record. The item cost was approx. $79.00.....

<<<I have NOT received the package you sent me. It was shipped to my
old address and I think the person that now lives there stole the
package because he claims that he never received it. Since the
shipping records show it was received I don't know what to do.>>>

I suggested that she contact the sheriff, or the postal authorities, and see if they could do anything.

If they file a claim, can I fight it, or do I just send another item. They never updated the address so how would I know where to send the item if they dont live there.

Your thoughts
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

As long as you can prove that it has been received to the address provided you will have a case. It's not really your problem as the item has been delivered. Advise the customer on the possibility of contacting the correct law enforcement agency.
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Idiot buyers that dont change address and expect you to help. I had one a couple years ago and the idiot moved 2 years before he bought. 2 years and he was pissed at me! And I actually lost the chageback.

If tracking shows it was delivered to registered address you should win a claim. But you never know with PayPal! Best you can do is try and act as helpful as you can without making any promises. You want to avoid a chargeback and a neg while not having to actually do anything. You did ship it to address they gave you. Its not your fault. But just dont piss him off or he can try cause trouble. All you can do is tell him it was delivered and receiver has it. But again, be as nice as you can. Morons always have a tendency to blame everyone but themselves!
Old 08-07-2010

It doesn't matter what you have as proof. If he paid by credit card through paypal and he does a chargeback with his CC company, paypal will refund his money and he will keep your item.
Use his address and phone on your next stealth account. When you don't pay the bill it might link with his real ebay account and get booted. If not, he at least will get a few collection calls.
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post

Use his address and phone on your next stealth account.
Woh, dude. You are jumping the gun here! The guy hasn't done anything yet.
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post
It doesn't matter what you have as proof. If he paid by credit card through paypal and he does a chargeback with his CC company, paypal will refund his money and he will keep your item.
Use his address and phone on your next stealth account. When you don't pay the bill it might link with his real ebay account and get booted. If not, he at least will get a few collection calls.
I dont think it will come to that. Just an idiot buyer without a clue. If push comes to shove, I'll just refund, block the buyer, try and get ebay to remove the neg, write off the loss on my taxes, and move on.

It's just $80.00 dollars, not a huge sum, so just the cost of doing business.

It could be alot worse, it could of happened on Amazon, where there would be a very good chance I would lose the a to z claim AND get suspended because of this retard!
Old 08-07-2010

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
I dont think it will come to that. Just an idiot buyer without a clue. If push comes to shove, I'll just refund, block the buyer, try and get ebay to remove the neg, write off the loss on my taxes, and move on.

It's just $80.00 dollars, not a huge sum, so just the cost of doing business.

It could be alot worse, it could of happened on Amazon, where there would be a very good chance I would lose the a to z claim AND get suspended because of this retard!

That is the right attitude to have...It is the cost of doing business on Ebay...Do your best to help them and hope for the best...If push comes to shove then just refund and block them...Anything is better that dealing with a chargeback and eBay looking at you...
Old 08-07-2010

Longevity: 96%

If you can show delivery confirmation to the address registered with Paypal and/or ebay I think you should be safe.

Beyond that what is a seller to do?

If that's not enough you could order your inventory from other people, claim you never got the item even though they have delivery confirmation and sell the stuff on your stealth accounts.