new ebay rules for buyers YEAH - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-21-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default new ebay rules for buyers YEAH

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/201009.sh...10-09-21143530

WOW something good for a change. read that!!!!

Automatic 5-star DSRs for free and fast shipping:

* As of August 24, when you offer and your buyer chooses free shipping, eBay will automatically rate the transaction with 5 stars for shipping cost.

* Starting in November, when you specify 1-day handling time, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day after the buyer's payment clears, and we know your package arrived within 4 business days from when the buyer pays (or arrived by your estimated delivery if that was earlier), eBay will automatically rate the transaction with 5 stars for shipping time.

Reporting your experience with the buyer

* Starting in a few weeks, you’ll have easy access to a streamlined reporting hub to share with eBay your full experience with a buyer.

* Links to the new reporting hub will be at your fingertips—in the Feedback flow, in your Seller Dashboard, on the Contact Us page on eBay, and in Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro.

* Though it won’t be public or visible to buyers, the information you provide will be used by eBay to help identify and take action against these buyers and sellers. They may be suspended or placed on restriction and their feedback and Buyer Protection cases removed from your account.

* Starting in November, you’ll also see on your Seller Dashboard the number of times negative Feedback, low DSRs, and Buyer Protection cases were removed from your account due to seller reporting and eBay’s detection methods....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luna For This Useful Post:
holyhell (09-21-2010), poorgirl (09-21-2010), rcdrivertim (09-21-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

If they had not put a muzzle on sellers in the first place we would have did all the work for them by continuing to neg these bogus buyers who try to get over. Now that they finally see sellers are getting screwed, and buyers are having a field day with buyer protection and chargebacks, they now want us to tell them how much customers stink... BEHIND THEIR BACKS!!! F@#@ ebay...
Old 09-21-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

About Damn time Free shipping = 5 stars!
Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 81%

This is really good because they are taking a couple decisions out of the buyers hands. We've all had the bad apple that leaves all one stars because of an issue.

I have always done free shipping domestically, and had a 1 day handling time, but the only time I do tracking is in the beginning with the 21 day hold.
Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 80%

its a start...., but won't get my suspended account back!
Old 09-21-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

It is about time.

Buyers know the shipping cost when they hit the button and still leave you low DSR even after they agreed to pay your quoted amount.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
luna (09-21-2010)
Old 09-22-2010

* As of August 24, when you offer and your buyer chooses free shipping, eBay will automatically rate the transaction with 5 stars for shipping cost.

Make ebay more money by forcing sellers to add the shipping into the price.

* Starting in November, when you specify 1-day handling time, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day after the buyer's payment clears, and we know your package arrived within 4 business days from when the buyer pays (or arrived by your estimated delivery if that was earlier), eBay will automatically rate the transaction with 5 stars for shipping time.

I have the labels in the house, so I could add the tracking the same day.
But the rest we all know that tracking is as reliable as a chocolate fireguard, and you are still stuck with the bias of an ebay system.

Reporting your experience with the buyer.

And we really believe that is going to work, and ebay are going to listen you can just here the ebay employee.
Seller: I was sitting in my home minding my own business when the buyer went psycho raped my dog and shot me six times, demanding I take back the item and pay them a million pound for compensation. Sorry I can't respond to emails the email system from beyond the grave is a bit slow.
Ebay employee: well you probably upset them, so can we charge your partners account for the million pound they justly deserve.

* Starting in a few weeks, you’ll have easy access to a streamlined reporting hub to share with eBay your full experience with a buyer.

We can report them now if you have the luck of finding the hidden report link, but they do not listen when you report them.

* Links to the new reporting hub will be at your fingertips—in the Feedback flow, in your Seller Dashboard, on the Contact Us page on eBay, and in Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro.

* Though it won’t be public or visible to buyers, the information you provide will be used by eBay to help identify and take action against these buyers and sellers. They may be suspended or placed on restriction and their feedback and Buyer Protection cases removed from your account.

So now they can strike you four times for the one purchase great, as they have another way to complain about the seller that will hurt your account.

* Starting in November, you’ll also see on your Seller Dashboard the number of times negative Feedback, low DSRs, and Buyer Protection cases were removed from your account due to seller reporting and eBay’s detection methods....

Basically for the Trusted sellers to make them feel all protected, warm and fuzzy inside. Make them work even harder to keep the status of Trusted seller, and to put in more effort in attacking their competitors, as they will feel even more that they can't afford any threat on their TSR.

Sorry but when ebay make changes they always tend to be a double edged sword
Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
This is nearly worthless. In very rare cases will a package arrive in 4 days from cleared payment. For international shipping, forget about it. For national shipping, what if the buyer doesn't pick up the package or isn't home when it gets delivered? The seller, not the buyer, is screwed.
Old 09-22-2010

Longevity: 81%

With Delivery Confirmation, it shows when it was delivered. Actual day and time. So it doesn't matter if they don't check PO box or aren't home. You have your hardcore evidence.
Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Feedback policy sucks until sellers have the option of negative feedback to be left for buyer. All the things in the eBay world won't resolve that.
Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
This is nearly worthless.
Agree!

we know your package arrived within 4 business days from when the buyer pays

This is a stipulation that's simply too strict! Bad enough the buyers think buying off the internet is magic, now eBay does too. So fastest shipping you can get, but free....

Sorry, but this is completely and totally absurd

eBay wants sellers to put shipping in price to jack fees even more is all. They must think we are idiots

Dont get me wrong, in some cases it will be nice the buyer cant low rate the shipping. But guess what, that will piss some of them off and they will hit us somewhere else! Maybe worse with neg feedback
Old 09-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Default o.k.

o.k. I thought it looked to be too good to be true.
The Following User Says Thank You to luna For This Useful Post:
pod (09-22-2010)
Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
o.k. I thought it looked to be too good to be true.
So did I at first glance
Its the little things that messed it up. So like eBay.....
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
luna (09-22-2010)
Old 09-22-2010

Longevity: 80%

I was suspended on half.com June 8th and they wrote me a letter stating that I could ask for my money after 90 days which was Sept 8th and I emailed them 4 times with an auto email stating that they will get back to me 24 to 72 hours. It has been 2 weeks with no response from half.com. It is 2600.00. What do I do now? Help!
Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Dude, I know you are in a panic but seriously! You need to post this in every thread????

Do you think the staff from half.com work here?
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

I have an idea for a workaround lol

I sell heavier merchandise that is more cost efficient to send via UPS ground, even if i ship the same day its not reaching the west coast in 4 days.

Im thinking about sticking a business card in an envelope then sending it first class mail and attaching the tracking number for that on the transaction then i will email the buyer their UPS tracking number.

It will cost me $1.41 extra to do this but maybe its worth it.
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

A thank you note saying package will be there shortly. Could work

But if ebay takes a peak manually at tracking, would it show as a letter? Even if folks do get the goods, they may not like you manipulating the tracking system.
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

No it wouldnt show as a letter, it would still be considered as a parcel by the USPS

Ya guaranteed they wouldnt like it haha
Old 09-24-2010

what the 4-day rule is saying is that it will AUTOMATICALLY be a 5-star for shipping time if blah blah blah. If it is delivered on the 5th day or 7th day.....then the buyer could still leave 5-star rating if they wish and it will count as a 5 star. Definetly dont think that paying 1.41 to send something with tracking just to get a hopeful definte 5-star is not worth the money....espeically if you ship to 50 people each day or even each week! And it costs 1.41 to ship a letter with DC through paypal and I would imagine that would cause you more potential problems....considering paypal will see that it was a 1 oz ''package or thick envenlope'' and you are supposed to be shipping a power wheels....
Old 09-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
I have an idea for a workaround lol

I sell heavier merchandise that is more cost efficient to send via UPS ground, even if i ship the same day its not reaching the west coast in 4 days.

Im thinking about sticking a business card in an envelope then sending it first class mail and attaching the tracking number for that on the transaction then i will email the buyer their UPS tracking number.

It will cost me $1.41 extra to do this but maybe its worth it.
And it will get the buyer pi**ed off, asking you why the letter got there in 4 days but the actual item ordered still hasn't arrived.