EBAY NEW RULE.. Another hurdle - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-11-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default EBAY NEW RULE.. Another hurdle

People who have sold before are grandfathered into the system. We don't have to even have Paypal accounts.

People who did not sell before the date that the new policy was announced (with zero grace period--the minute it was announced, it was effective) are required to have Paypal accounts in order to be able to sell. That includes any member who never sold before, even if they were around for 5 years.

The way I read the rule, I did not see it as saying that you had to USE the Paypal account, just that you needed to have one to sell.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2007
Threadstarter  

"To keep eBay a safe place for both buyers and sellers, sellers who register after January 17, 2007 are required to offer either PayPal or a merchant account credit card as an accepted payment method for their items."
Old 04-11-2007
Threadstarter  

Modee, how do you let ebay or how does ebay know that you have an merchant account.. Do they just see that in your auctions???
Old 04-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

EBay introduces stupid rules like this all the time. This won't affect anyone I believe. It's just eBay's way of saying; only use our payment system, Paypal.
Old 04-11-2007
Threadstarter  

yeah, its going to affect alot people who doesnt want to use pay or can't use paypal...

How will they know if I have an merchant account?
Old 04-11-2007

Longevity: 98%

they won't know...
Old 04-11-2007
Threadstarter  

"""Pricing: A start price should aim to attract as many potential buyers as possible. Many sellers start their item low, (for example $0.99) and experience great results with a higher final sale price.

Payments: To keep eBay a safe place for both buyers and sellers, sellers who register after January 17, 2007 and want to sell internationally are required to offer PayPal as an accepted safe payment method for their items. eBay recommends PayPal, because it is a secure, fast, convenient and cost effective online payment method that allows you to accept all major credit cards, wire transfers, debit cards in one payment solution. You can also accept other forms of payment from your buyers (eg: Wire Transfer, Cash on Delivery).

Postage: Including all postage and packaging costs in the listing is highly recommended - buyers prefer to be aware of all costs prior to bidding. """
Old 04-11-2007

key here being international sales...ebay isn't forcing all sellers to be in the paypal system so long as they don't conduct international business...this problem for new sellers not being allowed to list is a new beast.
Old 04-12-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
CPU I use PP but none of my PPs are linked to my EBAY account. Are you saying that now the PP must be linked, or just that sellers must offer PP as an option for payment?

CPU I do not know how to make EBAY aware of your merchant account, as I got rid of mine long ago and have been using PP.

why do you use paypal. I just don't understand that..You already know how bad they are.. I don't understand why people use paypal and when they freeze their accounts they get mad as hell.. Do yourself a favor and get a merchant account..lol

oh and new account s must link a paypal
Old 04-12-2007

cpu you need to stop putting out false info...new accounts don't need to link a paypal...its only if you sell internationally...

new sellers accounts need only offer paypal OR a merchant account...
Old 04-12-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueladams View Post
cpu you need to stop putting out false info...new accounts don't need to link a paypal...its only if you sell internationally...

new sellers accounts need only offer paypal OR a merchant account...
NEW accounts have to link in order to sell. they have to be paypal verified and in orer for ebay to know that you have to link your account. why don't you read ebay forum and find out for yourself. i talk to seasoned vets in ebay forum and they told me.
Old 04-12-2007

so please show the ebay policy that states that new ebay members must be paypal verified.

Its been stated you need to offer paypal or merchant account but have never seen anything saying you must be paypal verified to sell on your home site...yes if you want to sell on other ebay sites.
Old 04-12-2007
Threadstarter  

Read their forum
Old 04-12-2007

just spent 45 min. reading their forums...didn't find anything...which forum should I be looking at?
Old 04-12-2007
Threadstarter  

trust and safety and the seller lsitings
Old 04-12-2007

yeah just read through all of those as well as the paypal board...I find nothing there outside of them saying you have to offer paypal OR a merchant account.

I wouldn't imagine there'd be too much discussion from people that are getting suspended as new sellers b/c if they were getting suspended then how could they be on an ebay chat board. In any case I'm still not seeing what you're purporting...appreciate you trying to help though! Still searching for the answer on the newbies not being able to list.
Old 04-12-2007
Threadstarter  

sure, anytime
Old 04-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
why do you use paypal. I just don't understand that..You already know how bad they are.. I don't understand why people use paypal and when they freeze their accounts they get mad as hell.. Do yourself a favor and get a merchant account..lol

oh and new account s must link a paypal
Well a lot of sellers may not be earing over $500 dollars a week. If you are earning a lot of money a week say over $1000 and Paypal freezes it then yea, it's hell. Esp. if you need to pay your supplier and shipping, and all that stuff. Or, if you don't know any other way of payment and need to conduct business since you have all that inventory sitting there.

Maybe people who don't care to get frozen are just selling garage sale stuff, not actually conducting business.

I don't know, I think they are idiots.

I'm surprised that there isn't anyone pissed off enough at Paypal/Ebay to go to to their office and shoot someone or bomb the building!
Old 04-15-2007

okay, I just made another account (my third, and final backup backup) and yes, I have to offer PAYPAL or a MERCHANT account, for DOMESTIC buyers. If I want to sell internationally I have to have a PAYPAL account it seems.
Old 06-10-2007

Yes, it's been confirmed that when you open a new account you have to have a paypal or merchant account to sell. Although this requirement comes and goes for some reason. Probably chock it up to ebay's infamously bad servers. It's also been confirmed (at least according to chat reps pointing to cryptic pages on the matter) that if you sell worldwide, you have to link your account. This applies to all sites but oddly enough doesn't for some reason seem to apply to the U.S. even though they SAY it does. Anyone know why? I'm tempted to go ask at the ebay forums, but what would you say? LOL they'd probably report you! The subject of a "linked" account is a touchy one.