Avoid Being a Powerseller? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Avoid Being a Powerseller?

I thought I read somewhere about declining being a Powerseller since you don't want any more attention that you have to have. I recently become one, but didn't see an option to decline. Was I supposed to stop selling with that account when I was close so I wouldn't qualify? Is being one really that bad?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2010

Longevity: 92%

Its not bad as such, but does draw more attention to your account. If there is something fishy about your account you may get sniffed out even more due to your powerseller status.

On the other hand you get cheaper ebay fee's
Old 10-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no its not bad at all, I havent noticed much difference, but the registration details must be minty fresh, to avoid flags

you could decline to complete powerseller application a while back
Old 10-06-2010

Longevity: 80%

yes, I think the option to decline PS status was available before, but I think it is no longer optional. I opted out way back on one of my accounts way way back, and it is impossible to opt back in. It makes no difference now as that account is down, but when I was using it a while back, I was not eligible for the discount scheme they devised since then. They give it to you whether you want it or not, much like everything else you get on there.
Old 10-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You get some % savings on fees so that's not bad. Recent changes on eBay don't allow you to say "Powerseller" in the subtitles either.
Old 10-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I think you have to email them now to opt out, which might raise flags in its own right. There are many advantages to being a PS, such as higher placement in listings and cheaper fees.
Old 10-06-2010
MU

If you know you won't have almost any problems with what your selling and you have money to back up that account then you should go ahead with being a powerseller.

If you don't want to go through hassles if that powerseller account ever gets violations and tons of stuff then don't do it.

I would go for it. Learn new stuff and let us know.
Old 10-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I have several stealth accounts that are PS and have TRS status. I haven't had any problems with any of the accounts at all. Like FandangoKango said above if you know you won't have any problems with the account such as violations then go for it.
If you do become a PS and don't want to become one if you go to your seller dashboard you can see the requirments that you have to meet in order to qualify for Bronze PS status. Just make sure you don't meet them and you won't have to worry about it.
Old 10-07-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

In my opinion, it really matters more if you use paypal to accept payment, or something else. We're talking stealth here... so the less money run through paypal the better. But, if you're not using paypal, or some other such processor that equally sucks or even worse, then no, I wouldn't accept powerseller status, or not sell more than 2k a month through an account.... but if you're not using paypal, go for it.
Old 10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
In my opinion, it really matters more if you use paypal to accept payment, or something else. We're talking stealth here... so the less money run through paypal the better. But, if you're not using paypal, or some other such processor that equally sucks or even worse, then no, I wouldn't accept powerseller status, or not sell more than 2k a month through an account.... but if you're not using paypal, go for it.
Powerseller status isnt something you can "accept" anymore through the standard email they used to send. Nowadays, you get a message saying you have earned it and it is automatically applied to your account. I havent had any issues, and suggest anyone who receives the Powerseller status just leave it be. In the eyes of eBay nobody should want to opt out. If you try, you are only bringing attention to yourself.
Old 10-08-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Sure it is... you just sell below the criteria to meet powerseller status... and now you've declined to be a power seller, when you know you could have sold more

I take control of my ebay and paypal work, as opposed to letting them take the reigns
Old 10-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

I think I will hold off selling with that account until the next update is made (which I believe is in 3 days), so I won't keep the Powerseller status.
Old 10-18-2010

Longevity: 79%

I sell vero (dvd's) and I am a Top Seller. Sales skyrocket and I've been fine so far for many months selling $10k+ monthly.
Old 10-20-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy View Post
Powerseller status isnt something you can "accept" anymore through the standard email they used to send. Nowadays, you get a message saying you have earned it and it is automatically applied to your account. I havent had any issues, and suggest anyone who receives the Powerseller status just leave it be. In the eyes of eBay nobody should want to opt out. If you try, you are only bringing attention to yourself.
I've been a "power seller" for years, but declined to have the "power seller" badge put on my listings, and still don't have it. I doubt it makes much difference, but I always thought that maybe it would prevent some internet bot from tracking my sales. I am technically a powerseller, and Ebay treats me that way, so I'm probably not accomplishing anything.
Old 10-22-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Not always a bad thing...read the Stealth Book and see the pros V cons.
Old 11-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Just hit power seller on my #1 account. Just barely met the 3k sales mark. I dunno what to do, the last time i had a power seller account..It went down in 2 weeks, that was also a TRS so i dunno if that hurt even more.

This account, sells 3 items and 3 items only. All are complete foofoo, and it's 100% feedback for 6 months. Oddly i see the powerseller tag in my ebay but on my auctions,and feedback profile..It's not listed, do i need to sign in to the powerseller program to activate it? If so, i probably won't join. I dont even think my phone # on the account works on ebay LOL

Gonna update that now
Old 11-19-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy2010 View Post
Just hit power seller on my #1 account. Just barely met the 3k sales mark. I dunno what to do, the last time i had a power seller account..It went down in 2 weeks, that was also a TRS so i dunno if that hurt even more.

This account, sells 3 items and 3 items only. All are complete foofoo, and it's 100% feedback for 6 months. Oddly i see the powerseller tag in my ebay but on my auctions,and feedback profile..It's not listed, do i need to sign in to the powerseller program to activate it? If so, i probably won't join. I dont even think my phone # on the account works on ebay LOL

Gonna update that now
It takes around 2-3 days for PS status to appear on listings.

Get a new phone number on that account...last time I had PS status...they called!

I know it is weird, but when you start on the tier climb of PS's, they start to want to know you more (this means MORE frequent calls, more attention, etc)
Old 11-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

I just got TRS......... on the account that sells all foofoo.. This sucks. I dunno if i should suspend sales or what.

and yeah it has my current # for the paypal on it, oddly enough they are mismatches, the paypal belongs to someone i know, and the ebay is an old account that had its paypal limited a long time ago.

So let me break it down on these events

Ebay account ok, paypal account limited, i removed paypal/ebay link immediately

I then add a relatives paypal to this ebay account, and continue to sell for 2+ months.

Now ebay account is a power seller, 2 days later now it's a top rated seller. I mean this account is 4.9 w/125+ ratings.So it's nice... heh debating on cooling it, and then the week after thanksgiving going balls to the wall with listings and hope for the best. Or plan b...... cut all sales