So this is how the slick big boys play the ebay game. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-13-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default So this is how the slick big boys play the ebay game.

Bought something off ebay that was electronic, the item was DOA.

Of course wrote them right away and said the item did not work and I wanted a full refund and the return shipping.

They sent me a return postage file which I opened, printed and returned the item.

They get the item back and no refund. So I send them several messages with no reply.

Then I file the item not as described on this item and now here comes messages from several different people within the business.
Financial Dept, Trust Dept, Returns Dept. They are all telling me how busy they are and how much they sell and to please give them time to answer the question.

I am thinking no way do they have all of these depts to begin with.

I get the refund this morning for the item.

Tonight what do I get? A non paying bidder alert for me not paying for the item.

Is this the new slick way to be dishonest when you sell a piece of crap.
I have been around this a while and did not know this little game existed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Wow sorry to hear about your horror story. I did not know you could have a non-paying bidder claim filed against you if they have refunded you the money. I would contact Ebay and notify them of the refund and give them the PP refund transaction ID# so they can verify it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (10-16-2010)
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default yes it works

yes this game works. mail them the transaction number or anyhting on file that you paid for it. also thread with neg. fb for the seller, might work
The Following User Says Thank You to luna For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (10-16-2010)
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 79%

I don't know what they have to gain by filing an NPB. They should have simply filed for cancellation of the sale to get their Ebay fees back. By doing it the way they did they leave themselves open to an irritated buyer leaving them a negative.
The Following User Says Thank You to lostsub For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (10-16-2010)
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

This seller does not know how to cancel the transaction. E-mail them and request a change from non-paying bidder to cancellation. I have done this before without problem when I had a naive seller.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts

Thanks everyone.

Email sent to request to remove this and cancel the transaction.
Old 10-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

I understand your frustration along with MANY others on the Forum, but whatever your choose to do,...DO NOT FORGET to remain under the radar, if you are Stealth.
Being Stealth also means, being smart and swallowing your pride(or dollar(s)),at times or many times.
By doing so, you make your dollar(whatever it may be). Your frustrations can take the best of you, and unconsciencly, have you reviewed... and BAMM... your banned!!!
An advantage of being Stealth, and every case is different, is making a dollar 9 out-of-ten transactions!
The important thing is...staying alive to sell more!

Good Luck!

waterproof
The Following User Says Thank You to waterproof For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (10-18-2010)
Old 10-18-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default Once seller file a NPB

Once seller file a NPB, buyer can't leave FB, right?
Old 10-18-2010

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by macebay View Post
Yep, your right, it is a trick that is used... I get knocked for items, as we all have (I'm not talking about DOA's)... if a NPB is placed and then 4 days later still not "payed" then it is a bit like the transaction was never completed... so it can't have a Negative placed on that transaction. I have done this, it confuses the buyer like mad when they get a NPB on a item they got refunded for, usually they are so pleased to get the refund and very unlikely to want to pay again, they don't realizes they a short time to do something, normally it isn't noticed by them on the 1st day or so... the 4 days passes very quickly, sometimes the buyer might even send me an email saying I made a mistake, but I play for time, might even send an email saying sorry for the mistake etc. but all the while I'm just waiting for those 4 days to pass, then if needed I ask "the unwashed" for any feedback to be removed.
Old 10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macebay View Post
It's usually in a seller's best interest now to not file NPB's too often, as the option to simply cancel the sale is less threatening and is available without waiting. If the customer responds to the request for cancellation the fees are returned right away. If they don't respond you automatically get your fees back after a short waiting period.
Filing a NPB can trigger some buyers to retaliate by negging you. The language in the cancellation email isn't threatening, and I even have gotten fees back when the mistake is mine. Haven't gotten a neg yet by doing it this way.
Old 10-18-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

If a buyer hasn't paid and you file a NPB, the buyer can't leave you any feedbacks until he/she pays.
Old 10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
If a buyer hasn't paid and you file a NPB, the buyer can't leave you any feedbacks until he/she pays.
Really? I thought they could leave feedback until the NPB was closed as unpaid and no response from the buyer. I was always relieved when I closed cases because I knew that I couldn't get a negative after that.
It didn't seem fair, but that's how I thought Ebay had set it up. If its how you say then that's good news for me.
Old 10-27-2010

Longevity: 86%

If this person is a big seller, than you can bet your bottom dollar that he/she is doing this on purpose. Buyers can NOT leave negative feedback for a NPB dispute that goes "unpaid" (unless of course the bidder asks ebay to remove the strike which ebay I am sure always does).....so if you are refunded, the glitch in ebay's system just shows that there was no payment made thus allowing the seller to put a NPB dispute on you.....however this is VERY VERY easily fixed by contacting ebay live support or through email. More than likely this seller has done it before anyhow and there is a recording of it. I am aggrevated for you! Good luck with it!