Just Bought Accnts...How Soon Can I Start... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Just Bought Accnts...How Soon Can I Start...

Just Bought 2 Accnts that have zero feedback...Not getting good post sale support from seller!!!
How Soon Can I Start...Changing bank accnt info,
Changing Email addresses
Should I leave the phone numbers as is?
Building feedback? but if I buy with a bogus
address, the item will go to ???
Start selling?
I appreciate all the help I can get with this...don't want to screw this up!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

You don't want to start changing a bunch of stuff right away. That is a huge red flag for Ebay and will draw attention to you right away and get you a MC010 right away. As for building feedback the best way is to just start selling smaller items. If you try and get crazy you will get nailed for feedback manipulation and then you will lose the account. I am sure you are wanting to start selling and make good money but remember that slow and steady wins the race.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
directmedia (10-15-2010), tommymon (10-14-2010)
Old 10-15-2010

Couldn't agree more with you
Maybe you can sell smaller and cheaper items for gaining good reputation.
my advise, if you have a great standing eBay accounts, dont lose it :(
Old 10-16-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymon View Post
Just Bought 2 Accnts that have zero feedback...Not getting good post sale support from seller!!!
How Soon Can I Start...Changing bank accnt info,
Changing Email addresses
Should I leave the phone numbers as is?
Building feedback? but if I buy with a bogus
address, the item will go to ???
Start selling?
I appreciate all the help I can get with this...don't want to screw this up!
You can start selling very low price items within the first week. Change bank account info within the first month. Change email within the first month. When you sell and you have to verify your number change it there. Buy the item if you don't need it and choose a foward address at the usps i think they do it maybe it works with stealth addresses unless they want id of that place you live it might not work. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
tommymon (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

But, if I start selling the first week but don't change Bank info until the 3rd week and sell stuff, where is the money going?
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

From personal experience, if you change the address or details on the account before selling, there's a high chance that eBay will slam you with a MC169 or similar suspension, which means they're worried that you stole someone else's account and are now using it to sell.

If you do change the details, you should let the account sit 1-2 months, from experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
tommymon (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

You don't know how to make a paypal account? I'm just saying, you wouldn't be having these problems if you did.
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

we bought ebay accnts with PP attached, soo we would need to change the PP info at some point in time!
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Change the details now, surf around with it every few days, bid on some items, then buy some items with the account, then let it sit 1-2 months before selling. When you start selling, list 1 item first and wait for it to end. Then list another one, then another one the next day. Wait for them to finish. Go real slow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
outraged (10-17-2010), tommymon (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010

Longevity: 85%

You bought the account with a Virtual Bank Account? Then can't you just add a new bank account?(your)
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

I don't know if it's a Virtual account! Seller did not explain things very well and "after sale support" does not seem to be his strong point.
I am new to all this virtual, stealth stuff!
Old 10-16-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts

Not to be mean about it but people who buy account need to know something about getting the account, getting it up and running and learning from all the tons of info here on how to sit on it a bit, go slow, how to list, how much to list etc.

To me the seller of the account cannot continue to babysit you forever. That is something you need to learn and read about on this forum.

Sure, if the seller did not do something right then I say they need to fix it but buying an account does not give you a lifetime of the seller answering a million questions about the learning process.

The learning process of how to develop a new account is not only in the book sold here but is in tons of post all over this board.

Again, not to mean any harm to you but if the account is fine and it is just some learning curves that you need to work on, I do not see it being the sellers responsibility to teach you the ropes from start to finish.

Read, read and read again. Everything you need to know about your new accounts has been asked and answered by many great senior posters etc here on the board.

Go slow, very slow with a new account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
tommymon (10-17-2010)
Old 10-17-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

report back and let us know how the account goes within a few months
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
tommymon (10-17-2010)
Old 10-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Not to be mean about it but people who buy account need to know something about getting the account, getting it up and running and learning from all the tons of info here on how to sit on it a bit, go slow, how to list, how much to list etc.

To me the seller of the account cannot continue to babysit you forever. That is something you need to learn and read about on this forum.

Sure, if the seller did not do something right then I say they need to fix it but buying an account does not give you a lifetime of the seller answering a million questions about the learning process.

The learning process of how to develop a new account is not only in the book sold here but is in tons of post all over this board.

Again, not to mean any harm to you but if the account is fine and it is just some learning curves that you need to work on, I do not see it being the sellers responsibility to teach you the ropes from start to finish.

Read, read and read again. Everything you need to know about your new accounts has been asked and answered by many great senior posters etc here on the board.

Go slow, very slow with a new account.
I was not looking to be babysat and asked the seller up front if he would walk me thru the process. All I was looking for was reassurance that I understood his techno terms and knew what to do with that info.
Other than that, just wanted some very basic questions answered.
I have also been putting in my due diligence here, but there can be a lot of contradictory information. Just trying to clarify things! But, I do appreciate your input.
They can give you the numbers to the combination, but if you don't which way to turn the dial???
Old 10-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
report back and let us know how the account goes within a few months
I will do that for sure! tks tmon
Old 10-17-2010

Longevity: 85%

What you should do is add a new bank account when your ready to do so. The purpose of having a virtual bank account in paypal is to verify it until you are ready to add your own.You dont really need to change anything else except your phone number and the password for the email address.You can also change the username of the account and that should be enough. The sellers here are trustworthy so you dont really need to worry about changing things right away.You can start right away by selling non vero items
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialGenius For This Useful Post:
tommymon (10-17-2010)
Old 10-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
What you should do is add a new bank account when your ready to do so. The purpose of having a virtual bank account in paypal is to verify it until you are ready to add your own.You dont really need to change anything else except your phone number and the password for the email address.You can also change the username of the account and that should be enough. The sellers here are trustworthy so you dont really need to worry about changing things right away.You can start right away by selling non vero items
Thanks! Appreciate your help! tmon
Old 10-17-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymon View Post
I was not looking to be babysat and asked the seller up front if he would walk me thru the process. All I was looking for was reassurance that I understood his techno terms and knew what to do with that info.
Other than that, just wanted some very basic questions answered.
I have also been putting in my due diligence here, but there can be a lot of contradictory information. Just trying to clarify things! But, I do appreciate your input.
They can give you the numbers to the combination, but if you don't which way to turn the dial???
The owner of this site wont allow sellers to sell account here if they are doing something wrong.
If you have an issue with a seller then take it to the owner or a mod.
Sorry if I offended you but there are tons of post about going slow with new accounts. The connect the dots of what do to with a new account are all over this site.
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
The owner of this site wont allow sellers to sell account here if they are doing something wrong.
If you have an issue with a seller then take it to the owner or a mod.
Sorry if I offended you but there are tons of post about going slow with new accounts. The connect the dots of what do to with a new account are all over this site.

This is not about my problem with a seller as much as I was just trying to clarify some lingering questions! You are making this about me and the seller, when a number of other members have given me good supportive information, and have answered my questions! My thanks to them! Now I hope to be done with this thread!