Flipping burgers! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Flipping burgers!

I have had it, with selling on ebay, and unless I find out that Merchant Accounts will enable me to sell, on ebay without having my money frozen/stolen, then I will never go back..in fact, I don't even think I'm going to look for alternatives. It's been TWO times in a row that I have been through hell and back with ebay. I thought I was making good money..but when I average it through the course of a year...I'm only making lots of money during Christmas...for the depression, anxiety, and extreme stress this place has caused me, I swear I rather just go flip burgers. It's an honest job, NO stress, and a guaranteed weekly paycheck.

Really, I have some college under my belt..so my idea is to just suffer the next 2-6 years and finish up my Science program. That knowledge is something that no one can take away from me...or "freeze" or "suspend". Just was looking as a means to get through this AWFUL recession..but I seriously rather bust my butt full-time in college and work at Burger King or Kmart on the weekends. The stress and anguish ebay has caused me has been terrible...I don't know if it's my luck..or if I'm the only one that feels this way.

I was recently suspended and ebay pretty much sent emails to ALL of my 200 previous buyers and practically encouraged them to open cases on me, for a refund...so now people are scamming me out of FULL refunds on items they know they already damn well received...tracking even proves it. Guess what? I can't do crud because I'm "blocked" out of the Resolution Center in ebay...HOW convenient...and corrupt..it's only a matter of time before my $1,100, in Paypal, gets "frozen" due to "security" issues. I feel like they intentionally set us up to screw us out of money. They did this, last time, with me..and I lost $1,700....total of $2,800...thanks ebay/paypal.

Truthfully..I just want to take my credit card OFF Paypal and give them both the finger. I don't care to sell on there anymore..I am NOT lying when I say I will literally just go flip burgers somewhere. Here's the thing..I have two IDIOT buyers who can't comprehend ebay's email about opening a case for a refund..so I don't think Paypal will let me take my card off yet. The email states this, from ebay to buyers:

To help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.

If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund.

A bright person would realize that this is reserved for customers who haven't received their item..but not my customers! They all seem to have an IQ of 40 and even when I email them and request they close the case, explain it..they get real nasty and say...don't you threaten me, etc. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Last edited by deebee; 10-18-2010 at 07:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to deebee For This Useful Post:
ebayerOG (10-19-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Wow..

Time to move to Amazon deebee... where customers don't even know how to leave you feedback.

Seriously I'm not sure what you did but I can see a couple things wrong with your setup. First you left your money in your PayPal account (you never want to do that for too long). And second you seem to be operating within only an account or two. Leaving you open to massive failure.

Have you tried Amazon yet?
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Wow..

Time to move to Amazon deebee... where customers don't even know how to leave you feedback.

Seriously I'm not sure what you did but I can see a couple things wrong with your setup. First you left your money in your PayPal account (you never want to do that for too long). And second you seem to be operating within only an account or two. Leaving you open to massive failure.

Have you tried Amazon yet?
Oh yeah, I actually didn't have a choice..Paypal has a 21 day hold on ALL transactions..even the ones for 99 cents! Believe me...as soon as pending balances are released I continually transfer it to my bank account.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by accounts..but I had 3 selling accounts. Different emails, same paypals. So ya see? :(

PS. Does Amazon seem to suspend sellers as much as ebay? Also, do they have limits and are there as many problems with money being frozen? I know when I shop on Amazon it's always great..checkout with my credit card.
Old 10-18-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Same PayPal account is your problem then. You need to be putting your money into multiple PayPal accounts. If one goes down you are only out a small amount of money instead of ALL your money with just one account. Your eggs are in one basket at the moment and that basket just fell.

Amazon operates in a professional manner whereas eBay is some dumb kid making up rules as time goes by. But make no mistake Amazon is cut throat and overly protective at times. They will suspend you in a heart beat if you slip up. But the selling is good on Amazon (more traffic then eBay) and you don't have to worry about your money being locked up for 180 days. Instead if your account is blocked you just wait 90-days until your funds are released. It's much more pro. I recommend you check them out before you go and change professions.

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Same PayPal account is your problem then. You need to be putting your money into multiple PayPal accounts. If one goes down you are only out a small amount of money instead of ALL your money with just one account. Your eggs are in one basket at the moment and that basket just fell.

Amazon operates in a professional manner whereas eBay is some dumb kid making up rules as time goes by. But make no mistake Amazon is cut throat and overly protective at times. They will suspend you in a heart beat if you slip up. But the selling is good on Amazon (more traffic then eBay) and you don't have to worry about your money being locked up for 180 days. Instead if your account is blocked you just wait 90-days until your funds are released. It's much more pro. I recommend you check them out before you go and change professions.

Good luck!

See..but how would I go on to have multiple Paypal accounts? That's pretty difficult..multiple ebay accounts is one thing..but Paypal?

I'm going to look into Amazon..but I heard they don't let you sell a lot of cosmetics or designer items. I have nothing but designer clothes, hats, cosmetics, that I need to sell off..mostly my own, but many are from my business. I buy them, since I get a discount, and resell them to make a few bucks.
Old 10-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Deebee sorry to hear that you having been having so many problems. Have you purchased the Ebay stealth guide yet?? If not the invest is worth it. If you read it and then re-read it about 3 times and absorb the knowledge in the guide then you will be up and running multiple successful Ebay and Paypal accounts. Paypal and Ebay don't make it easy on you but if you have the right tools and follow all the steps correctly then you will have no problems at all.
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
Deebee sorry to hear that you having been having so many problems. Have you purchased the Ebay stealth guide yet?? If not the invest is worth it. If you read it and then re-read it about 3 times and absorb the knowledge in the guide then you will be up and running multiple successful Ebay and Paypal accounts. Paypal and Ebay don't make it easy on you but if you have the right tools and follow all the steps correctly then you will have no problems at all.
I would..if I had the money! :( Thing is, I sell clothes, cosmetics, hair removal items, etc...and they are ALL "high risk" to ebay...I swear if I sell a 99 cent plastic doll on there they will limit me and suspend my account..so how could I possibly go from this to having multiple accounts up and running..btw...just out of curiosity..do the owner and you have multiple accounts up and running?
Old 10-18-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

deebee, The Stealth Book is FREE with trialpay. Here's the link TrialPay
Old 10-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes I have multiple accounts and several of them sell VERO items. Sometimes it is not what you sell but how you manage and run your accounts. Yes Ebay and PP can be a huge pain but you can take control of the situation and make it work for you.
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

And they never ask you for papers on your VeRo items? What qualifies as a VeRo item anyway? Seems like everything these days! :(
Old 10-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

No I haven't gotten asked for any supplier information but I also don't go and list several of them at the same time. Here is a list of all the VERO members on Ebay. You should take some time and research them. http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-aboutme.html
Old 10-18-2010

See you have to read that Stealth Book I was just like you I am waiting on 1000 bucks in Nov. They limited me right after I printed 33 shipping labels and ship 20 of them. Needless to say I refunded all the ones I didn't ship.
Old 10-18-2010

But you have to sit back and get your plan together and figure out how to make this work. Go to school but set some GOALS with ebay AFTER YOU read the Stealth Book
Old 10-18-2010

one ebay and one paypal each and set up a few no more than 200 a month each and you can get you hustle on.
Old 10-18-2010

someone on here is selling 10 ebay seller accounts for a great price so look around or set up one a week thats 52 accounts a year just marinatiing
The Following User Says Thank You to mememe1972 For This Useful Post:
FandangoKango (10-18-2010)
Old 10-18-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%
Thumbs down

i feel ya on this, especially when you get your items removed for vero. iq of 40 made me laugh.

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-18-2010 at 01:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
deebee (10-18-2010)
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Geesh, if I can't list several items, then ebay really isn't profitable for me. I usually list 4-8 different types of items, in batches of 2-10...right now max. of 5, per listing, since ebay seems to limit that as well! I need to sell an average of 5-10 items/day for ebay to really be worth my time and add up to some type of substantial income, worth the stress.
Old 10-19-2010

Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

i feel the same as u mate i was chucked of ebay and left me with no money which made my life realy depressing and struggling to live and pay rent,i, fed up with a 9-5 job for rubbish money so im starting to open a few stealths as i need to be back on ebay selling so i can live a happy life i would be happy to sell 2 items a day which i no is possible
The Following User Says Thank You to ebayerOG For This Useful Post:
deebee (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayerukg View Post
i feel the same as u mate i was chucked of ebay and left me with no money which made my life realy depressing and struggling to live and pay rent,i, fed up with a 9-5 job for rubbish money so im starting to open a few stealths as i need to be back on ebay selling so i can live a happy life i would be happy to sell 2 items a day which i no is possible

I think it's the economy! Most of us would be willing to work a 9-5 that pays decently and has benefits. About 3.5 years ago, I was able to land MANY of these...NO college education..working as an office assistant..low stress...doesn't take rocket science to perform..and making $15-20/hr. I probably could have made more if I took a supervisor position..but I preferred the mundane environment LOL. I came in...answered phones, filed, checked a few people in, and played on the internet the rest of the day...every Friday was AWESOME...I would generally bring home $500-$700 on my paycheck, after taxes. When I KICK butt, on ebay, I can make around double, of that..but I mean I really KICK butt and I'm working as much as an office job..the stress, depression, anxiety, and constant risk that ebay puts me at, as a seller, are no longer worth it.

Unfortunately..I have a college education, now, and I can't even get interviews for crappy $10/hr part-time jobs..that I am more than qualified for...if I do...you find out they are pretty much slaving you..no benefits..lots of hard work..that's why I was leaning on ebay. However, I have cut back my expenses, drastically, and I am currently living in a free room (trade off), so I only need $500/month to survive..but we all know it sucks just to survive, so my goal is about $1,200/month, to live..because I have family and stuff I need to see and airplane tickets are not cheap..plus..I prefer a little cushion. It's sad to say that I can't go back to school if I am working more than part-time...ruins my financial aid, not enough time to study, ruins grades...and I'm trying to apply to another highly competitive science program...even more sad to say that ebay was an easy way to counter this.

So now..I'm just busy thinking of ways I can make $1,000-$1,200 a month while being able to attend college full-time. That's going to be a struggle. Currently offering babysitting at my home, on weekends..so we will see how that goes. Since I offer a competitive rate, I expect parents to drop the kids off at my home...most are lazy and want $2/hr care...seems like I can't win. I'm living in a large metro city and offering deals like 8 hours for $60, or 12 hours for $75. I didn't think that was too bad.

Last edited by deebee; 10-19-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-19-2010

i wish i cud just quit but i depending on gettin back on selling with a good few accounts,i use to work a few months back for bout £60 a day working my arse off in a crappy warehouse,then when i came home i earnt that in just 2 sales :( so it makes me think i cud do well on ebay and be my own boss etc :( just wish they didnt make it so hard nowdays...even the 21 day hold is becoming a joke :( i just cant afford to live anymore so like u i might have to go back to a normal horrible job :(
deebee (10-19-2010)
Old 10-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayerukg View Post
i wish i cud just quit but i depending on gettin back on selling with a good few accounts,i use to work a few months back for bout £60 a day working my arse off in a crappy warehouse,then when i came home i earnt that in just 2 sales :( so it makes me think i cud do well on ebay and be my own boss etc :( just wish they didnt make it so hard nowdays...even the 21 day hold is becoming a joke :( i just cant afford to live anymore so like u i might have to go back to a normal horrible job :(

Hey..that's why I threw in flipping burgers! Honestly, it's EASY work. Simple tasks...NO stress...and a guaranteed paycheck. Most fast food joints are glad to have anyone over the age of 21 with an IQ of more than 40, so we would be highly valued..it isn't a career..but something to get us through these hard times!
Old 10-19-2010

i no what ur saying...its a bit different over here (uk) i couldnt see myself working in a burger joint lol i will feel wasted there...im only 24 but i have the business mind so i realy want to make it all happen and make my life and my familys life alot happier

i liked my last job in a warehouse but it went under (the boss was greedy) so it left me skint etc so i turned to ebay which i was doin well untill i had a few problems (unpaid item strikes) so that finished it off for me,i was in tears over it all untill i found this website/forum thanks to a few people on here i have started to pick my self up and start again

i had no1 to turn which is not nice , struggling at the age of 24

KEEP UR CHIN UP !!!!!!

Last edited by ebayerOG; 10-19-2010 at 12:23 PM.
deebee (10-19-2010)