eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   ebay live chat or do i just think too much? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/24087-ebay-live-chat-do-i-just-think-too-much.html)

FandangoKango 10-23-2010 06:06 PM

ebay live chat or do i just think too much?

is ebay live chat whenever you get a rep talking to like 10 different people at the same time or it's just me that thinks too much?

GreenBean 10-23-2010 06:15 PM

tbh, it would be beyond their IQ level to speak to more than one user at a time. :rolleyes:
Live Chat is a one on one talk. Why? There would be a danger of confusing details, breaching privacy so just you and them :ranger:

kris 10-23-2010 07:01 PM

I spoke with ebay chat about a week ago. The rep typed a relpy that made absolutely no sense to the conversation we were having. Then, his next reply was "I'm sorry, the last message was an error, not meant for you". He was chatting with another person at the same time as me, and inserted his comment into the wrong text box.

I used to do live chat support for a cell phone provider. We always chatted with 2 to 3 people at the same time. It was meant to keep down on the wait time to speak with a rep. It obviously doesnt work with eBay, as everytime I try to start a chat, I have to wait 45 minutes to connect to an agent.

GreenBean 10-23-2010 07:04 PM

Another lie from them then. I got told it was one on one. But then I try to avoid using live chat because of time & stupidity :tears:

holyhell 10-23-2010 09:06 PM

I tend to think that they are juggling as well. The times I have chatted with them, it has taken up to four minutes to tell me something which, I'm sure was right on the screen in front of them.

TGMT² 10-23-2010 09:29 PM

I personally think eBay live chat does have several people assigned to the same person at the same time. Sometimes it can take 5 minutes to answer a straight forward YES or NO question. :rolleyes:

Lately my experience with live chat has been a ABSOLUTE Waste of time with wait times exceeding 3 hours.

IMO the only thing they are good for are getting final value fees refunded when customers refuse to cancel a transaction.

FandangoKango 10-24-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris (Post 176585)
I spoke with ebay chat about a week ago. The rep typed a relpy that made absolutely no sense to the conversation we were having. Then, his next reply was "I'm sorry, the last message was an error, not meant for you". He was chatting with another person at the same time as me, and inserted his comment into the wrong text box.

I used to do live chat support for a cell phone provider. We always chatted with 2 to 3 people at the same time. It was meant to keep down on the wait time to speak with a rep. It obviously doesnt work with eBay, as everytime I try to start a chat, I have to wait 45 minutes to connect to an agent.

samething happens to me in every chat i talk with them.

1. they tell me 2-3 minutes when actually it becomes 5-10 minutes lol.

2. they send me some message that is not for me and say sorry that was an error which automatically tells me they are talking to somebody else at the same time.

3. they talk to so many people at the same time they don't give you correct answers 75% of the time.

Ebay was a complete joke with ebay live chat customer service! :juggle:

oompaloompa 10-24-2010 02:09 PM

literally last live chat i did I left it running and went out to shop, came back and i still had half an hour to wait, so I typed away, and got alot done before dumbass took another 20 minutes to sort out something simple

FandangoKango 10-25-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 176753)
literally last live chat i did I left it running and went out to shop, came back and i still had half an hour to wait, so I typed away, and got alot done before dumbass took another 20 minutes to sort out something simple

lol, i remember i took a bath, slept for like an hour, had some food and came back it was still on wait lol. haha