Ebay stock is falling.. All time low..lol - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-30-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Gotta love those Dutch folks. :D
Dutch, I didnt mean Dutch as in the people, I was using it as your name..AHAHAHA Slow MO
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Most have been you.. When was this?? Did you use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info? What were u selling???
Of course I used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. But I've used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info on paypal too and I've never been frozen that fast. I'll give them a second try but I don't have huge confidence in them.
Old 01-31-2008

Longevity: 96%

it's iraq war the problem, Bush needs to get a way as soon as possible
and stop the war to refresh the American economy
Old 01-31-2008

Longevity: 95%

not just iraq, its nearly everything the current administration does. dollar falling, stocks falling, people going bankrupt, housing bust, blah blah..unless you guys can elect a good president, its not going to get back up.
Old 01-31-2008

Ivegotinfo-- Your flag looks like Canada?
I have a friend from Montreal, who comes back and forth.. says
he likes to work in usa, then go back home sometimes.. He is a Party Person
(he says the Pres there he likes)
Old 01-31-2008

Longevity: 94%

You sure can make money when the stocks fall. I sell "short" more than I buy "long", especially in these conditions!
Old 02-01-2008

Also, Ebay's CEO Meg Whitman is stepping down at the end of March 08. Maybe there's some hidden problems we don't know about, but it's one of the reasons Ebay's stock has been declining, not to mention the amount of revenue they are losing due mostly to sellers upset with their high fees. More people quit Ebay then get banned from Ebay thats for sure.
Old 02-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Ebay is making more money than ever.
Old 02-01-2008

ebay go to hell
Old 02-04-2008

Stock might be falling however my sales are up up up! I love EBAY...LOL and this forum.
Old 02-05-2008

eBay's stock WAS falling. But on January 29th and on, it now is going back up.

Google Finance: eBay Inc.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-29-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2008

this is good news for us sellers but the question still remains?
Who is going to take the place of ebay?
and you all know the saying "money changes people"
is the new ebay going to do all the things ebay dose now?
Old 02-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

The question is moot because ebay would never disappear unless they somehow became enron.
Old 02-06-2008

Who is the new 'ebay'?? No one comes close to their level of buyers. So there is no competition at the moment. Just a bunch of 'here today and gone tomorrow' types!!! Whenever I check new auction sites they have like 400 registered users and they've been around 12+ months. That's a joke!
Old 02-06-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

^^^U got to start somewhere. You cant just come out and be on top
Old 07-18-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default Ebay's Share Price Falling And Unpopular Now

Henrietta
Jul 17 10:58 PM
My Website
EBay: Stock Swoons As Three Analysts Downgrade [view article]
Deteriorating consumer spending patterns are directly related to the eBay team's decision to declare war on small sellers. Small sellers were also big buyers, note past tense. eBay decided to go with Buy.com who pay no listing fees, and have a sales rate of about 3%. This replaced all the small sellers who paid plenty in listing fees and had sell through rates between 40 - 50%. Buyers who are not nearly as dim as eBay thinks they are find no bargains at Buy.com on eBay. A simple Google search for any Buy.com item will invariably produce a better bargain elsewhere, sometimes to the tune of several hundred dollars, try it.

I have never had a problem with PayPal but boycotting PayPal goes right along with boycotting eBay. Yes I do still offer it on my website. If my customers want to use it they can and I offer my customers choice, unlike eBay, but I prefer Google Checkout and encourage its use by giving discount coupons which pay for themselves because Google Checkout is free with AdWords.

eBay was a wonderful place once but any entity which confuses its customers, those who pay for service, with those who come to 'only a venue' to buy from their customers, deserves what it gets.

I sold my shares earlier this year and would advise anyone who still has them to dump them. They are non-productive, and the dance is over.
/Show more...

eBay's shares are down 11% in pre-market trading this morning to $24.98 on tepid guidance for Q3. It looks like Wall Street is finally seeing the real problems here and moving to other investments.

Rough day for eBay

As predicted after we heard about eBay's (EBAY) slowing of GMV growth, Wall St. has decided that eBay's turn around isn't going fast enough. The stock is down 13-15% today trading towards $24, a level that the stock has flirted with, but hasn't trade around since 2003.

The primary area of concern is GMV growth. Ex-FX, GMV grew at 4% y/y - Both US and Intl were 4% which represents a material deceleration from Q1. Ignoring all the positives of the Q, this one datapoint has sent the eBay bears on parade in a major way.
Some Bulls turn into Bears

A number of analysts came out Thursday lowering their ratings and/or price targers:

* Goldman Sachs (James Mitchell)- For the first time in 10yrs that I've followed eBay, GS downgraded eBay from 'Attractive' to 'Neutral'. James sums up the action: "The lesson from 2Q2008 GMV is eBay’s business is too large and complex to rapidly reinvigorate, especially in a challenging macro climate, causing consumers to trade down." Goldman calcs a $30 value for eBay.
* Merrill Lynch (Justin Post) - Down to Neutral. Justin was looking for more acceleration and it didn't pan out. He also sees a $30 value.
* TWP (Christa Quarles) - Christa has an interesting view. She says: "Essentially eBay has a “demo problem” in the type of buyer it attracts and shedding the “flea market” image is going to take more time than we originally anticipated
Old 07-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

That's what happens when you screw the people that support you...
Old 07-18-2008

It's funny how many people just don't get it. Powerseller after powerseller speaks and no-one listens. I too was a powerseller on ebay and no longer sell there. It is not a matter of them replacing us with new sellers. The bottom line is; they won't make money under the current e-bay set-up any more than we did.

It might take people a few months to come to this realization, but eventually they all do. E-bay is not a place to do business...if you're in it for the profit...and who isn't? So, that said, what is so hard to understand about the fact that e-bay is going to shrink and shrink until it becomes a non-factor. They have more enemies than friends. That alone will sink you in time. They have turned against the very people who made them. Those same people will destroy them. You only find out the strength of your allies when they turn on you. I was, like many, a person who endorsed ebay to everyone I knew. I am now working twice as hard to inform people of better and more friendly options. Do the math on this...there is no greater advertiser than face-to-face word of mouth. I and many other are determined to give them the same respect they gave us...no more no less.

There is absolutely no doubt ebay has been padding their listing and doctoring their books (that is an absolute proven fact). With that being a fact, and it is...doesn't it make you wonder how far the fraud goes? It's not the first time this type of thing has happened...why would everyone be so surprised to see another giant fall due to it's own greed and corruption?

They forgot the number one rule in business. Take care of your customers...guess what, the sellers were there customers. If you have nothing good to sell there will be no buyers. If you have only common items, then you may as well go to W-mart.

As soon as the "new" sellers (if they really exist in any numbers) realize they are not making money...poof! off to a different site they will go. The competing sites are growing larger everyday. They still know the value of each individual person who works on their site. It it truly only a matter of time before we see ebay fall. The writing is written clearly on the cracking wall...read it before someone sells you a piece of e-bay in an online aution -- on another site.

If you don't believe me up to this point...then try this: Punch in any search about e-bay that isn't complimentary towards them...see what you get. You will have to go back pages and pages before you will find anything about (say a huge boycott that is currently underway). You will see some information about a boycott from February that had little impact. Isn't that interesting, when you can't read a thread on e-bay that isn't loaded with boycotters. Many don't even call themselves boycotters anymore...as they have just moved on. I am one of those people. I now sell happily on another site, and am determined to have this site crush e-bay. That is the conviction e-bay and the investors don't seem to understand...but they will. I promise, they all will.

The media control and censorship of the truth is the only thing keeping ebay from collapsing quicker than it already is. It's underway and it's irreversible. Soon the only thing associated with selling and ebay will be the selling of their stock.
Old 07-18-2008

Yeah this was inevitable. If now more than ever its time to have alternatives. This would also be the perfect time for Google to make a move. Virtual drinks on me when that day comes.
Old 07-28-2008
Banned

Default Ebay stock nears 52 week low

Profits are up but sellers seemed pissed by the changes. Should I sell the few shares of Ebay I have left, or take a chance that they will turn it around?
Old 07-28-2008

I'd sell personally! BUT it's a gamrble what ever
Old 07-29-2008

The Fall of eBay
Email This Entry

MegWhitman.jpgeBay is going down.

The collapse of its stock price may be followed by the collapse of the entire company. Certainly a fire sale is in the offing.

I can say this with some certainty because eBay has bought itself an enormous political problem with Skype, a fight it can't win because of its diminishing goodwill.

Ross Armstrong was the first to Clue me in on this. He's a senior research analyst for Info-Tech in Canada, which just published a paper telling corporations in no uncertain terms to turn Skype off. It's insecure, it's like peer-to-peer, the report said.

It e-mailed Armstrong, and we had a nice virtual discussion about it. "Skype is now where IM was a few years ago; that is, a blossoming technology with tremendous potential, but with disclosed vulnerabilities that could pose a risk to the enterprise unless it is controlled, not just by technology, but also by policies and acceptable use," he wrote. " So why did eBay buy it? "I don't think eBay even knows..." he wrote back.

Even if Skype were problem free eBay would still face an enormous political battle to get it accepted. Foreign regulators are now working on technical solutions that prevent it from being used (along with peer-to-peer technolgies) and U.S. broadband operators are now demanding control of their networks in order to keep their customers from using it, too.

In fighting this political battle, however, eBay puts its whole company on the line, its entire reputation, and it must stand with people who are, on the whole, out of power. They may have moral and technological right on their side, but this is not the position you like your company in when you've just paid 60 times earnings for the ride. It's like paying for a ride on a cruise ship and suddenly finding yourself alongside the Somali pirates, told to man a gun.

Then we come to eBay's internal problems. Its market reputation has been suffering ever since it bought Paypal, frankly. Each time it allows the auction of something dicey it gets hammered, and each time it bans an auction, or someone is ripped-off in one, it gets hammered. The company just doesn't have enough cops on its internal beat to keep its users safe from one another.

For evidence, we come to eBay's latest ad campaign. Without trying to critique the "It" ads, which assert that whatever "it" is they have "it," let me cut to the chase and ask, "why is this trip necessary?" Amazon doesn't advertise. Google doesn't advertise. You advertise in order to gain new customers, Why is it doing that if it has a "natural monopoly," as MarketWatch claimed just last month.

Let's add it up. You've got a company facing increased churn, a steadily-declining public image, a political battle, and with a 60x stock to protect. I don't think George W. Bush has so many problems.