HELP when exactly does Ebay log IP? During registration or EVERY TIME? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default HELP when exactly does Ebay log IP? During registration or EVERY TIME?

Hi all, thanks for your input in advance. I've been suspended around 3 times this week, for "abusing Ebay" whatever that means! I've totally been wronged by Ebay. My first account was suspended probably b/c I make over $2000 a week and I was only 4-5 months old. I attempted to make 2 other accounts, sold $1200 each on the first week, and then this week got both suspended. I've actually figured out on my own how to get BACK on Ebay but I keep getting suspended, even though I've changed my entire identity. I don't know if it's:

1) Do I sell too much in the beginning? I make a new user name, list within 1-3 days of registration, sell 15 items a week, make over $1000-1500

2)During registration, creating a sellers account, changing my email etc I use a DIFFERENT IP (say I go to the coffee shop). However when I get home, I log in using my old suspended IP. IS this the cause of my suspension? I would be screwed! B/c I can't go to say the coffee shop for 8 hours a day, as Ebay is my only job!

Can experts help me out on the above? I don't know what is causing me to get suspended!

In addition, my newly created Ebay name that was suspended was for "Shill bidding" with my old suspended account, even though I NEVER shill bid. The only reason I think they were connected was b/c I used Outlook and didn't delete my old suspended users email account.

So, any input and advice guys? I called Charter and bought dial up but I can't connect using Dial up (have VOIP phone) and Charter says I can't change my IP. WHY?

Thank you so much!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Angry Thanks~!

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I am SO worried as Ebay is my only income, and pays my very expensive tuition.

What kind of internet is charter? - It's my ISP provider like Comcast

I know a few tricks to get your ip changed. - PLEASE SHARE!!! I can't receive payments as I'm too scared to log into my mom's Ebay account, which I am using right now. It's not suspended yet but I'm afraid it will be. It has 6 feedbacks and is 6 months old as my mom never used it. Do you think I can get her suspended if I sell 15 items a week out of the blue (which I did, but it's not suspended yet).

You can not sell that much the 1st week,or 30 days, start slow. - How much is a good amount? The type of things I am selling all go over $120-150 so I don't know how much I should sell.

How are you receiving your payments? - I am using Google Checkout, I use Sellers Pro then email my buyers to pay me. I tell them I have a merchant account and after the auction the will receive an invoice to pay. I HATE PAYPAL MORE THAN EBAY! Seriously, Paypal burned me so much!

Please help! Thank you!
Old 03-24-2007
Threadstarter  

So,does Ebay log my IP everytime or just when I register ? I heard that it's only when I register... (at least on Paypalsucks that's what they say)
Old 03-24-2007

From what I have seen during the last couple of weeks, it seems that ebay logs IP as soon as you log into your ac.

Take care,
Old 03-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks! I will try it right now. Also, I'm a girl but anyways - what do you mean more info on Google? I LOVE it, unlike Paypal it deposits money within 1-3 days. The customer support is AMAZING. They answered my emails within 30 min. of my asking them (I sent them 10 or so emails). My buyers do not have to register to pay me, and did I mention they won't limit your account for no reason?
Old 03-24-2007
Threadstarter  

you know, I used Ebay since I was 14 years old and had 10 accounts from that time to now, all suspended. I was NEVER doing anything illegal like selling bootlegs or shill bidding. First few times I got an "underage" thing then it was for Abusing Ebay.

The thing is, I always used the same IP to log in, I only used a different IP to create the username. Some usernames I've kept for as long as 6 months, and they still suspended me a powerseller status on each account. Hopefully if I can change my ip now I can actually keep one for over a year.
Old 03-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Thank you!
Old 03-24-2007
Threadstarter  

yes I did, and it still wouldn't change. I guess it's time to get dial up....

however I am quite suprised that I can stay for 6 months on a suspended ip...
Old 03-24-2007
Threadstarter  

you know a thought just came to me.

for all of my accounts that are suspended and some still active (just 3 still active) I started them from different ip, using coffee houses, etc but i still check them at home (log in)

i also check them at school locations, so wouldn't ebay suspend EVERY COLLEGE student's ebay account if they use the school's locations?

just a thought.. what about libraries?

if ebay does so, then that's really too much.

my college has 50,000 students, wouldn't that be impossible?
Old 03-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You'll definitely need to be able to change and use different IP address, if you continue to use the same one you will continue to be suspended fairly easy.

As for 'abusing eBay', it can be a number of different reasons why you get banned. It could be you're listing too fast within the first week or 30 days as grandmastr points out, and or your auctions descriptions and titles.

Questions: Do you use different auction descriptions and titles for your auctions each time you create an account, or do you use the same? If the same, then that could be an easy way to link your accounts as well.

Since you're becoming banned so fast within a short period of time, it seems like you're being linked by your ip address.

Read my guide, if you haven't already, it shows most ways eBay can catches you.

eBay Suspension Guide
Old 03-25-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmastr View Post
I recommend not posting your ip address on the internet, leave a few numbers out of it .

Delete sellers pro, they can track you through that from old cache files.

Did you change the routers mac address and reboot your modem?
hey, Grandmastr, what is up with sellers pro? Is it going to help ebay to find suspend user. I mean, why you are saying sellers pro is not good?
Old 03-25-2007

Quote:
if you have used sellers pro with a suspened account and using it again with a new account, you will be linked

make sure you delete it completely, all cache and temp files and reinstall it
GOt you. How is your new account so far, Grandmastr?
Old 03-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
My ebay accounts are fine, just having problems with paypal.
what kind of problems are you having, maybe we can help
Old 03-25-2007
Threadstarter  

why don't you just stop using Paypal? If you have a negative in your account they report you to credit b. and one of those collector people. If you have more than $1000 they will freeze you. You lose either ways.