To much misinformation on posts... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default To much misinformation on posts...

I would like to say that I believe that most people are good and most of us here on this forum have been screwed by paypal/ebay unjustifiably. I am not trying to assist people who are theiving others, but legitimate information should be available to those that have been screwed. That being said, I have read in posts about how ebay's/paypal's "buyer protection" "program" has been misused by thieves of buyers looking for freebies...and thus screwing us sellers out of OUR HARD EARNED money. Even if you have only been selling on ebay a few years, surely you have had the unpleasant experience of having this happen to you. Because IT DOES happen, not often, but DOES HAPPEN, I feel putting the right information out would help.

If a buyer places a not received as described dispute on you and is prompted by ebay/paypal to return the goods to you and if you receive an EMPTY package or item other than what you sent or a brick as it was in my case when it happened to me years ago, you have the option to not "pay back paypal/ebay".....that being said, you will then have to kiss that account good bye and start over.....if it is your legitimate real info then you can wait for the collection notice and send the collection agency a "prove this is my debt" letter in which case it will HAVE TO BE thrown out as legally paypal/ebay cannot dictate on a decision THEY made on YOUR money. Of course, take off the bank account/CC attached to that ebay/paypal account so they can not try and debit those charges. If it is stealth info and no legitimate info of yours or a person you know then let it go and move on.

An upside to the "newer" paypal buyer protection is that a buyer can only do this twice and the third time they are denied ALL protection OTHER than "not received" disputes. Paypal will no longer allow them to open not received as described disputes. So thankfully the number of people doing this HAS went down. Paypal tracks their thieving activity by the sellers response......If the buyer opens a not received as described dispute and you contact paypal letting them know that you received an empty package or whatever then paypal will note that on their end and their starts the count for that buyer.....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

True on your advice needhelpplease but remember that many times (well more so than not), these days it's a bit tough to auto-withdraw from Paypal - and worse, if you get the 21 day hold on it + dispute + bum return, then you won't even be able to access your funds.
Old 11-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%

True, I was writing that for more established sellers/accounts. If you have $400 sitting in paypal and a buyer puts a dispute for $500 then you lose that $400 anyway weather you walk away or not..........basically the point was in regards to paypal reporting it on you credit and letting people know that even if it is your real legitimate info that it is easy to fight as paypal has no legal leg to stand on nor any legal right to screw your credit as long as you know how to handle the situation.

Last edited by needhelpplease; 11-17-2010 at 12:37 PM.