eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Wow people still selling pictures of items! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/25193-wow-people-still-selling-pictures-items.html)

transitionfighter 11-21-2010 05:39 PM

Wow people still selling pictures of items!

Wow guys I havent seen this in awhile. I was looking at my competition on eBay. Never guess what I came across. Some eBay seller was selling like 60 cans on Similac Alimentum for $700 BIN. He had already sold 4 and had 3 left up. But when reading in his description. This is what it said,

You are buying pictures of Similac Alimentum. Not the actual cans. These pictures are printed off of my computer, and the pictures are from the internet! PICTURES ONLY!

This was the only thing in his description!

The listing in no longer up, I did not put a watch on it but I should have. How can someone really do that! He was accepting paypal as his only payment option to.

I cant believe some people!

Axcend 11-21-2010 05:45 PM

the real question is: Wow, are people still stupid enough to buy pictures of items on ebay?

Red X 11-21-2010 06:06 PM

This is why buyers need to read before they purchase items. I can't tell you how many times i listed auctions on ebay accepting PAYMATE, then afterwards they tell me that they no longer need the item due to me not accepting paypal..... *sigh*

Axcend 11-21-2010 06:20 PM

to tell the truth, I am pro-picture selling. Simply because it lets people know that they are just too ****ing stupid to be able to push buttons, and should stay well away from the internet, and any kind of thing that requires responsibility

123 11-21-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transitionfighter (Post 184261)
Wow guys I havent seen this in awhile. I was looking at my competition on eBay. Never guess what I came across. Some eBay seller was selling like 60 cans on Similac Alimentum for $700 BIN. He had already sold 4 and had 3 left up. But when reading in his description. This is what it said,

You are buying pictures of Similac Alimentum. Not the actual cans. These pictures are printed off of my computer, and the pictures are from the internet! PICTURES ONLY!

This was the only thing in his description!

The listing in no longer up, I did not put a watch on it but I should have. How can someone really do that! He was accepting paypal as his only payment option to.

I cant believe some people!

LMAO $700 printed picture off your computer, I can guarantee you though he didn't end up with any of that money. 100% disputes

Axcend 11-21-2010 06:26 PM

of course they will dispute, but the thing is he delivered EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED. what is there to dispute other than stupidity?

transitionfighter 11-21-2010 07:12 PM

You guys are all on the same boat I am. I swear I was speechless! Im sure that seller got away clean!

HowYaLivin 11-21-2010 07:15 PM

wow, lol that is funny

transitionfighter 11-21-2010 07:16 PM

Its like that seller I saw sellin a $500 gift card. Clear as day in the description in big bold letters. Only $75 left on the card! Bids were close to $500! Do you think the seller is going to warn the buyer?? No!

HowYaLivin 11-21-2010 07:26 PM

lmaaaaao loll

123 11-21-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axcend (Post 184269)
of course they will dispute, but the thing is he delivered EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED. what is there to dispute other than stupidity?

lol yep but ebay/paypal will still side with buyer, but still very funny that people fall for it

imjustme 11-21-2010 07:47 PM

It just shows that people don't read the auctions they buy. 80% of the questions I get is something I already wrote in the listing. People look at the picture and then they buy it. In this case, they do buy the actual picture.

:D

transitionfighter 11-21-2010 07:57 PM

Very good point. i could have sworn this was illegal.

Hrad 11-21-2010 08:18 PM

That is epic.

So true though that buyers don't read the listings. I was selling some stuff but I was going on vacation for a few days so I said I won't be able to ship right away in my listings. I wrote it in red, but not really big or special. If you read the listing you would see it though...WRONG. Nobody noticed, and bam I get some nice disputes already and people wondering what's up.

Next time around, right at the top of my listings in big red bold size 24 letters...DELAY IN SHIPPING.

Surprisingly enough, some people still didn't notice :P

transitionfighter 11-21-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrad (Post 184300)
That is epic.

So true though that buyers don't read the listings. I was selling some stuff but I was going on vacation for a few days so I said I won't be able to ship right away in my listings. I wrote it in red, but not really big or special. If you read the listing you would see it though...WRONG. Nobody noticed, and bam I get some nice disputes already and people wondering what's up.

Next time around, right at the top of my listings in big red bold size 24 letters...DELAY IN SHIPPING.

Surprisingly enough, some people still didn't notice :P

When I was an eBay seller outreach agent, I used to get complaints about that all the time! But the truth is buyers really dont read what they are buying! Until they get a pet rock named ROCKY in the mail instead of the ROCKY dvd collection!

jeffweico 11-21-2010 08:53 PM

This type of thing IS illegal. It is covered under most states' "Deceptive Business Practices" acts. PayPal will not allow this regardless of the wording in the auction ad. And no court will grant a judgment to the seller.

Many people have tried this. There are stories all over the internet. I'm sure some sellers got away with it back in the day, but not anymore. Hell, even Judge Judy weighed in on this:

Should people read the listings? Sure. But the fact that they do not read every single word does NOT give you a license to rip them off. It is ILLEGAL, it is IMMORAL, and it is just PLAIN WRONG! Sorry if I burst any bubbles.

write 11-21-2010 08:53 PM

maybe we should have like flashing 72 size print like those dinosaur sellers . Y0u know the ones with famous people then you scroll down 5 minutes later.....
you get to the print of the ad..
lol lame

123 11-21-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 184308)
This type of thing IS illegal. It is covered under most states' "Deceptive Business Practices" acts. PayPal will not allow this regardless of the wording in the auction ad. And no court will grant a judgment to the seller.

Many people have tried this. There are stories all over the internet. I'm sure some sellers got away with it back in the day, but not anymore. Hell, even Judge Judy weighed in on this:

YouTube - Judge Judy destroys an eBay scammer

Should people read the listings? Sure. But the fact that they do not read every single word does NOT give you a license to rip them off. It is ILLEGAL, it is IMMORAL, and it is just PLAIN WRONG! Sorry if I burst any bubbles.

LMAO thanks for posting this video,gave me a good laugh, judge judy is hilarious at times, was fun to watch... and wow she was really dumb in thinking she had a chance to win... :lol:

inthezone 11-21-2010 09:19 PM

OMG!!!! How could you do such a thing and still think it is ok?

jeffweico 11-21-2010 09:24 PM

Here is one more thought...

If you are fortunate enough to have been blessed with above average intelligence, why not use it to help people? Or at least use it to figure out how to make money without HURTING PEOPLE?

This may just be my opinion, but the people who try to pull this crap are really not smarter than anyone else. They just THINK they are.

Axcend 11-21-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 184322)
Here is one more thought...

If you are fortunate enough to have been blessed with above average intelligence, why not use it to help people? Or at least use it to figure out how to make money without HURTING PEOPLE?

This may just be my opinion, but the people who try to pull this crap are really not smarter than anyone else. They just THINK they are.

some people are beyond help. It's like the people who fall for the scam emails where they said the government is holding $10,000 of their taxes but they need $3,000 to pay for the fees to get it released. If you don't have plain common sense, then you really can't be helped. Hard enough to raise a child to have common sense, much less teach it to someone who already is set on their way of thinking.

Global overpopulation is definitely starting to shine through our societies.

MadSam 11-22-2010 07:49 PM

Out of interest did this guy have ANY feedback? I can't imagine anybody leaving anything but negative feedback after getting that.