Please advise- I have problem with buyer telling that the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Unhappy Please advise- I have problem with buyer telling that the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗!!!

Hi.I am new in this forum,but please do not ignore me and advise me what to do.
So...
I sold an item in ebay, but when receiveing it, the buyer send me a message that according to him it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I answer him, that I have it as a present and can not tell for sure is it 100 % genuine. But he wanted to return it.
I gave him 2 solutions- to return it or to send him a part refund. After 10 days he is writing me that he decided it to return it.
But I told him that it is no possible anymore......it pasts so many days, i can not be sure what is the condition of the item. And now he opens the case against me and my paypal account is with negative balance.
So what to do now? By the way now I am sure that the item is an original.
But if ebay decide the case in his favour, as far as i know they will take the money from my card. I don't want this to happen. Is there a posibility to close my ppl account or to remove the info for my bank accounts from there?
Please please advise and help me....
Will be very gratefull...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2011

If the buyer returns the product and provides a tracking number to ebay or paypal, then that money is gone forever. In my experience it doesn't matter what my return policy is--they have 45 days to open a case.
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodar View Post
So...
I sold an item in ebay, but when receiveing it, the buyer send me a message that according to him it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I answer him, that I have it as a present and can not tell for sure is it 100 % genuine. But he wanted to return it.
I gave him 2 solutions- to return it or to send him a part refund. After 10 days he is writing me that he decided it to return it.
But I told him that it is no possible anymore......it pasts so many days, i can not be sure what is the condition of the item. And now he opens the case against me and my paypal account is with negative balance.
So what to do now? By the way now I am sure that the item is an original.
But if ebay decide the case in his favour, as far as i know they will take the money from my card. I don't want this to happen. Is there a posibility to close my ppl account or to remove the info for my bank accounts from there?
Please please advise and help me....
Will be very gratefull...

accept the return, refund upon reciept, and relist the item. End of story.
Old 01-08-2011

its better off to get it back and refund his money otherwise ebay curse would apply on your account
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodar View Post
So...
My advice!!! Dont sell items that you can not be sure are real, authentic or whatever you want to call them.
Dont tell tales here either. I really do not think it was a present. I think you just said that to try us out too. Tell us what the item is if you expect to get good help.
If you have a buyer unhappy about something they got sold, then you should not play with them. Fix that which is wrong as soon as you can.
Old 01-08-2011

my friend gift it me patek philippe watch i will try to sell it on ebay next week
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroosir View Post
my friend gift it me patek philippe watch i will try to sell it on ebay next week
You might have trouble with that watch on your very new account. Did you know that? You have to be careful how you make the listing.

Can you go to the subscribers are and make a thread about this? You will get more help, kangaroo
kangaroosir (01-08-2011)
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

1st rule of ebay

Offer a full refund if someone wants to return an item ,if they want shipping Offer it too. Not worth a negative feedback in the grand scheme

If someone leaves a negative before contacting you, kindly write them and ask if a full refund and they keep the item, would be sufficient for them to remove the feedback.. believe it or not, most people will accept. i'm at about a 75% success rate
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-08-2011), kangaroosir (01-08-2011)
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

You guys are all right BUT she needs to specify a return policy in her listing. If it is 3 days, then its the buyers responsibility to get back to the seller within that timeframe and inquire about a refund. No matter if the item is real or ====.

This happened to me once. I sold an item and the buyer comes back 15 days later saying they want a refund. I laughed, yea right. My policy is 3 days. They opened a case with ebay and I won which I should. How can you expect to return something after 15 days? Electronics maybe yea but clothing is s different story. I know the buyer wore the item once and was finished with it and wants a return. I dont rent items, I sell them and that's what i stated in my case response! LoL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aking For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-08-2011), kangaroosir (01-08-2011)
Old 01-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
You guys are all right BUT she needs to specify a return policy in her listing. If it is 3 days, then its the buyers responsibility to get back to the seller within that timeframe and inquire about a refund. No matter if the item is real or ====.

This happened to me once. I sold an item and the buyer comes back 15 days later saying they want a refund. I laughed, yea right. My policy is 3 days. They opened a case with ebay and I won which I should. How can you expect to return something after 15 days? Electronics maybe yea but clothing is s different story. I know the buyer wore the item once and was finished with it and wants a return. I dont rent items, I sell them and that's what i stated in my case response! LoL
In most occasions you won't win maybe for clothing there a bit more lenient. But in most occasions seller can put whatever they want in there listing "Returns must be requested within 24 hours of receiving." But PayPal won't care, buyer can request refund 30 days later and you still will lose the claim. I've had plenty of experience with this kind of stuff when i first started selling on ebay.
Old 01-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post

thats interesting, on some of my listings I always stipulate returns must be with a certain time, but I never expected paypal or ebay ever listen to that, seriously?? ok I will try it next time, just out of curiousity...my default is to refund due to wanting buyer to be happy and not getting neg.
cherrqell (01-11-2011)