Chance to buy friends 3.5 year old eBay and PayPal.. Few questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Chance to buy friends 3.5 year old eBay and PayPal.. Few questions

I have the chance to buy a 3.5 year old eBay account (Sept 2007 with 8 positive feedback as a buyer only) ... I am not sure about the PayPal account at the moment. But I'm assuming it was used to just buy. I can score this account for less than what it cost to fill my gas tank (less than $50). My question is can I turn this aged account into a sellers account? He is also willing to let me use ALL his info if I need to create a new PayPal. Im starting to assume this is turning into a dumb question lol...

UPDATE: When he logs into paypal this comes up (see below) and then asks him to provide a full card number he used on paypal before that he no longer has.

Quote:
Your account has been randomly selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2011

Longevity: 80%

I may be wrong...but I'm 99% sure that he is logging into a phishing site.

A series of "identity verification" pages??

As I said I may be wrong, but if his card has expired, PP would know that!
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meVebay View Post

Hmm, I am honestly not sure. The card he used was just a prepaid and tossed it in the trash when it was depleted. I do have all the account info but I can only get a new IP every 2-6 hours, so I must wait before I try looking into anything. I am having second thoughts about this because I am not a massive eBay seller, rather just as a hobby and I would like to accept a lot of PayPal payments that are unrelated to eBay. I am pretty sure that I can't accept paypal payments without directing them to an invoice, is that correct?
Old 01-28-2011

Longevity: 80%

To accept PP of eBay, you would either invoice through PayPal or give the sender your PP email address and they can send the funds that way.

If your not a massive eBay seller, then ask yourself do you need his account?
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
To accept PP of eBay, you would either invoice through PayPal or give the sender your PP email address and they can send the funds that way.

If your not a massive eBay seller, then ask yourself do you need his account?
I was thinking the same, if I even need this account. Maybe this account is worth more to someone else. I am now the owner of the eBay account but I have not logged into it as I am having issues with my IP with FiOS.
Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Did you SEARCH here on the forum to read why we advise about NOT USING friend's accounts.

Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Search button don't work if you don't click it GreenBean - that's why ha
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-28-2011)
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:

It infact was NOT a phishing site.

Its asking for the full card number for one of the 3 prepaid cards that were used on the account. Other than that there are no options other than "Submit" or "Logout". I've come to conclusion this account is NOT for me. But nice to have in the draw.
Old 01-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

This is a 'type of idenitfy please' given that the account has maybe not been used for sometime.

The bots have a newish program in, that throws up ID the account because we want to make sure that the account is not hijacked & compromised.
Old 01-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
This is a 'type of idenitfy please' given that the account has maybe not been used for sometime.

The bots have a newish program in, that throws up ID the account because we want to make sure that the account is not hijacked & compromised.
Considering he has no issues with eBay and just that minor identity issue with PayPal right now, can he just create another PayPal account? The eBay account is linked to the PayPal that is being questioned. I would love to use this golden account that I am basically "renting", mind you the account is registered 2 towns over from me, so receiving packages is not an issue neither.