really really upset... eBay's ridiculous rules and mean sellers... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default really really upset... eBay's ridiculous rules and mean sellers...

I have put so much effort into the listings of each and every one of my items.. I sell vintage clothes and handmade vintage pieces...
Each of my item has at least 3-4 photos and present well.
Today, 10 of my listings have been removed because they were vintage swimsuits. This upset me so much.

They allow us to sell vintage items yet not vintage swimwear that have been cleaned? I have a feeling another seller may have been mean and reported me because it seems each of the removed item had a 'watcher'

Feeling really sad atm, that was hours of my work gone down the drain :>
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-31-2011

Longevity: 91%

Nadia, yes it is upsetting, but things like this happen all the time, so don't despair. I know how you feel..It is best to leave this account to cool off now for a while and maybe sell something else. I hope you have other stealth accounts so you are not tied to this one...

Maybe you should note in description that all was dry cleaned and maybe even show the cleaners tag next time.... ?Don't know much about selling swimwear rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Sorry to hear that you had some listings removed. I am not sure about swimsuits but I know they have rules in regards to the resale of underwear. It can not be used and has to be brand new. Swimsuits may fall into that category since they apply to the same region of a persons body. I would send Ebay a email and ask them if there are any special restrictions when listing used swimwear.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011
Threadstarter  

I dont have another stealth account... simply because I want to build the business based on my official website, so the seller account is actually in my website's name.

Do you think that will trigger issues later on? I dont sell any Vero items just simply vintage clothes I source.....
Old 02-01-2011

Longevity: 77%

I have one main seller account I've used for over 10 years. I have not made the jump to stealth yet although I do have one account aging. I know I need to do something to mitigate the risk of my income should something happen to my main account.

I've been limited, had many violations, and everything over the years but I have always stopped doing what I was doing and never had a problem. In my experience and from reading a lot here the problems come having multiple violations of the same type. In other words, you have problems if you keep doing what ebay tells you not to do.

If you go to my ebay, and click on "seller dashboard" under the account tab, you can see your Policy Compliance rating. You can also click on it and see the details of your violations and what the possible consequences are.

My advice would be to
--Find out exactly what ebay's policy is on used swimwear
--Continue to list these items only if you can be FULLY compliant. If you think other sellers are reporting you then be prepared to fight with ebay regarding the issues. That's why it is so important to be 100% in compliant so they are on your side.
--If you're not prepared for a fight, it is best to just cool off and not sell the swimwear for a few months.

A real account that has good feedback, has been aged, and has been through some limitations and violations is a good and strong account. There are still many horror stories though and you can lose your accounts even if you are playing by the rules. That's the reason behind going stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to fdafdafda For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (02-02-2011)
Old 02-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Ive bought a used swimwear item and Ive sold one too, and it didnt even say cleaned on listings, although obviously they got washed before use.

it must be against policy to not state they will be cleaned, I do not believe they wont allow vintage swimwear as a rule, and I agree it was reported....

state clearly in bold on listing that items will be cleaned before use.. but try and contact them first, to clear things up, thing is they are brain-dead, Ive done it before on similar issues and they dont budge sometimes...
NadiaLauren (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you very much every one for your suggestions and info. I will try asking EB first before relisting... because I really cannot afford to stuff it up with our business name being on the line....

Jaaa its rather sad re sellers reporting things... I think somebody may not like the way I have put so much effort into the listings.... :<*
Old 02-01-2011

Might be worth taking the reason code for the listing removal and trying a quick chat with eB's like chat? dont know what its like in yoir country but you should at least come out with some guidlines to move forward with this type of item.

Good luck anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucrative For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadiaLauren View Post
I dont have another stealth account... simply because I want to build the business based on my official website, so the seller account is actually in my website's name.

Do you think that will trigger issues later on? I dont sell any Vero items just simply vintage clothes I source.....
That's too bad.
Sorry for the visual but Ebay did allow people to sell used underwear in the Adult Section.
Totally different I know but it may be an option.
I've never bid or sold using a private auction but you may want to look into that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
That's too bad.
Sorry for the visual but Ebay did allow people to sell used underwear in the Adult Section.
Totally different I know but it may be an option.
I've never bid or sold using a private auction but you may want to look into that.
I did not know about the Adult Section... but also I will need to refrain from that as tempting as it sounds, only because I dont want some weird creepy dudes buying them.... :D

Could you please tell me more about the private auction? how does that work? I thought it just meant that people can't see who the buyer is or what the buyer bought but the listing can still be seen..?

thanks
Old 02-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Ive bought a used swimwear item and Ive sold one too, and it didnt even say cleaned on listings, although obviously they got washed before use.

it must be against policy to not state they will be cleaned, I do not believe they wont allow vintage swimwear as a rule, and I agree it was reported....

state clearly in bold on listing that items will be cleaned before use.. but try and contact them first, to clear things up, thing is they are brain-dead, Ive done it before on similar issues and they dont budge sometimes...
*sigh* vintage swimwear is waaay cool.. I listed alot of 70's and 80's and was about to list some 50's before this happened :(
One of my listing got sold right before the removals, and the lady left a most positive feedback in capitals! She loves them. So got no idea what the fuss is.

This is what my pinkslip said: MC036
Due to Hygiene concerns, used swimwear is not allowed on the site. Please do not relist this item.

In general, sellers are permitted to list used clothing, as long as the clothing has been thoroughly cleaned according to the manufacturer's instructions. Due to hygiene concerns, eBay does not permit the sale of used underwear, swimwear and certain athletic garments. This includes, but is not limited to:

- Boxer shorts
- Panties
- Briefs
- Lingerie
- Swimwear
- Leotards
- Athletic supporters
- Cloth diapers

Last edited by NadiaLauren; 02-02-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 02-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Why don't you watch a successful seller of these item's get away with it. I study the winners and emulate. If they sprinkle them in the mix or list one at a time per week....Maybe you can call them 'antique' or list them not for regular use or something.

I just entered 'vintage swimwear', 2894 listings. granted there's posters and other stuff but I see those sellers listing things in the 300's. You give up to fast!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
fdafdafda (02-03-2011), NadiaLauren (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Why don't you watch a successful seller of these item's get away with it. I study the winners and emulate. If they sprinkle them in the mix or list one at a time per week....Maybe you can call them 'antique' or list them not for regular use or something.

I just entered 'vintage swimwear', 2894 listings. granted there's posters and other stuff but I see those sellers listing things in the 300's. You give up to fast!
Yes good idea above.
I'd look for an appropriate "collectible" category and list them there. I'm sure a pair of George Washington's underwear would have a place on Ebay somewhere...I don't know if he was a swimmer though ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to lostsub For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011
Threadstarter  

I might try that at a later stage but great idea.
Now I have just been slapped with a "Trust and Safety limit selling/listing of $2500AUD" they gotta be serious? $2500 for a shop?
I wont be allow to list too many more now because all my listed items are close to $2300 already..

EB really are complete horrible peoples
Old 02-03-2011

You're doing something wrong if you keep running into problems. I would call them. Others may disagree but I call PP and EB about everything and keep in communication. (This is with my non-stealth account)
Old 02-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdafdafda View Post
You're doing something wrong if you keep running into problems. I would call them. Others may disagree but I call PP and EB about everything and keep in communication. (This is with my non-stealth account)
Yes I have...
1. Selling vintage bathers (not allowed, I didnt know this, usually it's OK I think as I have seen many sold them before, but obviously a nasty seller reported me)

2. Because my items are not expensive (ranging AUD 40-50 mid range) I have about 40 still listed and sold about 15 thats why..... I think.

3. I sold of these and only got 2 feedbacks so far (some are slack, some are overseas)

I am not sure what else to do. Everything else has been OK and I have withdrawn $ from PP 3 times now, all OK too.:>
Old 02-03-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
I did not know about the Adult Section... but also I will need to refrain from that as tempting as it sounds, only because I dont want some weird creepy dudes buying them.... :D

Could you please tell me more about the private auction? how does that work? I thought it just meant that people can't see who the buyer is or what the buyer bought but the listing can still be seen..?

thanks
My friends last private auction was December 10th 2010 so I checked that. Both our listings are public as far back as November 2010 so no doubt it doesn't show the Dec 10, 2010 listing because it is private (as it reads)

Right now when you have nothing listed appears a great time to change your user ID. Just a thought. Unless your competitors bought from you, then you can throw them off otherwise they can always locate you in their feedback. Changes of listing fonts, wording, etc.. to appear as a totally different Seller may be wise. They can compare active listings to sold items via the process of elimination to obtain stats of whether your bathing suits are selling. A very cumbersome process if you choose it to be. Listing items besides bathing suites (a racy magazine cover maybe) under private auctions would throw them off your scent maybe and list then in different categories you don't normally use. They can follow all your listings but essentially the private auction disappears upon it being won by the buyer and is replaced with the word private
It appears to me the most appropriate heading for your bathing suits under Collectibles is Advertising/Clothing and Accessories/ Other. Just my opinion if you want to check it out. Also I upload up to 12 pictures for free AND the main gallery image feature is free in Collectibles. Otherwise it costs 35 cents.

Hope you update us on how it plays out

Last edited by Melissa1971; 02-03-2011 at 02:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011

Did a bit of research and i think you will be good to go if you put on BIG BOLD letters something that goes like this:

For eBay: All the items i carry and sell here are cleaned before shipping. I am following all the requirements and steps that i have to do before selling the items. AGAIN all my items are cleaned before shipping.

Something along those lines. You can get more ideas if you type "well worn" a bunch of the auctions have something like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevilŽ For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Ebay sometimes won't even budge WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE IN THE WRONG. Happened to my real account before I came here.
Old 02-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
Ebay sometimes won't even budge WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE IN THE WRONG. Happened to my real account before I came here.
exactly.... and same here.
Old 02-04-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
I might try that at a later stage but great idea.
Now I have just been slapped with a "Trust and Safety limit selling/listing of $2500AUD" they gotta be serious? $2500 for a shop?
I wont be allow to list too many more now because all my listed items are close to $2300 already..

EB really are complete horrible peoples

You might try selling as a collectible under collectibles and put at the top of the listing in print greater than the rest of the other print that the item is not for use and is only being sold as a collectible.
The Following User Says Thank You to planes For This Useful Post:
NadiaLauren (02-04-2011)
Old 02-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by planes View Post
You might try selling as a collectible under collectibles and put at the top of the listing in print greater than the rest of the other print that the item is not for use and is only being sold as a collectible.
THANKS!! Sounds perfect