Buyer opened dispute - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Buyer opened dispute

Hi all,

I recently sold my iPhone 4 32gb ) on ebay uk. Received PayPal payment same day from him with an instant buy.

I shipped the iPhone to London, via next day delivery and tracking number to the seller. The same day the buyer received the item he sent me an email with the following message:

"I really disappoint of that phone you has sent to me. strongly i am not happy because i paid to i phone 4 32GB black but there is not what i have got today. this is wasn't in your description.Could you refuond my maney please. i will sent your fone back to your address right today. i looking forward to hear from you as soon as opssible thanks.The post i received is not same as blow described as you put on eBay

Salih"

He opened a eBay dispute and I responded to it, declining a full refund and claiming that the phone is exactly as described. I suspect this user is trying to get a free phone which is why I will not accept a refund or even worse send me an empty box.

Any ideas how how I should proceed and what eBay's decision will be?

Thanks.

Last edited by SaiJin; 02-19-2011 at 11:45 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2011

Longevity: 81%

Ok i saw the link and you have a stocked photo.
Thats the first mistake you did and he can some how have leverage over that.

Since you dont have any proof if the real "conditions" of the phone he can lie his way out of anything and since he has the buyers paypal protection plan

by the looks of it he will win the case.

Next best thing is settle for a partial refund unless you already escalated to ebay or he has.

If its in the conditions you stated it is.

Me as a buyer never EVER by things with stocked photo because you never know what you will receive .

As a seller you risk even more.
Tsk tsk shame on you
Old 02-19-2011
Threadstarter  

I bought stuff on ebay with stock photo before, and got what I bought. Ebay should not provide stock photos then if that were the case. Never thought I needed to put an actual photo of my iPhone to prove, what? That it is as described, that it works? I did not think it would make a difference. I could just as easily just found an image online taken by someone else. He does NOT state what the problem is. Further more, he emails claiming it is not as described but actually on eBay he has selected that the item is damaged. Well what is it, if eBay sides with him, then ebay is great place to get free stuff or at half price at least.

Last edited by buzzmart; 02-19-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2011

By the looks of it

he is trying to scam you -
Hints: emailing you off ebay's service , In ebay he says damaged item.

Ebay will side with him.
Id suggest you settle for a partial refund and let ebay see your customer service.

If he still is not happy then your out of luck and hopefully he doesnt send you an empty box with a confirmation number.

When listing things you should be exact on the things your selling with pictures ( real ) ones at least.

I dont know what else to say so you can get out of that one.
If you have the funds you can trasnfer them into your account.

Unlink the bank card. Cancel that account.
Make a new PP and Ebay

You keep your money but you take a loss on the previous ebay ID you had.
Will need to make everything new
The Following User Says Thank You to siccspitz For This Useful Post:
motorfinger (02-19-2011)
Old 02-19-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks buddy. Will keep this post updated.
Old 02-19-2011

Longevity: 78%

In a small country like the UK, I would be really tempted to just drive over to his place and ring his doorbell.
Old 02-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

In the UK confronting someone is a bit of a problem, despite it being very tempting. Although, considering the fact that an iPhone is a high value item I would probably confront the person if they attempted to scam me.

I do get a fair amount of people conning me out of £3-5 every week on the small items I sell. I can't be asked to risk my account arguing about it, so I just put it down to a loss.
Old 02-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
In a small country like the UK, I would be really tempted to just drive over to his place and ring his doorbell.
BEHAVE. I deleted your bravado. Silly things to say in open forum so dont repeat them again.

Look at the OP's flag. He is in Cyprus. That's an island in the Mediterrean Sea.
He could hardly drive there, could he?
Old 02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
BEHAVE.
Old 02-20-2011
MU

Longevity: 84%

I`m looking forward on the results
Old 02-21-2011
Threadstarter  

here is the buyers reply:

"will what i want is full refound or exchange item i paid to what was described in ebay. also its needs to active it and has been update that why iam not happy with it could you please refound me or replace thanks "

It is quite funny I must say. Basically, he is unhappy because it has latest firmware, which was clearly stated in the description, I am assuming he is unhappy he cannot software unlock it. Secondly, he is unhappy because phone is not activated. Well, no sh!t, I factory reset the phone, he just has to stick his original carrier sim card inside to activate it. Idiot?

I hope eBay sees his response and denies his request for a replacement or refund.
Old 02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmart View Post

I hope eBay sees his response and denies his request for a replacement or refund.
This will never happen. Depending on the age of the account, I would tell him an exchange is fine, let him send you back the phone and then just walk away and take the negative feedback.

Of course, that's assuming he doesn't send you an empty box, which he probably will.

Edit: I've heard that if you make a continuous video of you picking up the package, show the video camera all sides of the package and the tracking number, and then VIDEO TAPE YOU OPENING THE PACKAGE this can be sent in as "proof" to eBay that he sent you back an empty box. I don't sell high $ items so I've never had to do this, but in this instance I would.

Last edited by Omgoozle; 02-22-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
Depending on the age of the account, I would tell him an exchange is fine, let him send you back the phone and then just walk away and take the negative feedback.
Please dont do this.