Question about high volume sales and Stealth Accounts. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 132
Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (0)
Default Question about high volume sales and Stealth Accounts.

I've been around here for a couple of years and have burned through a couple of stealth accounts. Not from doing anything illegal but for poor performance due to drop shipping from overseas. Which I don't do anymore.

I am on my third stealth. I pretty much have my $hit together building accounts but am nervous about moving into high volume or high priced items.

Would anyone like to chime in if they are running over a 1000 per month or withdrawing over a G in one withdrawal from Paypal.

Does anyone use EIN's to open their Paypal and is it effective.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 02-25-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,003
Thanks: 223
Thanked 648 Times in 449 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (29)
Default

With new accounts you can't do more than $500 per month for the first 90 days after that I usually try to stick around 5k and withdraw $500 or less but have purchased alot more than that at 1 time with no problems.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
bronwyn (03-01-2011), OfficialGenius (02-25-2011), yellow0102 (06-30-2011)
  #3  
Old 02-25-2011
Imback2010's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 340
Thanks: 97
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

And it would be better to split your items among different ebay
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 132
Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Got it. thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-26-2011
stanislav's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,134
Thanks: 790
Thanked 188 Times in 136 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (2)
Default

BS! I have no issues with transferring 1500-2000 USD each time to my bank account using stealth account.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2011
MtnDew's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 454
Thanks: 133
Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (1)
Default

good for you stanislav...not recommended but if you have 2000 you want paypal to hold on to for you for 180 days continue doing that

all joking aside i am jealous just giving you a heads up
__________________
Money, It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,026
Thanks: 432
Thanked 102 Times in 70 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Let us know how it goes! Keep us updated.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2011
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,217
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Stanislav:

Jbluntz has given good advice here. The idea is to stay under their radar.

What triggers a PayPal review of your account depeends on many factors, including what type of item you are selling, the price of the items, and other things. Some of these things are known to us and some are not.

That does not mean that someone couldn't do $750 or even $2k without being reviewed.

It all depends on what your appetite for risk is.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2011
stanislav's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,134
Thanks: 790
Thanked 188 Times in 136 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Stanislav:

Jbluntz has given good advice here. The idea is to stay under their radar.

What triggers a PayPal review of your account depeends on many factors, including what type of item you are selling, the price of the items, and other things. Some of these things are known to us and some are not.

That does not mean that someone couldn't do $750 or even $2k without being reviewed.

It all depends on what your appetite for risk is.
No one knows for sure what could triggers Paypal review so to stay low doesn't mean it will never be triggered. It seems that nowadays if you are planning to sell for a long time on one particular account you should expect PayPal review. It's almost a given! After Paypal review things get better. So I would rather have my Paypal review right of the bat rather than somewhere down the road. I sell products at 400-500USD range and I never wait. I begin to sell almost immediately with zero feedbacks. And by the way those who think it's better to clean your Papal account right away because you are afraid of the 180 days freeze might be mistaken. Paypal likes the idea that you have some money on your account. This way they know that if something goes wrong like charge-back they can cover their losses. If you empty your account right away it only makes them worried and may put a red flag.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stanislav For This Useful Post:
colt63 (06-06-2011), gera229 (06-06-2011), iLOVEmoney (06-07-2011), nemo (07-01-2011), OfficialGenius (02-26-2011), smellybelly (06-30-2011), yellow0102 (06-30-2011)
  #10  
Old 02-26-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,026
Thanks: 432
Thanked 102 Times in 70 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
No one knows for sure what could triggers Paypal review so to stay low doesn't mean it will never be triggered. It seems that nowadays if you are planning to sell for a long time on one particular account you should expect PayPal review. It's almost a given! After Paypal review things get better. So I would rather have my Paypal review right of the bat rather than somewhere down the road. I sell products at 400-500USD range and I never wait. I begin to sell almost immediately with zero feedbacks. And by the way those who think it's better to clean your Papal account right away because you are afraid of the 180 days freeze might be mistaken. Paypal likes the idea that you have some money on your account. This way they know that if something goes wrong like charge-back they can cover their losses. If you empty your account right away it only makes them worried and may put a red flag.
That's impressive. You must be very fortunate, specially if they are all VERO items.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-26-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,003
Thanks: 223
Thanked 648 Times in 449 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (29)
Default

I never clean my acoount out right away I usually keep at least $500 in there and once I get another $500 I withdraw, why wait till you get $1500-$2000 when you can withdraw before that. I'd much rather make 4 withdrawels of $500 than 1 withdrawel of $2000 that way you have a better chance of getting more money in your pocket before you get limited.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-26-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (1)
Default

I've got about $350 in a stealth account and was thinking about taking about $200 out. It'dd be my 1st withdrawl you think that would fly?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-26-2011
MtnDew's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 454
Thanks: 133
Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (1)
Default

ya you should be fine...just try to make sure you have enough in there to cover a few of your sales. makes paypal happy in case of a case
__________________
Money, It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-27-2011
stanislav's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,134
Thanks: 790
Thanked 188 Times in 136 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
That's impressive. You must be very fortunate, specially if they are all VERO items.
Those are not VERO items.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stanislav For This Useful Post:
smellybelly (06-30-2011)
  #15  
Old 06-06-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 52
Thanks: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
Those are not VERO items.
Hey Stanislav. When you sell items does paypal or ebay ever ask you for proof of merchandise or whatever?
I see that you sell for about 5oo right when you make a stealth account, I have not experience it yet, but do you get limited quick?

Is electronics or mobile phones considered high risk? I have a few real apple iphones, so just wondering.
Thanks!

Last edited by gera229; 06-06-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-06-2011
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 69,413
Thanks: 5,507
Thanked 8,333 Times in 7,638 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Electronics and mobile phones are considered high risk - especially for new accounts. You will need proof of tracking and invoices at some point or other.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-06-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 264 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by planes View Post
I've been around here for a couple of years and have burned through a couple of stealth accounts. Not from doing anything illegal but for poor performance due to drop shipping from overseas. Which I don't do anymore.

I am on my third stealth. I pretty much have my $hit together building accounts but am nervous about moving into high volume or high priced items.

Would anyone like to chime in if they are running over a 1000 per month or withdrawing over a G in one withdrawal from Paypal.

Does anyone use EIN's to open their Paypal and is it effective.

I withdraw every penny pretty much every day or so. If I wait a couple days I withdraw over 1k and have never been called to verify this.

I have been doing this since the 1st dollar was released on those 21day holds. Just ship fast and they money is only held for a couple days.

I hear of all this hold stuff and them calling to verify withdrawals. There must be something to what they sell or the category becuase there are several people that do exactly what I do and then you have others that get calls every time they withdraw. Its not the money. it cant be.

Also, If paypal does care if you keep money in there, just in case. They will just put your account in a neg balance. I know they dont have problems doing that.

anyway, that is how I do it.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-30-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 46
Thanks: 10
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Interesting topic. I need to run a few hundred a day through paypal just to make ends meet. Would 100 a day be safe for a very new account stealth?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-30-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 266
Thanks: 54
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook View Post
Interesting topic. I need to run a few hundred a day through paypal just to make ends meet. Would 100 a day be safe for a very new account stealth?

That should be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-01-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

My question is what about taxes and the irs? What if i have multiple stealth accounts and among 2-3 accounts total generate over 20k just not on 1 account. Will irs look into it even though pp won't generate a tax form?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-02-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 132
Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephoid View Post
My question is what about taxes and the irs? What if i have multiple stealth accounts and among 2-3 accounts total generate over 20k just not on 1 account. Will irs look into it even though pp won't generate a tax form?

How about pay your taxes then you don't have to worry about it. There are enough good tax guys around that can make your bill owed very low.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to planes For This Useful Post:
KingRay (07-15-2011)
  #22  
Old 07-05-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (1)
Default

I sell video gaming items such as accessories new used and other electronics new and used and refurbished. Some items are under $10 and others are over $300. Average price would be around $50. Only looking to sell 1 item per day per account for the first month to 3 months. Am i guaranteed a nice pp review asking for all my invoices etc?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what software to use for high volume seller? relentless EBay Tools and Software 4 06-23-2013 10:07 PM
High Volume Stealth buydotcom Amazon 2 06-17-2010 10:57 PM
Passed the initial 30 day hold no problem. Chance of being hit again if high volume?? SoulStorm Amazon 4 12-28-2009 09:12 PM
High Dollar/High Volume Sellers - From Where Comes Your Profit? JackNoMore eBay Discussion! 17 07-25-2007 10:57 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58