i dont get ebay at all - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default i dont get ebay at all

thanks so much for everyone that helps at this forum. i found this as a result of being restricted on ebay and paypal. what i dont get is, why when you dont do anything against their tos do they restrict you? i mean NOW i found out i violated a TON of secret rules that got me banned. so here are some of the things i did wrong along with what i dont understand

1. I posted about 15-18 things a day on an account that was several years old but inactive. apparently a red flag was brought up because of strange new activity.

question: why don't they let you know that perhaps you are going to be of some concern BEFORE you post all the items. you know, maybe after you post your 5th item or something they say "thanks for submitting your item. ebay closely monitors all activity of sellers and we have noticed a sharp increase in your listings. please reduce the number....."

instead they let you know after the fact and you lose your several year old account

2. i had a lot of a perfectly acceptable electronics item that wasnt high risk. and i offered a second chance offer to every single bidder who went over $45 on the bid. this resulted in 20 or so offers a day

question: if they get all nervous about second chance offers, why offer them? or why not limit how many you can do? again i only find out this is bad AFTER i am suspended. stupid me thinking it was ok to do something you are allowed to do.

3. paypal doesnt like you taking out large amounts of money, or money too often.

question: why not? i understand about leaving in enough money to cover chargebacks. so i was always careful to leave money in my account to cover such cases. but i was withdrawing 500-1000 2 or 3 times a week for a couple weeks. again, stupid me. i thought paypal was kinda like a bank. since my account was verified and unlimited, i thought it was unlimited. instead i found out AFTER i am limited that i shouldnt have done that. i dont know, why dont they set limits then instead of letting you violate invisible rules? i could see walking into my bank and trying to make a withdrawal and them telling me i couldnt have my money because they were concerned i had made too many transactions this week! wtf? and not all this money was from ebay. i get paid for other things like fiverr in there.

i dont know, i guess i am not telling anyone anything new. i just wanted to vent. i had a perfect feedback score, finally found 2 items that are perfectly acceptable to sell that were making me BIG cash daily. my life was changing and now i am back to square one for no reason at all. just for violating rules that are not rules at all. ugh

Last edited by dakota5369; 03-20-2011 at 12:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dakota5369 For This Useful Post:
adventureman89 (03-22-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I hear you and understand exactly where you are coming from.

The most polite explanation is MONOPOLY. ebay/paypal have the niche market. We as sellers suffer.
How about when you speak to different staffers there & they each say something different? grrrrrr.

But you now have a big advantage. You belong to aspkin's forum. Therefore you have every chance of beating ebay/paypal.

What I suggest is a big rant about once a week for a month. Kick whoever you want to kick (not me of course ), get rid of the angst. Then sit down & plot to beat them.

I tell you, dakota, tis a grand feeling to know you are winning the game
Old 03-20-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks bean. i was dejected and then decided to find an alternative, which i found here. the positive is i know that i can succeed there once again. the negative is this will be like a job now! before i was just listing and collecting. now i have to get to work. oh well, it beats working for someone else. the Stealth Book was great. i am starting my other accounts tonight
The Following User Says Thank You to dakota5369 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Some advice to help you. When I started I was told this.

IF you are not sure about anything, and I really mean anything, post on the forum for assistance and dont damage a new account.

Far too often posters come & say I did xxxxx with my account & now I have problems.
Ask, talk and then do. Rather than do, ask,talk and repair or worse start again.
I wish you all the very best, dakota
dakota5369 (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Also, buy the Stealth Book. It WILL save you tons of trouble, and give you access to the VIP section with detailed one on one supports on subjects that are not allowed to be talked about in the public sections.
Old 03-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by .ISO View Post
Also, buy the Stealth Book. It WILL save you tons of trouble, and give you access to the VIP section with detailed one on one supports on subjects that are not allowed to be talked about in the public sections.
i did buy it, but thanks for reminding me about the vip section. i need to go check that out

@bean- thanks for the advice. trust me i will ask for sure. making new accounts doesnt seem like something i will enjoy too much

EDIT- it says i must be subscribed to look at those threads. i thought i was? i got the book through doing an offer, but i read that was ok. any info on this would be helpful
Old 03-20-2011

Longevity: 81%

Hey,

To get subscribed to the vip section you have to forward your license key or the purchase info to proctor aspkin...lol

I still havent done it... I have the book. I just wish i would have found the forum first..!
Old 03-20-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks. i just figured that out a few minutes ago
Old 03-21-2011

Longevity: 77%

Another thing that's really stupid about Egay. If you have a new account, they give you a VER O strike 10 minutes after you make a listing. The listing didn't even go public and no VER O owner reported it. I don't care if you remove my listing but why give me a strike? And what pissed me off the most, the item was not even a knoc koff.

I'm sure it's happened to many of us here as well. Just venting my steam as well. Thanks.