for new sellers and low dsr in APRIL - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-16-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default for new sellers and low dsr in APRIL

ellen8811 wrote:
It doesn't say when the funds will be released. Is it when the buyer leaves feedback? Or when the delivery confirmation shows item has been "delivered."

Hello ellen8811,

Hello. Thanks for your question. If you’re affected by this update, here’s a few more details on how it works.

In most cases, the funds from each payment will be available in 21 days or sooner, depending on how you ship the item. Buyer feedback won’t affect the availability of funds. As is the case with any payment, if the buyer reports a problem (like an eBay Buyer protection case or PayPal claim), it may take longer to get funds.

To help get access to funds faster, you can take one of the following steps:

• If you print your shipping labels through eBay or PayPal, funds will be available 3 days after we can confirm delivery.

• If you don’t print your shipping labels through eBay or PayPal, you can manually enter tracking information from UPS, USPS or FedEx and funds will also be available 3 days after we can confirm delivery.

• If you mark the item as “shipped” in my eBay, funds are available 7 days after the latest estimated delivery date

• If you ship the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, funds are available after 21 days

Thank you so much!

Rakesh Chabra
Senior Product Manager
North America Business

the part in bold isnt so bad b/c you can mark anything as shipped. so its gay but not as gay as it could be
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevesokol21 For This Useful Post:
IDK (03-17-2011), Omgoozle (03-20-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2011
Threadstarter  

also...

I wonder since they are promoting free shipping will you get increased visibility like best match? otherwise its a joke, the person searching will just click on someone else's cheaper listing with the shipping cost on the item page.. so it would be a joke because people wouldnt even be getting to your listing because your prices are higher on the search page (but you are offering free shipping)

I am not a top rated seller so my items dont show up near the top of search pages and if they willnt with free shipping this whole ideal seems like a big joke!!

I think a few weeks ago they might have been doing a test on the search pages.. I noticed you shipping costs were showing up in searches under your item title???

Hi creek_side_manuals,

Free shipping is one of the factors taken into consideration in best match so your item with free shipping should get better visibility.

I hope this helps answer your question.
Old 03-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

What exactly is the point of this thread?? All of the information you posted in your initial thread isn't anything new. That has been the policy for quite some time now.

Ebay has been pushing for sellers to offer free shipping for quite some time now. With the new rules taking affect in July they are going to start charging the final value fees based on the sale price and shipping charges that people pass along. Why not just factor in the shipping cost into your product and then offer free shipping?

I would edit your second post and take out your Ebay user name.
Old 03-16-2011
Threadstarter  

well the stuff i posted were questions that i had that were popular ones. i figured if people wanted to know them i would just post the answers to them here.

i personally have to problem with the shipping thing since my shipping is $1/2
The Following User Says Thank You to stevesokol21 For This Useful Post:
bballaw1 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011

Longevity: 76%

Well I for one thank you for posting.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

My point was if you had use the search feature you would have already found about 20 threads on this topic already.
Old 03-17-2011

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Maybe I've been sleep, (or just not in need of new info) But I had no idea about this. Good post OP!

Just one thing... I'm not gay, I neither like or hate them. They are just people, like you and me. What I don't like is when someone uses the word "gay" as a negative. I know it's just your way of saying ebay sucks balls but you never know who you could be offending bro. I've been seeing a lot of this around the forums as of late. Hopefully someone will clean these posts up a bit.

Last edited by IDK; 03-17-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
Maybe I've been sleep, (or just not in need of new info) But I had no idea about this. Good post OP!

Just one thing... I'm not gay, I neither like or hate them. They are just people, like you and me. What I don't like is when someone uses the word "gay" as a negative. I know it's just your way of saying ebay sucks balls but you never know who you could be offending bro. I've been seeing a lot of this around the forums as of late. Hopefully someone will clean these posts up a bit.

+1