DSR changes, April, Doomsday? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%
Default DSR changes, April, Doomsday?

Hi

Just wondered if there are other people here that are not looking forward to April and the start of spring time like they should!

I'm fairly new to selling on Ebay, and I have to say I ignored my seller dashboard for a long time, then I started getting restrictions and noticed my dispatch time is 4.31 (5.28% 1s and 2s).

Now i'm pretty scared as Ebay is now my sole source of income, am I likely to get kicked off Ebay with a score like this?, if so perhaps I should start creating another Ebay profile now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

Yes start a new one today using the exact same details only with a different email address. Link your new ebay account to the same Paypal account. Add this new email to your Paypal account.

If you have any restrictions at present, your listings will be further down in best match.
Old 03-13-2010

I ignored my dsr's also but i found that i just sold quite a few very low value items to balance out the dsr's that month sometimes i would be breaking even but keeping up my dsr rating or start a new acc and just keep one step ahead but very low value items are good for dsr's
Old 03-13-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bode View Post
Yes start a new one today using the exact same details only with a different email address. Link your new ebay account to the same Paypal account. Add this new email to your Paypal account.

If you have any restrictions at present, your listings will be further down in best match.
what's the point of starting a new ebay account with same info?
Old 03-13-2010

It's an extra 'free' account without having to set up a new account with new user accounts and bank details etc.

When you get a vero hit or a drop in DSRs you swap over to the 2nd account.

2 for 1
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bode View Post
It's an extra 'free' account without having to set up a new account with new user accounts and bank details etc.

When you get a vero hit or a drop in DSRs you swap over to the 2nd account.

2 for 1
Ok so I have a another Ebay acccount that I haven't really used. So if I start using this other account with Paypal, won't Ebay find out?

If I add a new email address to my Paypal account, shall I stop using my old Ebay account and just use the new one?

Sorry for my ignorance, just want to make sure I get it right
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Wrong Thread sasasasa, this one is about ebay April DSR changes.

Do a search in the top box to find answers specific to your question, (there will be a load of them)
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Re: the April DSR changes.

Now it will become a buyers market even more, and the way I will be changing the way I do things to co-inside with these changes will be to go even further to ensure transactions complete satificatorily by liasing and resolving any issues with ebay buyers.

Now some will disagree with this methodology as others on this forum believe stealth accounts are not anything that will last in the long term and you can easily move on.

While I also respect this opinion and viewpoint, I do believe that if you put in more effort with a stealth account and you avoid problems and issues before they have a chance to escalate (ie through ebay and Paypal dispute consoles reolution centre) then the life expectancy of your stealth accounts will be longer.

For that reason it is worth it in my opinion to be as professional as possible as though you are selling in an ebay account for the long term, even though your selling can be cut short at any moment with any of a large number of restrictions and limitations.

And Aprils changes will see tens of thousands of ebay sellers at the very least resticted and at the very worst suspended.
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Wrong Thread sasasasa, this one is about ebay April DSR changes.

Do a search in the top box to find answers specific to your question, (there will be a load of them)
Wrong thread? I started the thread, just want to know about adding another Ebay account to my Paypal account, can't find any information about it
Old 03-14-2010

Longevity: 88%

On my primary account, I sell a very low priced, but quick to create and ship, item to keep my DSR's up. It works.
Old 03-14-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasasa View Post
Wrong thread? I started the thread, just want to know about adding another Ebay account to my Paypal account, can't find any information about it
Hi Sasasasa!

Yes it is your thread...:D LOL

But we try to keep the threads topic related. Just start another thread regarding "adding another Ebay account to my Paypal account" and we will help you out.

Deal?
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
Hi Sasasasa!

Yes it is your thread...:D LOL

But we try to keep the threads topic related. Just start another thread regarding "adding another Ebay account to my Paypal account" and we will help you out.

Deal?
Ok but that's kind of wierd, someone gives me a solution to my DSR problem, and I try to clarify what I need to do, but then by asking I have somehow changed the subject and I must post somewhere else. What's the harm in someone answering the question here?.

Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGoodEnuff View Post
On my primary account, I sell a very low priced, but quick to create and ship, item to keep my DSR's up. It works.
Yep I thought about doing that, but there is only two weeks left till april and I wopuld have to sell of a lot between now and then to get my percentage down to 2%.
Old 03-14-2010
Administrator

Quote:
What's the harm in someone answering the question here?
You're right, I didn't see that you were responding to Bode's solution.

Quote:
Ok so I have a another Ebay account that I haven't really used. So if I start using this other account with Paypal, won't Ebay find out?

If I add a new email address to my Paypal account, shall I stop using my old Ebay account and just use the new one?

Sorry for my ignorance, just want to make sure I get it right
What Bode is saying...is just make a new eBay account with the same details tied to the same PayPal account and go from there if you are worried about repercussions from your primary account.
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You're right, I didn't see that you were responding to Bode's solution.

What Bode is saying...is just make a new eBay account with the same details tied to the same PayPal account and go from there if you are worried about repercussions from your primary account.
Ok are Ebay likely to find out that I have two accounts?, my competitors will be sure to notice even if Ebay don't, and report me!

Last edited by sax4; 03-14-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2010
Administrator

No Worries, its allowed.

Check out this post for more info...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...html#post74952
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No Worries, its allowed.

Check out this post for more info...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...html#post74952
Ok thanks for answer, questions regarding link though.

Do you know exactly what an 'Ebay account going down' means?, does that mean that your account is removed from Ebay or you are suspended.

Secondly, I don't understand this 'If your Paypal gets limited be ready to lose both eBay accounts.'. I have had my Paypal account limited before, without losing my Ebay account.
Old 03-15-2010

Yes you can use your other account but it is advised that your address details all match up and you have linked your ebay account to your Paypal.

As I already mentioned, it is a chance to start fresh again with shiny new DSRs without having to go through the whole process of registering with brand new information.

The only downside, is that if you get an ebay not a registered user suspension , you lose both ebay accounts...no big deal.

As for your second question above, it is hard to answer unless knowing what happened exactly.

Bottom line is if your DSRs drop below the standard, move over to ebay account 2 and link that with Paypal. Have never done this more than once, but you may be able to do a 3rd and possibly more.

If Paypal get nastly with you and introduce temporary limitations leading to 180 day limits. Ditch all those related accounts and start from scratch with new bank account details/ credit cards cookies etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to bode For This Useful Post:
sax4 (03-16-2010)
Old 03-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default ..

Ok thanks for all your help, I want to get this done as ap. So just to recap, I need to link my other Ebay account to my existing Paypal account changing no details apart from email address, is that correct?.