Old Ebay account safe? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Old Ebay account safe?

In Feb 2008 I created an ebay account, which got forgotten about, and I opened another. Since getting limited on ebay I racked my brain trying to remember the user ID, which I remembered, but I no longer have access to the email account associated with it. I also don't have the phone number that was used on the account - nor leave at the address associated with it. It is a pretty unique name - it is part of my email on another ebay account which got suspended in September 2010. My questions are:

1) Is it too risky to use this account - it is all actual information except - my last name, address and phone number have all changed.

2) what are the chances of them linking the unique email of s*****b@msn.com and the user id of the same name s*****b?

3) I am sure that this is a 0 feedback buyer account so I would have to upgrade to a sellers account, but am afraid it would be pulled pretty quickly.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

The only benefit I can think of having this account compared to just starting a new stealth account is if a customer seen you had been on eBay for 3 years as opposed to just last week. :D

Quote:
chances of them linking the unique email of s*****b@msn.com and the user id of the same name s*****b?
Why take a chance, go Stealth, do you simply just want the account for the reason I mentioned above? Their is a good chance that if it got that close that they would match this email to the suspended account if they have used the same unique name.

They wouldn't just suspend you for that but it may certainly add to their case. If someone got to reviewing the two accounts then they might just decide to press the big fat red button entitled 'Suspend'

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-10-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-10-2011
Threadstarter  

ShadyOne,

I was thinking that maybe ebay wouldn't give me such a hard time since I had been a member for 3 years. I am just so mad that I have been limited by ebay to 38 new listings a month (i have a store with 125 items in it). I already made an stealth account, but haven't listed anything on it yet - i am fraidy cat.
Old 04-10-2011

Quote:
I was thinking that maybe ebay wouldn't give me such a hard time since I had been a member for 3 years
This would only really ever possibly apply on eBay these days if you had a seller account for 3 years, not just a buyer account, and had been an amazing seller with high amounts of positive feedback and no violations etc

^Does not apply when eBay are considering suspending your account if they noticed it linked to a suspended account. They just click 'suspend'...thats it!

Quote:
I am just so mad that I have been limited by ebay to 38 new listings a month (i have a store with 125 items in it)
Modern day eBay! Almost all stealth users are all in the same boat. How old is this account that has been limited? Is it stealth?

Quote:
I already made an stealth account, but haven't listed anything on it yet - i am fraidy cat
Scared that it may get linked to your suspended account? You should really start listing small items and raising your seller feedback and transactions. If it is going to get suspended for being linked, it is out of your control, get selling on it as you will have to soon or later.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-10-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-10-2011
Threadstarter  

ShadyOne,

Thanks for helping me thru this...frustrating ebay stuff..

The account that is currently being limited has been open since 2007. It is not stealth, and is limited right now due to poor dsr ratings - mostly it falls on shipping time.

I am mostly scared that they will find out it is a stealth account...I am not good at lying. You are right I need to start selling slowly....although it is tough for me to do since the urge to jump in and list 25 items at once is there.

As for having multiple stealth accounts, is it wise to have two stealth accounts with matching name, etc linked to one paypal? I could do this and have a total of 4 accounts - 2 in each of one name. My concern on that is if one gets limited to 10 items a month will the other that is linked to that same paypal have the same fate?

This all so new to me I have been reading the forum and the book over and over trying to learn all I can before I make some big mistakes on the stealth accounts.
Old 04-10-2011

Quote:
imited right now due to poor dsr ratings - mostly it falls on shipping time.
Shipping time is not really something you could really control most of the time and this one happens to us all so I empathize with you on the low DSR's, this does happen to a lot of us stealth and noneStealth eBayers!

Quote:
I am mostly scared that they will find out it is a stealth account...I am not good at lying
Yep again, some people don't like going from selling as themselves to selling as someone else real or not, it seems illegal but don't worry because you know what happens IF they find your account is linked to a suspended account or you cannot provide verification at some stage...they suspend you, thats all! Then its move on and new account time!

Just use this stealth account to experiment, with the mind set of not caring if they catch you because you can learn from it and move on.

Quote:
As for having multiple stealth accounts, is it wise to have two stealth accounts with matching name, etc linked to one paypal?
Yes it is fine, but just be aware that once one goes it is obvious that the other will follow. Maybe not always straight away but it will sometime. This is a great way of getting past the limits. SO DO IT!

Quote:
My concern on that is if one gets limited to 10 items a month will the other that is linked to that same paypal have the same fate?
Not likely. It is based on account performance, if one is not doing so good and the other is ok, they will only limit one.

Best advice to over come limits is to raise seller feedback and transactions as your DSR will improve a lot and limits will be removed. Do this with the accounts from the start and your accounts will already be in excellent standing for when you start selling your real money makers

Quote:
This all so new to me I have been reading the forum and the book over and over trying to learn all I can before I make some big mistakes on the stealth accounts.
Same here, a week for me, I have computer background so that helps a little, the biggest factor is that I learnt a lot about eBay after getting suspended.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-10-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for all of your help and advice, Shadyone. You've made think about things in a different light...much appreciated and needed.
Old 04-11-2011

Quote:
Thank you for all of your help and advice, Shadyone. You've made think about things in a different light...much appreciated and needed.
No problem, good look on your new challenge and adventure :D , just remember that this forum is always here for your stealth Q&A's or any other questions at that!