ebay is the most unfair to the sellers..we have no chance! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-29-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default ebay is the most unfair to the sellers..we have no chance!

Just venting a little bit about how hard it is ti be on ebay..stealth or no...
agree with me or no?

also....ebay makes it so hard for sellers..you wonder how ebay still exists! why?
ebay is unfair to the sellers.
1. all the fees...how are we supposed to stay on ebay and' respect' their rules when they charge for every little thing?
2. when an item is sold, sellers pay total value fee of item and shipping??
3. vero thing...come on! all items are someones brand
4. ebay buyer protection! good luck selling on item on ebay and hope a buyer doesnt decide to keep the product and your money
5.the limits //90days to sell more than 10 items
6. the scrutiny of giving them personal info to just sell stuff. yes there are scammers, but its the buyer who should be educated before going on ebay to purchase something that looks suspect
7. if a buyer doesnt pay, we cant do much but open an unpaid item strike....
this is crap..you wont get your money, you cant leave a buyer negative feedback..and they can leave u negative feedback on such a transaction
8. unsold item history...you can only keep items unsold for 60 items in your 'my ebay' which means in order for you to not lose the info, you have to keep re listing,if it doesnt sell. buyers are allowed to view their purchase history for 3 YEARS!!!!!
9. Almost manditory to upload tracking info. so if from one purchase...i pay the seller's fee, paypal fees,shipping and then add tracking info...what do i make in the end on my $5 items!

im sure there is more and will post them..but really, youll make money selling on ebay, but they make you jump through hoops as a seller
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-29-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Come on man!

Just adapt and play the game if you want to sell one eBay.

Nobody is forcing you. I agree that a lot of their policies/procedures are frustrating but I just know that I have to accept them. They are a private company and I must follow their rules.

Even then though, they don't have me on my hands and knees.
Old 05-29-2011
Threadstarter  

your right shady1! iagree with you..but you have to admit..they are super strict@
! ill follow the rules...and i only sell if i have too...but they make it unfair!
Old 05-29-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^ Yeah, just like everyone, they get to me and frustrate me a lot.

I think the best approach is to understand their policies best you can and work with them.
Old 05-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

We ALL agree with your comments as everyone has to deal with them. Stop selling on there and open a brick an mortar store and see how fast you go back to ebay.

Its how it is, If they go out of business then what are you going to do.

There are so many Pros too that we can list but its just a lost cause like listing the cons. Unless you have something better then its how it is.

enjoy it now because the fees, etc arent going anywhere but up in the years to come. They sure arent going down.

If 5-10yrs if ebay is still alive, you will be reminiscing on how awesome ebay was back then (today), lol..
Gman91189 (05-29-2011), GrannyT (05-30-2011), Sell4more2 (05-30-2011), TGMT² (05-29-2011)
Old 05-29-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
If 5-10yrs if ebay is still alive, you will be reminiscing on how awesome ebay was back then (today), lol..
Great Point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000chevyman View Post
Just venting a little bit about how hard it is to be on ebay..stealth or no...
I don't agree, I have been using the same 3 linked Stealth Accounts that I made almost 3 years ago when I joined this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (05-30-2011)
Old 05-29-2011

Activity: 1%

Its always frustrating in the beginning.. but im sure pros over here like greenbean and the mods and ppl who STARTED this Stealth Book, im pretty sure they could open a ebay account in their sleep..
Its a whole lotta fees your rite about that, but like stated above, go head and try to open a Ma n Pa shop down your block and see how long YOU'LL be alive.
They charge alot of fees because 1. there's no other auctioning website out there as even CLOSE to the traffic that ebay gets..
2. They charge you because they know you're not going anywhere be real. Thats why a bottle of water at a amusement park is 5 dollars compared to the .99 Water bottle on Walmart if you REALLY want your money you're going to stay here with ebay.

You're def not forced to sell on ebay..
time after time ppl try to open up their own little "ebay like" sites... but never comes close to like ebay.
Technally compared to ALOT of sites ebay is relatively cheap
Get what you can out of ebay now, While you still can
Old 05-30-2011

What Shady said.

ebay is fascists online selling market monopoly.

All the sheeple flock to ebay while ignoring other auction sites, for the simple fact that they know they can easily scam sellers if they so wish with the help of ebay and or paypal.

Where else could one get a refund on a 100 dollar item and get to keep it for free?

I love buying on ebay, but selling is great until you get screwed. ebay needs to wake up to itself. Punish the scammers not the innocent.
Old 05-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Mix up your salefronts and spread your sales.