package is in custom,buyer asked for refund - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-24-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Exclamation package is in custom,buyer asked for refund

I sold a big package of clothing to a buyer in France dropshipping from china, package was shipping on July 19 via EMS with tracking and delivery confirmation. the package arrived at France on July 21 and handed to custom on the same date, buyer opened pp dispute right away asking for full refund. he emailed me that the package was seized by custom and going be destroyed. then i asked him who told him it's going to be destroyed, he didn't say anything about this. i told him to contact custom to do clearance by himself because sometimes custom just want to charge some tax. i told him to be patient to wait couple of more days, and even told him that i'm going to cover part of the import tax him, he escalated it to a claim now.

he threatened me with negative feedback but haven't left it yet cuz i told him that i'm willing to help since the beginning. he asked for immediate refund, but i dont have the option now because it is a claim now. the thing is if i refunded him now, then he receives the package later, i'm gonna lose both money and item.

really not sure what i should do now. do i just wait for pp to make the final decision?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2011

Longevity: 76%

drop shipping = death of account
Old 07-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I had a similar deal like this happen a while back. I ended up letting it go where he won the claim but since you can appeal it I did. Then they just checked the tracking then and it was delivered. Once they saw that then the money was reversed back to me. What sucks is you can still get a neg but in my case the buyer understood that I was being truthful the whole time saying I did ship fast and on time.

Stay cool the whole time and maybe the buyer will take it easy on you. Bad situation when buyers have no patience at all.
Old 07-25-2011
Threadstarter  

this guy has no patience at all. he said he's going to pay tax, so he wants the money back now! looks like he's going to use the money to cover the tax. now he still asked me to send money back right away, but i told him that when he escalated it to a claim "grant a full refund" option is not available there any more, the thing is the guy doesn't speak or understand english well. just worried that he will give me a neg before pp makes the final decision.
Old 07-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

So take the negative and reply to it ...People get negatives on ebay..It happens..Make him wait now since he was in such a rush to file a claim ..You might as well drag it out since he is being such a pri--..It's not like it's a negative screaming "⊗⊗⊗⊗!!" OR anything like that. If you have record of him threatening you with negative feedback you can use that in your favor if he in fact does leave you a negative..Ebay has removed negatives on my acct when buyers threaten to for one reason or another
Old 07-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpizzl View Post
So take the negative and reply to it ...People get negatives on ebay..It happens..Make him wait now since he was in such a rush to file a claim ..You might as well drag it out since he is being such a pri--..It's not like it's a negative screaming "⊗⊗⊗⊗!!" OR anything like that. If you have record of him threatening you with negative feedback you can use that in your favor if he in fact does leave you a negative..Ebay has removed negatives on my acct when buyers threaten to for one reason or another
thank you! i told him couple of times that i don't have the option to issue refund since the dispute is now a claim, this guy just can't wait. he sent me another eb message to threaten me to refund him by tomorrow or negative feedback.