Can't refund buyer..Can only refund from bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Can't refund buyer..Can only refund from bank account

Hello everyone,

I need some help..

I sold an expensive $9,000 item...Received the funds succesfully and available for use..Then account was placed on limited two days later..The $9,000 was placed on reserve..

They need the following:

tracking/shipping confirmation
supplier Information
resolve issue with another linked account (my brothers)

Bottom line, I only sold this item because I needed the funds ASAP, now I no longer want to proceed with this transaction and just simply want to refund the buyer..But when I click the refund button, my only option for funding is my linked bank account, which I have zero dollars, obviously as I never took the $9K..The $9,000 is still on reserve/pending, I just simply want to give this buyer his $9K back, but it won't let me..

Now does the buyer need to do a dispute and if he wins the dispute and or claim, will paypal eventually use the funds that he originally sent, since I don't have and will not have any funds in my bank account..

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Last edited by starvela; 08-10-2010 at 12:16 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sure thing - this has happened to me before but not same amount. You have 2 options.

You call up Paypal, talk your way through the limitation thing, say Yes I will do it shortly but right now I would like to refund the buyer. Make a little chat and they will do it.

Or yes, you tell your buyer to put his dispute/claim in and Paypal will refund him. Don't let him do the dispute via eBay though. It gets the same result but takes longer.
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Sure thing - this has happened to me before but not same amount. You have 2 options.

You call up Paypal, talk your way through the limitation thing, say Yes I will do it shortly but right now I would like to refund the buyer. Make a little chat and they will do it.

Or yes, you tell your buyer to put his dispute/claim in and Paypal will refund him. Don't let him do the dispute via eBay though. It gets the same result but takes longer.
Thanks so much for your response...A few questions..Does the buyer have to wait for the seven day grace period first, or can he start the process right away..?

Also, when buyer submits his dispute or claim, do I just ignore all the messages I'll be getting, that way buyer will win this dispute/claim asap..

Will paypal try to take it from my linked account first even though as previously mentioned the funds that he sent are in the paypal account but are on reserve...?

Thanks again for your time..
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

No he doesnt have to wait for 7 days.

Don't ignore the messages - respond saying buyer and you agreed to cancel transaction with FULL refund granted.

Paypal will take it from wherever the funds are - you have 9k in reserve in your paypal? It will go from there - do you have OTHER sales pending too? or do you owe money elsewhere? All that will be factored in.
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No he doesnt have to wait for 7 days.

Don't ignore the messages - respond saying buyer and you agreed to cancel transaction with FULL refund granted.

Paypal will take it from wherever the funds are - you have 9k in reserve in your paypal? It will go from there - do you have OTHER sales pending too? or do you owe money elsewhere? All that will be factored in.
I have no other sales pending, and the $9K he sent is in the account but on reserve...There is a 2 year old -$2,000 balance to the other paypal account I was linked to, which was brother's account...
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

$2k negative balance in brother's account? More details are coming out now - this could be a bit dangerous but issued the refund.
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
$2k negative balance in brother's account? More details are coming out now - this could be a bit dangerous but issued the refund.
Why dangerous...? This may affect the buyer getting the refund..? This really was my brother's account, we just had the same shipping address and IP address...I used my social and he used his social..
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Paypal wont care about right or wrong. Him or you. If they want their 2k, they will take it

Get buyer to do a chargeback immediately. Do the refund and hope for the best. You cant use a paypal account linked to one that owes 2 grand.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

pod has clarified what I had meant. I was getting some of the afternoon sleepiness so sorry for lack of clarity.

You can justify all you need to us starvela but paypal doesnt look at things like that. Link accounts with money owing means BAD NEWS.
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

I have been using this account for over a year now and never had any problems, I guess the big amount triggered a red flag in the account..But you guys are correct, it doesn't matter how I try to justify it..

I just want to refund the money the buyer sent me..I hope everything works out...

Thanks to everyone for your time...
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

No problem starvela - it should work out ok for the buyer. Don't be afraid to call Paypal and have it refunded ASAP.

It won't lift the limitation but that's another affair. All the best.
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

One last question, should the buyer proceed with a chargeback or just start dispute/claim..or it doesn't matter...
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No problem starvela - it should work out ok for the buyer. Don't be afraid to call Paypal and have it refunded ASAP.

It won't lift the limitation but that's another affair. All the best.
Thanks a lot, all that's important for me right now is that everything works out with the buyer..