listing with variations wieght cost - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default listing with variations wieght cost

Does anyone know how to individually list an item using the variations weight? if there is such a thing.

What i have are items that range is different sizes, which means differnt wieghts.

This is mainly international sales that i am concerned about because i offer free shipping to all U.S.

Alot of my sales are international

i set my variations for colors and sizes...sizes(which determines the weight)

SIZE--A-4oz B-6oz C-8oz D-10oz ect..ect

If i sell a small item that wieghs 4 oz and cost 3.00 to ship to australia, and i have the same item in a larger size that weighs 2 lbs, the package is not only heavier, but much larger, so the shipping is 8.50

I can only find one place to set my international shipping cost and its for one set amount. I sell a small item that weighs 4 oz, i ain't gonna get many sales with a 8.50 shipping cost. And i ain't gonna keep profits up if i sell a 2 lb item with a 3.00 shipping cost that auctually cost 8.50.

I like using the variations but for certain items, i just dont see it working for me on some.

It's kinda hard to explain, so if someone wants to help, i can explain it more if i can.

Any idea's?

Thanks

I found someone else with the same problem that just might of explained it better than i did,,,,,,,,,,

We love the new variation listings, but could eBay PLEASE add weight to variations? We sell apparel, and weight is a very important factor particularly to international buyers where shipping is calculated by the ounce. Right now we're forced to use the weight of the heaviest item as the default weight for all items in a listing. It's costing us international sales even though we include a message in our listings advising international buyers to email us for a quote instead of using the shipping calculator.

Last edited by Cashew; 11-25-2011 at 08:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2011

Longevity: 73%

I might got in incorrect, but if not, one possibility may be to make some more shipping methods with different prices, so that the buyer could choose the right price according to the weight. in this case you would have to make a notice of this. anotjer way is you can change the delivery price manually and send the corrected invoice to the buyer.
Old 11-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by durdajan View Post
I might got in incorrect, but if not, one possibility may be to make some more shipping methods with different prices, so that the buyer could choose the right price according to the weight. in this case you would have to make a notice of this. anotjer way is you can change the delivery price manually and send the corrected invoice to the buyer.

Ya, i could suggest in the description that international sales must wait for me to adjust the invoice to the proper shipping amount.

I dunno how that will go over tho, i want to know the cost, including the shipping when i purchase, not after.

I think the customer wants to purchase their items with as little as hassle as needed. when they have to ask questions or wait for you to adjust invoices, or whatever, It will chase some away. But, of course you have that particular customer that sends you six messages explaining their life. :D

I've decided that i will just list the different sizes in different listings for now until i figure out something better. Its only .20 a listing and it does give more exposure of my items, which is a good thing.

IF EB would give the option in the variations for the shipping weight per item, i think that would cover it for the shipping costs. example..small 4oz medium 8oz large 14oz jumbo 20oz ect ect.. then when the customer clicked on the size they wanted, it would not only show them the cost but also show the correct amount that they will pay for shipping, then they can continue with the final purchase...sounds simple...
Old 11-26-2011

Longevity: 73%

this is the best alternative I guess))