Does eBay prefer US account over international accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Does eBay prefer US account over international accounts?

I was wondering if eBay gives higher priority (better customer service, higher rank in best match, account benefits etc) to US accounts more than to international accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2012

Longevity: 75%

There is as far as I am aware no evidence to suggest that
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
bansheezone (08-28-2012)
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Agree with GrannyT.

No evidence I have ever come across to suggest this.

Old 08-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Ok and if I start an eBay Stealth account in my country but use a US drop shipper to sell items to US only will it put me on the radar? like I am in Israel and the item ships from USA to USA (I am the middleman and I never see the product but just forward orders to my drop shipper)
Old 08-26-2012

Israel account and list on .com - cannot see why not.

I have a UK account that lists on .com with no problems though it does state the items are in the UK. Not sure how they will react to an Israel account with items in USA
Old 08-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Um I think I got an idea

Instead of a stealth account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info what if I go to the ministry of interior and slightly change my first and last name, then get a legit bank account and credit card with that name, get a new SIM card, and a P.O. Box at the local post office as the address, and instead of buying a VPN with a **** load of banned IP's I'll just call my ISP and ask them for a new IP (I have a Static IP that changes every 6 months)

Is it going to work?
Old 08-26-2012
Threadstarter  

And also before I start listing I'll hire a freelance English teacher for 1-2 hours and have her talk to them on the phone and explain that I am sitting on a multi million dollar manufacturer and then they give me a 1000 items limit?
Old 08-26-2012

Sounds fine. Try it and see.
Old 08-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Sounds fine. Try it and see.
I sure will but I'm wondering what if they ask for my government ID after I've changed the name but not the number then will they compare my ID number with their database to see if it finds a match? Because they already have my ID number from the documents I sent them for my suspended account
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Now you are going to fantasy land again.

Hiring someone to speak English just to get you a high amount of items is not going to work.

Do not ask this forum to enable impractical ideas.

Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

And also before I start listing I'll hire a freelance English teacher for 1-2 hours and have her talk to them on the phone and explain that I am sitting on a multi million dollar manufacturer and then they give me a 1000 items limit?
Doubt it, very unlikely.
Old 08-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Doubt it, very unlikely.
I'm afraid that they will barely understand what I say on the phone because of my foreign accent and I don't speak English as well as I write

I can write well but my speaking is very poor

But a native American will be able to explain things I'll never be able to explain at least not on the phone
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

No, they will NOT LISTEN.

They are like you. ebay will NOT LISTEN.

Calling them like that, with your proposal will not work.

You need much more work on this plan

Old 08-26-2012

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via MSN to ZoonVoo Send a message via Yahoo to ZoonVoo Send a message via Skype™ to ZoonVoo

if you think this plan this work, many others will do it...the only way to increase your selling limit is to give Ebay a strong reason to trust you with higher selling limits.
Old 08-26-2012

I think I'm beginning to understand the OP a little bit.

OP we all know what you are trying to achieve. We have all given you the benefit of our experience. The problem is for you, you do not want to hear what we have to say.

The bottom line here is that unless you are prepared to spend the right amount of money to enable you to APPEAR as you want Ebay to see you anything you come up with to get these higher selling limits is doomed to failure.

Here's what you can do that MIGHT get you where you want to be.

1 - Open a substantial Bricks & Mortar Store
2 - Build a website - all bells and whistles
3 - Add Paypal
4 - Add another processor

At that point you can contact Ebay and say "Look at me - I'm substantial - can I play in your playground"

Why do you believe that Ebay will listen to any explanation from you regarding your products and business? Anything you have to say has been said to them before and proved to be as much value as the horse manure we give away at the farm gate

They threw you off - that has to tell you something about your business structure.

You need to rethink your whole business strategy, possibly your product lines as well, because you are not going to get the listings that you want on Ebay without a substantial risky investment.

I told you in your other thread how it could be done but it appears you are incapable of thinking outside the box and that ability is what you need to culture
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-26-2012), jeffweico (08-26-2012), SUVE (08-26-2012), yotano211 (08-27-2012)
Old 08-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
I think I'm beginning to understand the OP a little bit.

OP we all know what you are trying to achieve. We have all given you the benefit of our experience. The problem is for you, you do not want to hear what we have to say.

The bottom line here is that unless you are prepared to spend the right amount of money to enable you to APPEAR as you want Ebay to see you anything you come up with to get these higher selling limits is doomed to failure.

Here's what you can do that MIGHT get you where you want to be.

1 - Open a substantial Bricks & Mortar Store
2 - Build a website - all bells and whistles
3 - Add Paypal
4 - Add another processor

At that point you can contact Ebay and say "Look at me - I'm substantial - can I play in your playground"

Why do you believe that Ebay will listen to any explanation from you regarding your products and business? Anything you have to say has been said to them before and proved to be as much value as the horse manure we give away at the farm gate

They threw you off - that has to tell you something about your business structure.

You need to rethink your whole business strategy, possibly your product lines as well, because you are not going to get the listings that you want on Ebay without a substantial risky investment.

I told you in your other thread how it could be done but it appears you are incapable of thinking outside the box and that ability is what you need to culture
By Bricks & Mortar store do you mean a Frooition store? It starts at $1000 for an "advanced" store and $2000 for a Top Seller store

Create a website just to impress eBay? Do you know the amount of time and money I will need to put into it? It's not by the hundreds but thousands
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

i think this 'seller' person is just playing everyone here
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Oh, you poor thing.......

There is a saying in English..... you can not have your cake and eat it.

If you want to go big on ebay, you have to work, spend money.

You have to do it the correct way. Not the cheap way.

Are you too arrogant to understand you need to start at the bottom and work up to a better level?
Old 08-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Oh, you poor thing.......

There is a saying in English..... you can not have your cake and eat it.

If you want to go big on ebay, you have to work, spend money.

You have to do it the correct way. Not the cheap way.

Are you too arrogant to understand you need to start at the bottom and work up to a better level?
I have worked so hard on my store and they suspended

I am already in loss of nearly $200 from eBay and from sales of items that I offered with free shipping

I don't want to find myself in a situation where I only spend money because so far I haven't really seen any profit
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Your own arrogance, your own stupidity made ebay suspend you.

Simple fact is you are not capable of using ebay.

99% of the sellers here have worked themselves into the ground to rebuild accounts.

Thank heavens I have never had to listen to them whine like you do.

Old 08-26-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseller View Post
Um I think I got an idea

Instead of a stealth account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info what if I go to the ministry of interior and slightly change my first and last name, then get a legit bank account and credit card with that name, get a new SIM card, and a P.O. Box at the local post office as the address, and instead of buying a VPN with a **** load of banned IP's I'll just call my ISP and ask them for a new IP (I have a Static IP that changes every 6 months)

Is it going to work?
That seems excessive just to go "legitimately" stealth. Why bother going through all of that? It would be far easier to just supply the documents as and when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseller View Post
I have worked so hard on my store and they suspended

I am already in loss of nearly $200 from eBay and from sales of items that I offered with free shipping

I don't want to find myself in a situation where I only spend money because so far I haven't really seen any profit
You have to spend money to make money. That is a fact that you will have to accept.

Last edited by Elijah; 08-26-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

For eBay to allow you to sell in the volumes you want, you will have to convince them that you are not a risk.

And, generally speaking, a seller outside the USA using a drop-shipper inside the USA to make USA sales is VERY risky. Dropshipping is the first problem and the fact that you are outside the USA compounds it.

There is ONE WAY I can see this working. Call eBay's office in Israel and explain to them what you want to do. You mentioned elsewhere that you were working directly with the manufacturer - maybe they will vouch for you. If you can convince eBay that the manufacturer is standing behind you, then there IS A CHANCE - albeit a small one they will allow it. Even then, you can expect a rolling reserve on your PayPal funds.

But you MUST be honest with them from the start! If they suspect ANYTHING is not 100% Kosher, they will not want to do busines with you.

Be prepared to answer the following types of questions:

1) Being in Israel, how will you handle customer service issues? Let's say a package has gone missing... Can you call the carrier, resolve the problem and communicate that to your customer?

2) Do you have any working capital in reserve? You cannot operate this under the plan of getting the money from PayPal to pay the manufacturer BEFORE the customer's items are sent.

3) Please tell us about your previous business experience. Especially relevant would be any previous experience selling or operating in the USA, any e-commerce experience, etc.

Last edited by jeffweico; 08-26-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Closed Thread