eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay evaluation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/50909-ebay-evaluation.html)

Hockey12 09-17-2012 11:14 PM

eBay evaluation

I have a red flag beside shipping and handling charges but everything else is green checkmark and it said some how I qualified this month for power seller? It says status until 18oct.. I thought I would lose it? But my dashboard for top rated hasn't moved yet and it says I'm at risk too for the shipping charges.. Will I keep my top rated then?

rsot 09-18-2012 04:50 AM

You probably will survive for about 30-45 days before a ban sets in. Why do you have red flag next to shipping charges?

igotsuspended 09-18-2012 04:58 AM

Buyers found they paid for shipping too much.

rsot 09-18-2012 06:36 AM

Hmm then OP needs to drop shipping price - simple solution.

GreenBean 09-18-2012 06:46 AM

Which was addressed ad nauseam

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...dsr-stars.html

:pop2:

Hockey12 09-18-2012 07:06 AM

What do you mean a ban sets in?? It makes no sense why suspending a seller because of low shipping and handling charges? What business closes down because of that? Haha what a joke..

People bid on my items and see the shipping. I'm trying to improve it so much by offering free shipping!

My question is why I'm stil powerseller with an evaluation with a little fog beside shipping charges?

Ebayorbust 09-18-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey12 (Post 377570)
What do you mean a ban sets in?? It makes no sense why suspending a seller because of low shipping and handling charges? What business closes down because of that? Haha what a joke..

People bid on my items and see the shipping. I'm trying to improve it so much by offering free shipping!

My question is why I'm stil powerseller with an evaluation with a little fog beside shipping charges?

Your powerseller status is at risk. If that DSR doesnt improve this month then you will lose PS status.

igotsuspended 09-18-2012 11:51 AM

They sometime looked at shipping cost vs total price they would pay.
Once they receive the item, they would figure out how much did you actual pay and give you a proper rating.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey12 (Post 377570)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

baloch 09-18-2012 12:39 PM

nothing you can do but talk to the buyer and solve the issue.

slim jim 09-18-2012 03:39 PM

ALWAYS use the option to HIDE postage amount. Then they have no clue. The only time you can not hide the amount is when shipping international.

SUVE 09-19-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim jim (Post 377654)
ALWAYS use the option to HIDE postage amount. Then they have no clue. The only time you can not hide the amount is when shipping international.

I would have thought that the postal cost rate is frank marked/printed on the package stampage ???

slim jim 09-19-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 377893)
I would have thought that the postal cost rate is frank marked/printed on the package stampage ???

if you buy it through paypal(i believe hidden automatically) or online then you have the option to 'hide postage', when i offer free shipping i unhide it so the customer will HOPEFULLY appreciate the order a little more

MM78 09-19-2012 05:59 PM

@hockey12, were you overcharging a lot over the actual postage cost?

Hockey12 09-19-2012 11:09 PM

No. I was actually charging less....... Also lost my powerseller status today... Probably going below standard again.. I don't understand how a business get penalized for shipping charges... But eBay said I can appeal my status if it does.. Representative told me that?

MM78 09-19-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey12 (Post 377970)
No. I was actually charging less....... Also lost my powerseller status today... Probably going below standard again.. I don't understand how a business get penalized for shipping charges... But eBay said I can appeal my status if it does.. Representative told me that?

I guess just go with free shipping so you always get 5 stars.

slapped 09-19-2012 11:32 PM

Well it is OBVIOUS that more than one of your buyers thought that your shipping was high,,,It takes MORE than 1 buyer giving you a "1 or 2" on that DSR to cause a problem,,Now I do Know that there are buyers out there who just Push any ol rating when they fill in the DSR form,,,but that is pretty rare

As for the account, Id Say 1 more Ding on those DSR's, and your GONE.

On your other thread you said that you were offering Free Shipping on your listings,,was that ANOTHER account that was also suffering from Low DRS???,,,Because on this thread you are saying that you CHARGE for shipping, and that its LOWER than the ACTUAL shipping Cost (Which Makes NO Sense to me, why not just offer Free Shipping??) are we talking about 2 Different accounts with the Same Problem??

My Advice to you is the SAME, Offer FREE SHIPPING and Upload tracking Numbers within 24 HRS, that AUTOMATICALLY takes care of 2 DSR's (Shipping & handleing Charges + Shipping time) Now all that leaves is Communication and Description,,,SIMPLE, answer Messages within 24 hrs, and create an HONEST Listing as I described it in your other thread.

The days of getting away with selling "Snake Oil" are LONG GONE,,,as you are in Danger of being if you do not change your selling practices on Ebay,,,

slim jim 09-19-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

No. I was actually charging less.......

that doesn't sound right. 19 people out to get you?

Hockey12 09-19-2012 11:49 PM

Ok I'll keep using free shipping but would it be bad if I use calculated shipping? Is it appeal able as what an eBay representative said?

slapped 09-20-2012 12:18 AM

How could a DSR Rating POSSIBLY be Appealable?,,,It is NOT a Sanction,,,its a RATING,,,If you can Get your customers to Change their rating, then your status will Change,,,VERY SIMPLE,,,,Im not sure what Ebay rep told you it is Appealable, but its incorrect advice I assure you,,,I think your problem is trying to figure out which of your buyers gave you the Low DSR,,Unlike feedback, It is pretty tough to figure out if you have an fast selling account,,,

As for Calculated shipping,,,Man, forget it,,Buyers are getting used to an "All Inclusive" Price,,the VAST Majority of Sellers do it,,,I get Buyers who complain when they are charged Sales Taxes when they are located in my Home State,,,I would NOT even Consider Charging for Shipping,,

igotsuspended 09-20-2012 12:52 AM

You can request buyer to revise feedback, but not DSR.
Today, you can offer free shipping for slowest services and charge for faster services.
By doing this way, you wont be charge fee for shipping if buyer pay for it.
However, I am not sure if we can get 5 stars for shipping cost automatically.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

GreenBean 09-20-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Appeal your power seller status?

Did you get that in writing? :juggle:

Your chosen business plan got you to where you are right now.

Read back over what you did.

Reported a buyer because of a low DSR on the grounds that was the right thing to do.

Allowed your account to DROP BELOW defined standards by ebay because you imagined you knew better.

Why are you still worrying about charges for shipping when the same damn company AUTOMATICALLY gives you top marks for free shipping?
Have we a break-down in the circuit somewhere, somehow? :pout:

It was suggested to you to do certain things in the thread started around 9/5/2012.
Suggestion was to be pro-active to do the HARD WORK to start the actions to save the account. You did free shipping, too little too late but went on moaning about the silliness of ebay.

Do you truly think ebay rates you with your approach to selling?:amen:

rsot 09-20-2012 05:10 AM

/quote

How could a DSR Rating POSSIBLY be Appealable

That made me laugh slapped - good one