Can I get a negative feedback after a refund? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-11-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Can I get a negative feedback after a refund?

In other thread, someone was saying a buyer cannot neg a seller if there is a no-pay dispute since there is no payment. I am woundering if it also applies to a refund. I have issued a refund to a customer who had buyer's remorse. Now I am scared she might give me a negative even though I am refunding her even the shipping cost. Can she neg me ?

Old 06-11-2008

Longevity: 94%

No, you can still receive negative feedback if you've refunded. Or, just as bad, neutral. A lot of sellers leave neutral along the lines of "out of stock (or) fault, but received a refund".
Old 06-11-2008

Longevity: 95%

Yes, agreed, They can still lv u a neg...
Old 11-04-2008

I have a a-hole buyer who waited for the non paying dispute before paying, THEN rips me a new one saying "oh you're gonna ruin my reputation over $8?" "why not a reminder first?".
well, in reality i have my invoice set on automated AND i manually sent invoices (no payment).
i politely tell her i meant no harm, that ebay requires us seller to go through the motions in order to get our fees refunded, she pays, then replies, "send your stuff so i can throw your bad karma item out when i get it"
anyways, id rather not deal with this crap, so i refunded the money, if she leaves a negeative, can i close out the dispute to remove the FB? the listing is showing as not paid since i refunded? or can i close it out and strike her?? LOL..
i tried telling her i was just trying to retrieve the fees and ebay gives us no other option to do so. but apparently the non paying report really pissed her off and she wants karma to get me LOL.. for what, i dont know? what a wack'job!
Old 11-04-2008

Longevity: 98%

MOBSTER, you should have kept their money. Buyers are more likely to neg you after you refund them.
Old 05-18-2009

I did the same thing. I ran out of stock on an item that cost about $6 dollars. She wanted something $40 dollars for even exchange! I refunded her the $6 dollars and asked her to agree to cancel the transaction since I ran out of stock. Right after she agreed to cancel, she left a neg feedback saying "Seller refunded me but opened an unpaid dispute!" She is totally lying! Does it work if I report this????
Old 05-19-2009

Longevity: 96%

There are just so many a-hole buyers out there. I had this one buyer bought something from me and complained that I ship to slow and threatened to leave a neg fd. I told her I will refund her shipping charge then. NOPE, she wanted a full refund AND to keep the product. Buyers like these are just totally abusing Ebay's feedback system. I really hate Ebay for coming up with this bs rule. Those buyers need to be banned!!!
Old 05-20-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by se2er View Post
I did the same thing. I ran out of stock on an item that cost about $6 dollars.

You don't do this..

You tell them you sent it and then make up a story like the item must have been lost in the post. Say you sold out a few days after they bought it.

I learnt to do that the hard way..
Old 05-25-2009

Longevity: 89%
Default The only way you cant get a neg

If the buyer DOES NOT REPLY to the unpaid item stike with in I think 7 days than you are in the clear
Old 06-03-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseller View Post
If the buyer DOES NOT REPLY to the unpaid item stike with in I think 7 days than you are in the clear
tha'ts correct
Old 06-07-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default neg feedback

This is the main reason i have been banned for life on ebay..i have no neg feedbacks for like 4 years for 253 items i sold on there ..then i get 6 negs in the space of 30 days and i got banned for 30 days and now for life!

and the most annoying thing is that 3 out of the 6 were from the same
buyer who has never even paid for any of those 3 items!!!!!
Old 06-07-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default too right as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomooj View Post
There are just so many a-hole buyers out there. I had this one buyer bought something from me and complained that I ship to slow and threatened to leave a neg fd. I told her I will refund her shipping charge then. NOPE, she wanted a full refund AND to keep the product. Buyers like these are just totally abusing Ebay's feedback system. I really hate Ebay for coming up with this bs rule. Those buyers need to be banned!!!
i totally agree with you,,the buyers have to much power...you could sell the most perfect item to a buyer and if the buyer decides they dont like the item for whatever reason..they will always get there money back with paypal

i had 56 disputes and won one dispute lol