Ebay Usage troubles including linked paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Ebay Usage troubles including linked paypal

(1) I didn't want to link my Paypal account to my eBay account but somehow it happened. Do I gain anything by unlinking it or has the damage already been done? Both are new and uncontaminated.

(2) Similiar question: I notice that under "Third-party authorizations" Ebay is telling me that "You have authorized the following third party applications to perform certain actions on eBay on your behalf.": "eBay Business Policies Management 2". I don't want this, but if I unauthorize it would that make things worse?

Finally, I noticed three things in the Ebay documentation that I'd like to pass along (I take no position on their accuracy):

A. Ebay says it doesn't "permanently store messages sent through" its messaging system.

B. Ebay says it records phone calls.

C. Ebay says that eBay trolls are required to identify themselves as eBay trolls.

I appreciate any response.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam549 View Post
(1) I didn't want to link my Paypal account to my eBay account but somehow it happened. Do I gain anything by unlinking it or has the damage already been done? Both are new and uncontaminated.
Is the Ebay Account New? Paypal doesn't magically get linked, you had to have linked it to your Ebay Account yourself.

Quote:
(2) Similiar question: I notice that under "Third-party authorizations" Ebay is telling me that "You have authorized the following third party applications to perform certain actions on eBay on your behalf.": "eBay Business Policies Management 2". I don't want this, but if I unauthorize it would that make things worse?
No it won't make it worse but again, you either did it or someone else did it...meaning authorized 3rd Party programs but you can unauthorize them.

Quote:
Finally, I noticed three things in the Ebay documentation that I'd like to pass along (I take no position on their accuracy):

A. Ebay says it doesn't "permanently store messages sent through" its messaging system.

B. Ebay says it records phone calls.

C. Ebay says that eBay trolls are required to identify themselves as eBay trolls.

I appreciate any response.
A. Ebay Logs everything...
B. Yes They record phone calls
C. No Idea
Old 11-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks.

(1) The eBay account is new. The paypal account must have gotten linked somehow when I used it to buy things with the eBay account (even though I deliberately tried to avoid this), because afterward the eBay account was telling me that it was linked. I then made it the default way to pay the eBay fees. But I would like to unlink it if this would possibly increase the longevity of the eBay account. I know Standard Operating Procedure is to not have them linked; I don't know whether or not that would have any value at this point.

(2) Ebay absolutely did this without my permission or knowledge.
Old 11-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam549 View Post
Thanks.

(2) Ebay absolutely did this without my permission or knowledge.
When you made the ebay account, you accepted their T&S. You gave them permission once you hit enter.

Did you read anything B4 making the account?

Did you read any of the paypal T&S B4 making the account?

Much as I have tried, both want full & complete acceptance of their T&S or you simply can not use them. ( well sort of).

The paypal is linked because you used it in combination with ebay.

There is a slight difference. Some of us 'attach' paypal to ebay accounts & thus deliberately link then.

Using paypal even as a one off payment 'links'. Too late to unlink.

ebay trolls usually stand out in their postings how pro-ebay they are. read the community pages to see that. Never noticed they ID themselves.
Old 11-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the answer. It is apparently possible to "deauthorize" this "eBay Business Policies Management 2" thing, which I don't recall seeing on any of my other eBay accounts (is it new?). I'm sure I don't want it, but deleting it might be at least a red flag. I wonder if anyone knows anything about what this thing is and what it does.
Old 11-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Warning ebay link:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformat...spolicies.html

Never at my best in the early morning.

Cant see that opting out does flag accounts

spam549 (11-03-2012)