Buyer problems after postage troubles - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Buyer problems after postage troubles

I've been selling some cheap items for feedback ($2-4) and shipping out with Canada Post.

One buyer with 300 feedback buys 3 different bracelets. Only 2 fit in an envelope, so I had to ship the other separately. I noticed a few weeks later that he's only left 2 out of 3 feedbacks. I kindly message him asking to leave the 3rd feedback, assuming he's received it. He tells me he hasn't received it. Now I'm pissed at Canada Post because they likely lost it.

Anyway, I send another kind message telling him that I'll send another one for FREE and that he can pick any color he wants. He then messages me back this morning saying that he's only had "excellent service with Canada Post" and that he "can only conclude that [I] did not send it" and to stop messaging him (I offered 3 times to send a FREE bracelet. All were in reply to his messages)

Then I check my feedback and he's left me a NEUTRAL!? WHAT THE F***? On a brand new account I purchased, working hard just for these stupid bracelets to sell for feedback, and this a-hole gives me a neutral feedback after I've done everything that I can to offer him one for FREE?

Let's see how well this new "Report a Buyer" feature works. If not, I'll be messaging someone who's gotten buyers suspended for the smallest things in the past and I'll make sure he gets this buyer suspended as well.

Canada Post's incompetence + this buyer = Neutral feedback.

Last edited by mcmx; 11-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

thats why I never ask for feedback...often there is a reason... it reminds buyers about a minor issue they were going to let go. I get that it can remind buyers to log in and give feedback, but it is a chance you take.
Old 11-10-2012
Threadstarter  

How did I know someone on here would reply and make it seem like this is my fault? Unbelievable.
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Mcmx, There are threads about this as to why we usually never ask for feedback. Buyers are vindictive and the ball is always in their court with this company.

You should have let the last feedback pass. 2 out of 3 isn't bad at ALL for feedback.

You sent 3 messages. That would annoy anyone. One should have sufficed in this case. Luckily, it wasn't a NEGATIVE feedback.

I never leave feedback unless feedback is left for me first.
I might send ONE message asking if they received their item and if everything is ok.
No reply and no feedback means that they either cannot or do not wish to be bothered about it. I let it go. But, they better not expect feedback from me.
Old 11-10-2012
Threadstarter  

I sent 3 messages IN REPLY TO HIS.

Just as I said before, how did I know people on here would try to find a way to blame this on me... HOW did I know!

Stop being so pessimistic!

Last edited by mcmx; 11-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

What oompaloompa said is true and SHE's not blaming it on you, maybe you thought people would blame it on you because you were looking for just that?

Your buyer is a nail head, it's not your fault. I've had the same happen to me.
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What is WRONG with you.

Three parties to this scenario.

The buyer........ questionable type.

Canada Post....... questionable service at best of times.

and the third party YOU

Because you tend to go at things in an overly obsessed manner, you stirred the pot to have this happen.

For some reason, you decided in your mind that these 'bracelets' were going to be the solution to your getting feedback.
Chances of feedback being given are getting less nearly by the day.
Yet you harass a buyer.
You did not use logic.
Part of selling is learning to walk away. Learning to listen to advise and certainly not acting as you have here. Your own demands got the neutral.

To quote rsot, man up.
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmx View Post
I've been selling some cheap items for feedback ($2-4) and shipping out with Canada Post.

One buyer with 300 feedback buys 3 different bracelets. Only 2 fit in an envelope, so I had to ship the other separately.
Lazy of you. why did you not get one envelope to ship the lot & thus reduce postage troubles. Thinking outside the box is needed.
Quote:
I noticed a few weeks later that he's only left 2 out of 3 feedbacks. I kindly message him asking to leave the 3rd feedback, assuming he's received it. He tells me he hasn't received it. Now I'm pissed at Canada Post because they likely lost it
Not the wisest of approach. why did you not condsider asking if the whole transactions has gone OK. Ban the word assume from your selling life..

Quote:
Anyway, I send another kind message telling him that I'll send another one for FREE and that he can pick any color he wants. He then messages me back this morning saying that he's only had "excellent service with Canada Post" and that he "can only conclude that [I] did not send it" and to stop messaging him (I offered 3 times to send a FREE bracelet. All were in reply to his messages)
This is often the result of trying to get something in not quite the correct way. Buyer gets hacked off more & becomes vindictive towards you. That's dangerous.

Quote:
Then I check my feedback and he's left me a NEUTRAL!? Why? On a brand new account I purchased, working hard just for these stupid bracelets to sell for feedback, and this a-hole gives me a neutral feedback after I've done everything that I can to offer him one for FREE?
In your eagerness to have every go well, you sabotaged yourself. Please try to make this a learning curve. It is possible to move ahead, truly.

Quote:
Let's see how well this new "Report a Buyer" feature works. If not, I'll be messaging someone who's gotten buyers suspended for the smallest things in the past and I'll make sure he gets this buyer suspended as well.

Canada Post's incompetence + this buyer = Neutral feedback.

Let's put that stupidity on hold. Make reports like you want too often and WTFudge do you think ebay will do back to you.
You should be concentrating on selling well & aiming for the top. Not wasting time on rubbish
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Crazy how pessimistic some of you people are. Wow! It's actually making me laugh

Last edited by mcmx; 11-10-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Hah! We are realists not pessimists.

Old 11-10-2012
Threadstarter  

maybe a little bit of both
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Now you are talking

Old 11-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it did not even enter my head to blame you....I just said what I personally do, I have seen that a non-feedback leaver is one of a number of types and you take your chances...
Old 11-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The more you sell, the more buyers you will see - comes with the business sadly. All the best.
Old 11-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Crazy how pessimistic some of you people are. Wow! It's actually making me laugh

this goes back to our discussion on our other thread about using tracking #'s and how important they really are.
Old 11-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
this goes back to our discussion on our other thread about using tracking #'s and how important they really are.
I do NOT live in the US where tracking is free and/or cheap. I already said this. It costs $10 for tracking within Canada! Would be stupid to use it on a $3 item
Old 11-12-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I learned that lesson a long time ago. I asked a buyer for feedback since they already received the item a month ago and that buyer gave me a bad feedback. I would have never got that bad feedback if I never asked him to give me a feedback in the first place.
Old 11-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGALO1983 View Post
I learned that lesson a long time ago. I asked a buyer for feedback since they already received the item a month ago and that buyer gave me a bad feedback. I would have never got that bad feedback if I never asked him to give me a feedback in the first place.
He very well could have left it still, regardless of whether you message them or not. eBay also sends buyers a reminder for feedback too if it's not left for 30 days or so. I've gotten feedback reminders from eBay before.

And you can't even blame me for messaging the buyer. 1) it's an account I'm needing to establish feedback on so I can move on to sell my main items. 2) even people on here have said SEVERAL times about getting feedback: "just send them a kind message asking if everything is OK and if they can leave feedback". Which is exactly what I did...but NOW all of a sudden you say it's all my fault for messaging them. Makes a lot of sense

Last edited by mcmx; 11-12-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Im not those people. I never asked anyone to ask anyone for a feedback ever because I learned the hard way as you did.

You can either do two things, continue to do it your way and not get a good feedback or learn.

A lot of folks feel like you are pushing them to do something and they dont like that. I learned to just leave it up to them.

Your intentions are good and you are right they are cheap but it wont change the fact you didnt get the feedback you wanted.

For example, I sold one item for 99 cents & asked the buyer for feedback and they gave me neutral and I thought to myself, "You cheap son of a biiiiittttch" lol Over 99 cents item are you serious? lol It happens....
Old 11-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Only asked feedback from Amazon buyers when the account was new. Never on Ebay. Waste of time.
Old 11-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
Only asked feedback from Amazon buyers when the account was new. Never on Ebay. Waste of time.

This ^^^^^^

And MCMX: Its just a hard reality of ebay. Especially building a new account.
You must keep a low profile. Asking for feedback is just a no no for a lot of us. Just calling a spade a spade.

Ps: i love how your sig keeps changing LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Can you read?

Good. Start reading.

Quote:

And you can't even blame me for messaging the buyer. 1) it's an account I'm needing to establish feedback on so I can move on to sell my main items. 2) even people on here have said SEVERAL times about getting feedback: "just send them a kind message asking if everything is OK and if they can leave feedback". Which is exactly what I did...but NOW all of a sudden you say it's all my fault for messaging them. Makes a lot of sense
Quote:

How much better does it make YOU feel by trying to convince me that it's my fault and make me feel like s/hit. Just get out of this thread already bud.

And my signature has been the same for 2 weeks. Kinda weird to see that you'd take note of any changes to it anyway.

But if you wanna talk signatures, you should probably change yours cause it contradicts what you're trying to say about NOT taking the extremely low risk of sending a tiny, kind message for feedback.

Last edited by mcmx; 11-12-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Closed Thread