help required please on using different accounts on one computer. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-14-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default help required please on using different accounts on one computer.

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a couple of questions I have

If I have one computer in my home is it right that I can set up different ebay accounts as long as I have seperate user accounts on my computer and use the same ebay account for one user account??

If so is there anything else involved or can I literally just keep switching from one ebay account to the other on the same computer as long as they are different usernames when you first turn on the computer?

Also, does anyone use ebay in public internet cafes or libraries?? If ebay are so strict about only being able to use one computer per account then what about people who don't have internet connection or maybe work away alot?

thanks in advance for any help!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. Yes - make sure each account at home has different IP.

eB in public cafes and libraries are dangerous - quite likely that the IP is flagged.

Read around the concept of IP - it is important.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
keithy72 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy72 View Post
I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a couple of questions I have

If I have one computer in my home is it right that I can set up different ebay accounts as long as I have seperate user accounts on my computer and use the same ebay account for one user account??

If so is there anything else involved or can I literally just keep switching from one ebay account to the other on the same computer as long as they are different usernames when you first turn on the computer?

Also, does anyone use ebay in public internet cafes or libraries?? If ebay are so strict about only being able to use one computer per account then what about people who don't have internet connection or maybe work away alot?

thanks in advance for any help!!!
Your on the right track with separate widows accounts for each e/b account.

As rsot has said you need to have separate IP addresses for each too.

When switching between accounts make sure you FULLY log out of one before going into the next.

If you are selling the same items on each account DO NOT use the same photos or description.

Always, always double check everything is as it should be for each account before logging in to e/b or p/p

You need to be very disciplined when using multiple stealth accounts, it is very easy to make a mistake especially when it's all new to you.

Good luck
epain (01-16-2013), keithy72 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If you follow the advice given by both rsot and NoneOther you are on the right track.

I will just add that since you are talking of running multiple accounts, you must also make an excel sheet from the start.

Suggestions might be made to use 'notes' but that's kids' stuff () Create a document in excel with all of your info written down.

That way your info is at hand & you are rarely left struggling worried over not knwoing important details.
keithy72 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013

Longevity: 68%

i'm running 2 accounts at the moment and don't bother with separate user accounts. 1 EB/PP uses Chrome and the other uses Firefox (I still change my IP when switching between them). If i was to get a 3rd then I'd use Opera and a 4th i might even use IE
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

The above scenario is a complete recipe for disaster especially with Chrome in the mix.

Why do you think everyone with any experience tells every newbie to use separate windows accounts, just for the hell of it?

Chrome is invasive and will actively search your hard drive for private data and cookies it can then use to "personalise" your web experience. This includes e/b and p/p cookies wich can be linked and used in Chrome.

You may well have been fortunate so far but believe me you will come undone sooner rather than later if you don't get accounts onto separate user accounts

Last edited by NoneOther; 01-15-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2013

i don't believe that Chrome will actively search for cookies/data used by other browsers, unless instructed to do so (and I don't recall Chrome asking me to import anything when it's installed, unlike other browsers). Why not link to some rock-solid research that proves what you say? Users on here saying "i used Chrome and X/Y/X browser and got booted" isn't reliable proof.
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Then your belief would be wrong.

What is the basis for your belief that my advice is incorrect and based solely on anecdotal evidence?

Which by the way it isn't.

Good luck

Last edited by NoneOther; 01-15-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Then your belief would be wrong.
my belief isn't set in stone. i'm open to changing my mind
Quote:
What is the basis for your belief that my advice is incorrect and based solely on anecdotal evidence
the lack of links to anything proving that you're right would help
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

There are hundreds of reports online relating to the security or rather lack of with Google software and in particular Chrome.

Have you ever read the User Agreement or Terms of Service for any Google provide software?

If not then perhaps you should as it will give you a better insight in to what Google expect from their end users.
Old 01-15-2013

Quote:
Have you ever read the User Agreement or Terms of Service for any Google provide software?
like most people, i don't. but i'm going to now. though i'm probably wasting my time as i don't think there's going to be a subsection saying "we will scan your firefox/opera/IE cookies and convert them into a format chrome can use for the purpose of advertising/tracking etc."

post a link to you evidence that Chrome does what I've just said. you've said there are 100s of reports so you can surely link to 1 or 2
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Yes, your right, there won't be a subsection that says specifically that but throughout the document will be numerous references as to how they will collect and use data that can be used for tracking, sharing and making your life on the web easier.

As with all User Agreements what is probably more important is not what they actually say but what they don't say or how they will interpret it. Pretty much the same for e/b and p/p's User Agreements.

Advice is just that, advice.

Whether you choose to believe it or use it is your call I suppose.
Old 01-15-2013

well i've read the Chrome privacy policy. it mentions what information it sends to them, but it's all Chrome specific and, surprisingly, there's no mention of eating any other browsers cookies and spitting them out at their datacentres. I've no doubt you believe they do it, but there's no evidence put forward to me to say they do. I've googled (well, binged for once) to find information about this and came up with nothing.
Old 01-15-2013

Longevity: 66%

I may be wrong as im not a tech guy but i remember a few problems with chrome .
One being when shut down it in fact is never fully shut down down to the apps that come as the package so temp cookies are never deleted .
And there was also another concern over the adobe add on that also comes built in.
I cant be arsed searching if honest and for the sake of pressing the "change user" button i cant be arsed taking the risk either .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-16-2013), NoneOther (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks ever so much for your help guys, much appreciated, I am going to open another account and start slowly then see what happens, Im just scared of getting suspended to be honest.

Can I just ask....What is the best way to change the I.P? Is it just a case of turn your router off every time or is there a easier way around it? I have seen on this forum some people have 10 accounts etc, does that mean that they have 10 windows log ins, 10 different bank accounts, and turn the router on/off 10 times every time they want to check there ebay/paypal account?
Old 01-16-2013

I don't use windows users or different browsers, I use 1 browser, firefox, clear cookies, flash and change ip. I've logged in to over 100 accounts that are still up. I'm logged in to a TRS account as we speak with a paypal that has no holds that I just withdrew another $500 from and I'm drinking brandy with my eyes crossed >.<
Old 01-16-2013

Longevity: 67%

Keep us updated as to how long your accounts last?
Old 01-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbydave View Post
i'm running 2 accounts at the moment and don't bother with separate user accounts. 1 EB/PP uses Chrome and the other uses Firefox (I still change my IP when switching between them). If i was to get a 3rd then I'd use Opera and a 4th i might even use IE
Why? That's like opening the door to ebay/paypal & saying come in & find me.

Since the forum started, user accounts per ebay account have been recommended.

Variations invite troubles.
Please reconsider your method
Old 01-16-2013

Most of my accounts are 6 months to a year and older, all made and handled on the same user, they get suspended for other reasons like requesting ein etc.

A different user means it's clear of cookies, clearing cookies creates a new user, same exact thing, only thing missing is history, only takes 1 or 2 clicks to make some new history, after that they won't need a pin code..
Old 01-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Can I just ask....What is the best way to change the I.P? Is it just a case of turn your router off every time or is there a easier way around it?
That can be a method, yes.

But for the best reply, who is your ISP & is the IP dynamic?
keithy72 (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013

Quote:
Can I just ask....What is the best way to change the I.P? Is it just a case of turn your router off every time
if you're on Virgin Media, just search for some threads about it. if you're getting broadband through a landline (BT (not Inifity), Sky, TalkTalk etc.) then you can either turn it on and off and see if the IP has changed
Quote:
or is there a easier way around it?
go into the router/modem's homepage (or whatever it's called) and disconnect then reconnect (which is what I do. you can also check your IP has changed there too usually). you won't have to wait for the router to boot up this way
The Following User Says Thank You to derbydave For This Useful Post:
keithy72 (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Thankyou all very much for your help with this, much appreciated....Now to open up another bank account...