Aspkin I Have A Unique And Profitable Idea - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Aspkin I Have A Unique And Profitable Idea

Ok Get Donations Or Use Proceeds From The Stealth Book To Open A New Auction Site Get All Of Us Suspended Users To Donate Or Whatever To Get It Off The Ground You Have The Modders Here Who Seem To Know Thier **** And You Obviously Know The Web You Could Set It Up With Google Checkout And Get All These Sellers That Are Fleeing Ebay (screw Ioffer) Seriously It Make Take 5 Years To Jump Off But We Could All Start A Poll On Naming The Site I Can Code In Java Html And Mysql As Well As Others And Seriously Stick It To The Man Hell If We Could Find A Corporate Sponsor We Could Run A Tv Ad " Tired Of Ebay Come To Our Site Were Sellers Are Treated With Respect And The Fees Are Worth The Venture Http://xxxxxx.com" Or Whatever Think About It Now Is The Time Hell See If Yahoo Is Intrested In Negotiating There Auction Software Recode It And Make It A Whole New Buyer And Seller Experience
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Sorry had caps lock on. I was working with hex and you don't use lowercase. I am trying to crack an apt with odbg110 and softice among others. I just didn't notice it until after post. It's a good and serious suggestion. I have 5000 plus items I'm willing to list.

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-30-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I think I make great sites that are well search engine optimized, but going against eBay requires everything and then more. I also wish I knew how to code PHP and mysql.

Yahoo went up against eBay and died. Google is cooking something up but will have a hard time. And these are billion dollar companies with thousands of professionals working for them. An automated system with little to no support would work, and that's what Google is working on but is it possible?

I always wanted to make a cragslist.org.
Old 06-30-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Yep aspkin you're right ebay is multi billion dollar company it would be very hard to go against them. As aspkin said yahoo tried and failed and yahoo as you already know is a muti million dollar company. Now let's see what google can do. Its two multi billion dollar companies going against each other. I heard that google opened up a special center just for the works on google's auction site. Let's see what they come out with. I hope ebay gets taken down by google but ebay has grown really big but let's wait and see only time will tell now.
Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I think I make great sites that are well search engine optimized, but going against eBay requires everything and then more. I also wish I knew how to code PHP and mysql.

Yahoo went up against eBay and died. Google is cooking something up but will have a hard time. And these are billion dollar companies with thousands of professionals working for them. An automated system with little to no support would work, and that's what Google is working on but is it possible?

But ASPKIN you already have this site. This will lead to your auction site. There are templates coders. I have friends that will work night and day for peanuts with stock options. I mean seriously. This can be done. I'm addicted to this site now and I honestly thing with the combined knowledge of the users here, you we could do it.

screw craigslist make the site like an ioffer ubid ebay morph without all the
rubbish.

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-30-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-30-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
But ASPKIN you already have this site. This will lead to your auction site. There are templates coders. I have friends that will work night and day for peanuts with stock options. I mean seriously. This can be done. I'm addicted to this site now and I honestly thing with the combined knowledge of the users here, you we could do it.

screw craigslist make the site like an ioffer ubid ebay morph without all the
rubbish.
You do know ebay spends as much as the price of a Ferrari in advertising, right? Those TV ads, google ads, etc aren't cheap(maybe ad words is but still). Plus, ebay didn't get 13m hits overnight, it took time and the fact that they are so large is because they were the first of their kind. Our only hope right now is Ioffer.com which is getting closer to having the same amount of traffic as ebay everyday...maybe in a few years they'll be more competitive(that's if ebay doesn't buy them out).

I'm still surprised how ebay hasn't been sued for monopoly related charges...they've bought out all major auction sites in recent years and they bought paypal and force their users to use it.
Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Im with you on the antitrust monopoly lawsuit
Old 07-14-2008

Which major auction sites did they buy? I agree, ebay had a market entrance advantage, being it was the first. You know that there are close to 50 auction sites, and 46 of them suck and a few die each month. It would be super hard to kill ebay.

iOffer is our only hope, they are 2nd in terms of listings and traffic. My sales have doubled in 1 month, about $500 now, all from $5 legal digital items, proof enough for me that iOffer is growing.

The only logical and cost effective way I see to kill ebay is by starting a niche auction site like esty.com where they only sell hand made stuff. Also, yahoo died only in America, where it was late to enter the online auction market. It entered Asia before ebay and ebay is getting pwn3d by yahoo in Japan and Taiwan.
Old 07-14-2008

Longevity: 95%

VOLUME.. VOLUME>.
We have a Buy/Sell area here--which I personally thought would be the number 2 hot spot--its recd very little use..IMHO..
Old 07-14-2008

Im surprise Microsft havn't turned something out of the wood work.
Old 07-14-2008

and for the title of this thread "unique" hehe
Old 07-14-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Lol, what you guys really need is a safe haven for counterfeit sales. If someone makes a site like that, they'll be rich.
Old 07-14-2008

They already have one. Its called iOffer. :D
Old 07-14-2008

yeah ioffer for sure.
Old 07-15-2008

Longevity: 93%

Taobao are boasting that they will overtake ebay in the next 5 years, they already have a partnership with the Australian Paymate payment processor. Yahoo is backing Taobao as well, they sell lots of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and no problems! Great service.

Last edited by ambercolour; 07-15-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambercolour View Post
Taobao are boasting that they will overtake ebay in the next 5 years, they already have a partnership with the Australian Paymate payment processor. Yahoo is backing Taobao as well, they sell lots of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and no problems! Great service.
Not until they provide a decent translation service.
Old 04-24-2010
Banned

Longevity: 82%

I've once had a ghost Craig's List script installed to stanslist+org, but not now. As for yahoo being a billion dollar company that tried to "go up against eBay". That's got nothing to do with it. If a 2 bit site like Craigs list can come up as second runner to the Ebay Giant then a community of eBay "haters" like us can certainly put a dent in it.

There is a world of cheap php coders out there, but the real issue with having our own auction site would be the penalties that we will eventually have to put on the sellers. I don't think we can keep it continued in "rural" areas of the world like US, UK, Canada, and Aussie...

I can certainly maintain the site with the group of coders that I run with. I am in the process of working on several other sites as well. I think it's worth a try, even if the Aspkin auction site is not that big. It's something and I'm all for it. Would even invest in it if I thought people were serious enough about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

Old 04-24-2010

It would be a total waste of time, unless you have substantial cash to inject into it.

Think of eBid, which is an online giant (even though no where near as big as eBay), everybody has heard of it, and everyone seems to try it as an alternative. Even so, sales are basically zero.

For you to setup a website, and get it known enough to give your sellers sales, I can't possibly see how you could do it without vast amounts of cash.
Old 04-24-2010

Longevity: 82%

Any of you guys ever see this site googleauctionsite.net maybe you guys should sign it also.

PS it is a (Welcome to the site of the online petition for a Google auction site)
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Guys Building an Auction site that will compete with Ebay IS NOT the problem, Google can do it "on a Sunday afternoon" if they really want. Yahoo auctions DID NOT fold because of lack of counsumer interest, it was the amount of litigation that led them to abandon the business. This is EXACTLY the same reason we all get suspended from Ebay, and why Ebay's New Business model will eventually Do Away with Auctions All together.

To get a better understanding of what Ebay is up against, and ANY potential Auction site read this: Powered by Google Docs

You must read the WHOLE Thing. Read Page 15 if you want to understand why we always get suspended.
LOOK at all the Court cases and what they are about, 99% of which are aimed at Ebay, Court Cases ALL over the WORLD.

The Obama administration has appointed a Trademark and Copyright infringement "Czar" Victoria A. Espinel, now after you read the above article, Read this one: RIAA, MPAA Outline Plans for Draconian Copyright Laws

This is only a small Sample of what is going on, There will be changes the the law this year, and they will be directed at File Sharing and Auction Sites--GUARANTEED!!!

A Change in the Law will pass Smoothly and very Quitely, without any Media coverage, after all it is not a law change reguarding Healthcare.

The law will be voted on and passed on some Lazy Wensday afternoon, and by that Friday, Thousands of Ebay sellers will have a "New set of Braclets"

We all Need to be VERY aware of what is going on in Washington in order to protect ourselves.

Last edited by slapped; 04-25-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 04-26-2010

Slapped, I'm sorry, but you are totally wrong that eBay's new business model will "do away with us".

eBay's legal team is probably as much up to date as you can get. They realise the consequences of what they are doing, and because of this, they are concious on the VeRO side of things.

They will always be the largest auction site, unless they are victim to some massive negative PR scam.

You must be aware that they have some of the largest legal teams available in the US, and they will most certainly not be taken down by the law.

Think of the multi million pound lawsuit by tiffany. The largest lawasuit to them, but what did it do to them? Virtually nothing.
Old 04-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The Tiffany case which Ebay won is currently on Appeal. The Louis Vuitton Case In France which they LOST, is also on appeal. I have written several In Depth Posts reguarding these cases here on this site, take a look at them.

As for Ebay's New Business model read this Wall Street Journal Article: Auctions Fade in eBay's Bid for Growth - WSJ.com

Read Ebay CEO John Donahue's Own Words on how he is Shifting Ebay towards "Fixed Price" listings.

I do Admit that no where in the article does it say that Ebay will completely do away with auctions.

However I have had read COUNTLESS articles that state that Ebay is moving towards a NON-Auction marketplace like Amazon. These articles are not from blogs , but by the most respected Business news sources available, Google it and read for yourself.

Why would not believe that since, Amazon is now larger than Ebay and STILL growing, and Ebay is in Reverse.

I Simply point to the Wall Street Journal Article because you can read right off the "Horses Lips" (Ebay CEO John Donahue)

I am sorry but ALL the evidence points to Ebay in the very near future having nothing but "Buy it now" listings, and a "Handful" of Auctions in very specific catagorys, and by "Hand Picked" sellers. And Truthfully I would love to read ANY Credible information that indicates differently.
Closed Thread