Weird Experience with MC999 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Weird Experience with MC999

I just got MC999. It said please to click this link in the mail eB sent me. Clicking on it it takes you that big SCARY red message titled Attention! then it has a part where it says make sure you respond to our email within 72 hours.
The thing is I didn't get any other email. So I called them and eBay guy on the phone told me that the message was suppose to say call eB.
me: Oh well, either way what's the problem officer?

He does through the usual what are you selling (nothing branded), how and where did you get it, are you a new seller, do you have any other accounts.
People please have answers to those questions prior your call!!!
I calmly answer all the questions and he tells me that the account is good.
Normal stuff. The interesting part is next. After unlocking my account he asks me if I'm planning on selling anything in future.
me: what do you mean?
eB: Well i personally sell ipads on eB and can give you some tips
me: I'm not planning on selling ipads
eB: Oh I was just gonna give you some tips in case you want to sale in future.
me: (thinking to myself WTF, but then I get intrigued and tell him) I was thinking of selling my old laptop when I get a new one.
eB: great, it shows me that your selling limit is only 1k and you probably want to increase it right?
me: sure I'd love to!
eB: do you have an ID?
me: sure I do.
eB: please fax me a copy and I will increase those limits for you

After that I politely decline and end the call.
Now 2 Questions:
1. Are they really aloud to sell on eB??? Shouldn't be some restrictions like if you work for eB you can't professionally sell on eB due to a conflict in interest?
2. It really sounds that eB trains it's reps to fish for ID! and any possible information they can get out of you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 70%

wow I wish I would have got that guy on the phone
Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 66%

Wow...I have never heard of that but I think it is a ploy to get more info on you. Why else would they restrict your account then ask that sort of thing when reinstating you?
Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 66%

1) Not sure why working for eb and selling items on eb is a conflict of interest. I dont see what the problem is there. On top of that, I am sure they get some kind of employee discount on the fees.

2) The last mc999 call I had 2 days ago same thing happenned to me... they said they would raise limits if I sent ID.
Old 01-31-2013
Threadstarter  

I'll try to push limits in a month or so check how it goes.
Old 01-31-2013

Longevity: 82%

We had a new account a few weeks back, listed a couple discreet vero items. Got the Mc999 message to call and the guy offered to increase the limits without us even asking. Didn't have to send any id(which we couldn't have since it's stealth), and without any argument, our account went to 100/5000.

It's only happened one time, but there are some nice ebay reps out there who really don't care.
Old 01-31-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
We had a new account a few weeks back, listed a couple discreet vero items. Got the Mc999 message to call and the guy offered to increase the limits without us even asking. Didn't have to send any id(which we couldn't have since it's stealth), and without any argument, our account went to 100/5000.

It's only happened one time, but there are some nice ebay reps out there who really don't care.
They are either nice or just new hires that haven't gotten into a bitchy mode of most ebay reps
Old 02-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

I think that this depend only on rep. Some of them raise limits without even asking for it. Some of them recommend to sell for more than 90 days and limits should be increased automatically.
Old 02-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

Over 10 years of being a good seller, I sold several things to eBay employees and talked to a couple who were selling online too.

I was told that quite a few eBay employees sell online, though I imagine it's on a fairly small scale.

Another thing about the "are you going to be selling more in the future" question ... I don't think I ever got off a phone call with any eBay person (except maybe Trust & Safety) without them trying to give me tips on listings, how to better do whatever, blah blah blah. In the end, I think the intention was to sell me on some eBay li$ting feature or service. Just sales.

My extremely humble opinion. :-)