Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, and other trademark lawsuits against EBAY - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

lol tiffany will just take all auctions down i expect.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

"Listings flagged by the search engine are manually reviewed by customer service representatives. "

wow -- this makes the vero walkaround all that more important.
Old 07-24-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default A Brand New eBay Law !

I don't know how to use the forum search function, and I like to repost the same thing that three others have already done before me. Anyway, here goes with my old news:

"In July 2008, a United States court decided a trademark infringement lawsuit by jeweler Tiffany & Co. in eBay's favor: "... It is the trademark owner's burden to police its mark, and companies like eBay cannot be held liable for trademark infringement based solely on their generalized knowledge that trademark infringement might be occurring on their websites." eBay advertises and profits from the sale of Tiffany products through its site, while Tiffany claims that no third-party resellers are authorized to sell Tiffany jewelry. Despite eBay's efforts to find and cancel illegal listings, many "Tiffany" listings are judged by buyers or by Tiffany to be counterfeit. The judgment specifies that eBay's advertising of the availability of Tiffany products on its site is a protected fair use of Tiffany's trademark, that eBay sufficiently protects buyers by canceling auctions reported to the VeRO program as believed to be infringing, and that eBay is not obligated to suspend sellers reported to VeRO without further evidence of infringement"

Does anyone know if this count for ALL vero reportings, or just tiffany's?? Cause this looks like pretty good news, and maybe ebay will change its suspension laws so that you WONT get banned for vero reportings without further investigations..

i ikey

Last edited by Modee; 07-24-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2008

Sounds like 1st is a smack on the wrist and do it again ebay will suspend with evidence of further infringements.
Old 07-24-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
all that is--is a Summary of the Ruling..
Basically-the Courts decided that Ebay does a fair job of patrolling the marketplace.
Will they let up??/
Of course NOT..
It cost them too much to litigate this suit...
Old 07-24-2008

Longevity: 94%

Yeah and most buyer hate receiving ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff... Me included
Old 07-25-2008

We all know deep down that brands and all the guff is ruining the world and causing an elitist society. Causing deep divisions and fragmenting whole societies. Putting parants and peers under extreme pressure. I have no sympathy with brands whatsoever.
I wonder when people re going to wake up to the con.

i' m not sure what i hate most, the social unrest and divisioins that brand names make . or pressurising our women into having a perfect slim body. have they no idea what damage that does to our young women , who incidently have a crucial roll to play within society.

Last edited by badebay; 07-25-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-25-2008

Default Universal Balance

The ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sellers punish the designer companies.
The designer companies punish ebay.
Ebay punish the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sellers.
UNIVERSAL BALANCE
Ii`s all part of the game