Funny scam messages - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Funny scam messages

Hey, I thought it'd be cool if we all posted stupid scam messages we've received. It'd be good for a laugh when eBay stress reaches an alltime high..This is mine:
Quote:
Dear Seller,I will like to buy your item listed on eBay for my son service in west Africa so i will like to pay you $425.00 including the shipping cost (Priority Mail International) and i will like to pay you through paypal which insecure and faster so if you are interested in my offer i will like you to get back to me with your paypal email address and if you don't have paypal account i will like you to set a paypal account and send it to me so that i can remit the funds to your account urgently note if you will accept my offer i will like you to get the item end on eBay and get back to me with your paypal email address here is my email address
bellow,bostondegenerate1@yahoo.com hope to hear from you soon. Regards
LMAO he said paypal was insecure (when he meant secure). and he referred to himself a 'degenerate'.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-06-2008

lol, i've had like 10 of these in 2 weeks. I thought ebay look at messages?
Old 07-07-2008

Longevity: 92%

that is funny. wow, there are actually entire forums of how people reversed the scams on the scammers with pictures and everything and how these people actually sent huge boxes to Africa filled with all kinds of nasty garbage, it is hilarious.
Old 07-07-2008

lol, what sort of things do they send lol?
Old 07-07-2008

they tell the scammers in nigeria and those countries that they are sending pallets of laptops and computer monitors and all kinds of high end expensive computer items. Then they have the fedex guy take pictures of him delivering packages and stuff and the pallets and boxes are full of garbage, sewage, smashed computers, all kinds of crazy stuff. I literally fell out of my chair reading this several times and the entire story is about 50 pages long it is just crazy.

I'm going to find the story and link it up.
Old 07-07-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

The sad thing is I know at least three close friends that fell for these scams. Personal friends, not anyone online.
Old 07-08-2008

their is a story where a scammer asked money for his family and friends who were recovering from a tsunami or earthquake or something, some natural disaster and that they lost their house and everything. Well the guy asked for a huge lump of money talking hundreds of thousands from a minister of a church here in the usa. Well, the "minister" was a person who sets up scammers and makes them pay for their bad deeds. Anyways, they told the scammer he had to become a member of their church to receive the funds around 150k which the guy was not a member.

Well, to become a member you have to receive a huge tattoo on your body of the church symbol. So, the scammer takes step by step pictures of him going to the tattoo place and getting his tattoo. Well suffice to say the guy was left with a tattoo for life covering his arm and he found out he got a huge dump laid on him. Now that is what I like calling sticking it to the scammer!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008

There's a scam going on here in the UK which I belive has taken quite a few people in as it is very 'believeable'....

The scammer places an ad in the classified sections of sites like Loot and AdTrader etc saying they've got a cute dog free to a good home. They list their hometown as somewhere within the UK. When you message/email them asking for more details they send you cute pics of 'the' dog and a story saying that they've just emigrated to somewhere like Cyprus and the dog doesn't like it and it's yours if you send them the cash to get it flown back to the UK. The scammers only ask for about £150 so people don't get too suspicious and by this time they're madly in love with the 'dog' so send the cash straight away!

Here's an example of one:

London Yorky Puppy Free To Good Home in Bermingham, Bermingham • London Classifieds, Flats to Rent, Jobs in London, Free Classified Ads UK

Sorry if I've posted something I shouldn't of by the way!

Squee.
Old 07-10-2008

that is a dumb scam, i mean whoever falls for that story is not smart. Who imports a dog lol? Also, the scam is only for 150 quid is not a lot.

Good information though to inform the "uninformed" people for they don't get duped.:D

Last edited by jerkyboy1; 07-11-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2008

Agreed, the scam is a bit dumb but us Brits are a nation of dog lovers so easily fall for it!

Plus dogs can 'travel' freely within Europe now if certain criteria are met so it's kinda believable...more so than all these Nigerian princes wishing to share their millions!
Old 07-11-2008

thats true lol........who are they kidding:o