eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   snad lost in post (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/58424-snad-lost-post.html)

aniseed 03-31-2013 08:45 AM

snad lost in post

Sold an item for about £250 through a drop shipper, drop shipper takes an extra week to post and buyer opens an item not received case.

It eventually arrives, I have proof with tracking number and digital receipt, but case is still awaiting buyers action to confirm this.

Now the buyer has said the item is significantly not as described. Dropshipper accepts return, so I give him drop shippers address and several times state to send it back insured and tracked.

Now drop shipper hasn't received item, ask buyer for tracking number, after several emails he finally says post office had run out of stickers so he had to send this £250 item by first class:eek:

Now snad case is awaiting my action and only option is to process the refund. I don't think the buyer is trying to scam me, but I can't believe he would return it first class!

I know its bank holiday so it might turn up yet next week, but I wouldn't count on it. To be fair, the drop shipper has proven himself very unreliable and I won't be dealing with again. 2 cases, expecting a negative, and now maybe £250 out of pocket.

How do I stand with ebay? Surely buyer is responsible for item until its returned, as seller is when its sent out. What about that I messaged him a different (dropshippers) return address instead of the one on file? (this is a real account not a stealth)

Thanks

Ebayorbust 03-31-2013 08:56 AM

Sounds very messy. One of the dangers of dropshipping.

You may win a dispute over the £250 but if using this dropshipper is resulting in negatives and disputes you'd be best to part ways before ebay does it to you.

aniseed 03-31-2013 09:00 AM

Yeah I don't think I'll dropship again without having a few items myself first as a backup!

Really want to get some large wholesale orders running, getting fed up waiting for selling limits to rise.................

MM78 03-31-2013 11:05 AM

Seems like your being taken by a Professional Buyer...Post office ran out of stickers? come on, the post office doesn't run out!

Is this the first time you drop-ship?
Have you ever had the product in your physical possession?

newjerseymax 03-31-2013 12:06 PM

Drop shipper unreliable and snad... I would get money back that route as that is where problem started.

Gamefreak 03-31-2013 12:08 PM

This is the kind of case where calling and speaking to an agent is necessary to win...

oompaloompa 03-31-2013 01:08 PM

if buyer did not send this level of item tracked, his problem..., if you want to win the case you can...

last3379 03-31-2013 04:41 PM

I agree with MM78.. complete scam, post office had no tracking stickers??? come on.

aniseed 03-31-2013 06:38 PM

Ok just had email from dropshipper says he has the item back and will send the refund on Tuesday.

think its a combination of a dropshipper exaggerating the description of his Grade A mint sealed items that he forgot to seal after driving over them in his car, and one of those buyers that asks far to many questions

First time drop shipping think I've been put off it for life. still gonna wait for the refund before I relax though. But the damage is done to my seller account

MM78 03-31-2013 06:41 PM

Well at least the item made it back, Things were not looking good there for a while.

I think you should stick to shipping your own items...you can always try dropshipping on a new account that's separate from your other accounts.

Whatever you do, Good Luck!
Quote:

Originally Posted by aniseed (Post 436020)
Ok just had email from dropshipper says he has the item back and will send the refund on Tuesday.

think its a combination of a dropshipper exaggerating the description of his Grade A mint sealed items that he forgot to seal after driving over them in his car, and one of those buyers that asks far to many questions

First time drop shipping think I've been put off it for life. still gonna wait for the refund before I relax though. But the damage is done to my seller account

aniseed 03-31-2013 06:44 PM

Yeah the email was a pleasant shock this evening!

Thanks very much

BigCJ 03-31-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last3379 (Post 435991)
I agree with MM78.. complete scam, post office had no tracking stickers??? come on.

The post office stopped using the track and confirmed stickers 2 months ago.
But tracking is automatic and placed on the label and receipt now. The buyer just didnt tell it to you and is scamming you.

newjerseymax 03-31-2013 08:15 PM

Sounds like dropshipper might be somewhat honest though. He could have kept it and said nothing.

oompaloompa 04-01-2013 07:58 AM

haha and we accused this buyer of being a sly weasel....