Selling mobile phone replacement parts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-03-2013
parkp81

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Selling mobile phone replacement parts?

Hello,

I have been doing some research recently, due to the fact that I have been hit with 2 vero strikes (2 month period) on one of my 2 accounts linked to the same paypal account, and the one account is suspended for 7 days, the other account is only 1 month old. I won't go into detail what I was selling, but yes I know I made a mistake and don't want to face that problem again.

I am planning on selling replacement parts for mobile phones, nothing branded/no logos/all generic. I have used Google and have not come across too much info on if this is considered Vero, as I came across 1 person that said he was suspended for selling replacement mobile phone parts such as for the iPhone. He states he had no logos/generic unbranded, and in the title he stated it was "for" the iPhone and still got suspended.

I don't see how eBay would consider that person's listings Vero unless he was doing something that was in violation he did not mention in his post. This has got me scared, but do I have to be worried, if I follow eBay listing rules, such as my own pictures, descriptions, etc.

I don't want to be permanantly banned, as my account is pretty old, but only around 200 feedback, no negatives.

Can I safely sell replacement mobile phone parts for lets say iPhone, Samsung, etc.?

Last edited by parkp81; 04-03-2013 at 04:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Anything revolving around cell phones is considered high risk especially when you start using terms like Apple Iphone or Samsung Galaxy S. Your best bet is to start gradually and work your way up. Also I hear it helps to establish that they are compatible parts rather then trying to advertise them in such a way that they may be construed to be OEM.
Old 04-03-2013
parkp81

Looking over some other sellers, I see that they use the word "for" in the title and in the actual description "compatible with". Is this the suggested way?
Old 04-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Pay attention to the post by FM88

How old is your account?

This category is high risk especially for an account marked with violations already.

Old 04-03-2013
parkp81

My account is from 2003, that got dinged with 2 Vero's.

I didn't think it would be considered Vero, to sell generic/no logo/non-branded replacement mobile phone parts. I was thinking it should be no different then buy generic/no logo/non-branded replacement car parts at like an auto parts store or online. But I came here to get tips from the experienced to make sure so I don't get permanently suspended.

Thanks for the responses so far, you guys are great.
Old 04-03-2013

Longevity: 90%

Everything is considered VERO by eBay these days.
Elijah (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013

Longevity: 80%

ALL iphone replacements parts are vero. TRUST ME I know ive been hit me 4 veros on 2 accounts. Ive also seen most of the bigger seller selling them eventually got their listings removed. The really big guys idk how they do it, i guess apple doesnt want to mess with them or ebay gives them special treatment.
Old 04-03-2013
parkp81

Wow that's a shocker and something I did not want to hear. I guess if I really wanted to not deal with this vero stuff and sell mobile phone replacement parts, I would have to make my own website and somehow market that if I wanted to stay within the same product category.

Is there a list on this site with "low risk" categories where I will not have to stress out thinking my listings going to be removed even though I am not selling vero products? I guess high risk even though your item is not vero you can still get vero'd, so I'd rather stay in a category where I will not be dinged unfairly or the chances are a lot lower.
Old 04-03-2013

Longevity: 90%

My best advice is not to sell on eBay at all but have your own website. I guess I should listen to my own advice then. However it requires a lot of effort and investment. Gone are the days where you can make easy money because nowadays every fool can sell something online.
Old 04-12-2013

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 69%

hi not true

parts can be generic as long as there is no logo on it, so iphone housing is not allowed for example
Old 04-14-2013
parkp81

Sorry i'm not quite clear on your response. You mention as long as there is no logo on the part (which I do understand from research, my parts will not have any logos), but you say "iphone housing" is not allowed, this I am not quite clear on what you are referring to? Are you referring to the item "title", or "description"?