A big step need advice! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default A big step need advice!

I wanted to open a legit ebay account by obtaining a DBA and registering an LLC. I am currently living at my parents house which has 6 bedrooms, 3 of the bedrooms are mine and 2 of the bedrooms are currently being used for inventory(have one empty room). I have been looking to get a 1.5k-2k sqft warehouse but that would just be extra expenses which I really do not need at this time.
I will also be getting a separate DSL internet and home phone (home phone & internet just for business).
The UPS Store down the street is offering mailbox with actual physical street addresses, really dont know what they mean by that I just know its not P.O box.

My concerns are would it be a good idea to put the business location under that mailbox address?(my actual address as been used in one of the stealth accounts)

Should I also get an EIN number under the DBA?(Will be getting an EIN number for the LLC)

When getting a home phone number will they be able to find out the location of the home phone? (I know they are worse then the FBI just making sure)

Do you guys think this is a good idea?If not what am i doing wrong?(I really do not care if there is a much more inexpensive way of doing it.)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you to all the replies in advance!
Old 04-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Technically you are not supposed to use a box address to register a business.

For the phone just get a prepaid phone and your problems are solved.

As far as how to setup the business, you should consult an accountant on how to setup the company.

Eventually if asked for it, you will need an ein with paypal
Old 04-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Sorry, I didnt mean the business registration, I meant business location on ebay
Old 04-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
As far as how to setup the business, you should consult an accountant on how to setup the company. Eventually if asked for it, you will need an ein with paypal
Im going to be doing it on legalzoom hopefully they would be able to help me out with everything, as for the ein.... isnt the dba ein diffrent from the LLC EIN?
Old 04-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutStealth View Post
Im going to be doing it on legalzoom hopefully they would be able to help me out with everything, as for the ein.... isnt the dba ein diffrent from the LLC EIN?
No, an ein is an ein no matter what its attached to.
Old 04-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutStealth View Post
I think legal zoom is only good if you know what you are doing. They won't help u that much.

Id find a local accountant with a good rep or that deals with online businesses and go that route.

You will need to do taxes eventually, why not start building the relationship?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
AllAboutStealth (04-09-2013), MM78 (04-08-2013)
Old 04-08-2013

Longevity: 64%

EIN follows the LLC and the d.b.a's follow the LLC.
Yes get a UPS account. Actual address means just that actual, not prefixed with PO BOX (xx).
DOnt use home number, there are plenty other options...toktumi is good, grasshopper ok, tons others. toktumi has feature rich options you can do alot with.

ALSO: This maybe is getting too personal??? But where do your parents sleep, if you have the 5 bedrooms and one is empty?....Did you kick them into the garage. And this is just an assumption but with 6 friggen bedrooms, its probably a pretty large home...How much inventory do you plan on packing into that mansion? Crawl before you can walk...Dont even think about a warehouse until you have tested and split tested your chit!
Just my .002
The Following User Says Thank You to hardybents For This Useful Post:
AllAboutStealth (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
I think legal zoom is only good if you know what you are doing. They won't help you that much.
Id find a local accountant with a good rep or that deals with online businesses and go that route.
You will need to do taxes eventually, why not start building the relationship?
That sounds like some good piece of advice Slim_jim.... thnx
Old 04-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardybents View Post
EIN follows the LLC and the d.b.a's follow the LLC.
Yes get a UPS account. Actual address means just that actual, not prefixed with PO BOX (xx).
DOnt use home number, there are plenty other options...toktumi is good, grasshopper ok, tons others. toktumi has feature rich options you can do alot with.

ALSO: This maybe is getting too personal??? But where do your parents sleep, if you have the 5 bedrooms and one is empty?....Did you kick them into the garage. And this is just an assumption but with 6 friggen bedrooms, its probably a pretty large home...How much inventory do you plan on packing into that mansion? Crawl before you can walk...Dont even think about a warehouse until you have tested and split tested your chit!
Just my .002
I just downloaded toktumi..... feels like a great app i can work with thnx.

As for the housing, the house feels like its been divided into 2 houses with access to each other through one door. Theres 3 bedrooms on one side of the house and another 3 bedrooms on the other side of the house.

The main side of the house is where our rooms are then right through the living room door goes into my working area (best part is sleeping rooms are on complete other side of house). Down a small hall and you go into a small yet roomy living room kind of area is where after doing a lot of work I can lay on couch watch tv. To the left is where could of been a small kitchen but made it my office straight down the living room is my rest room plus another 3 doors on the right side which is where i stash my inventory about 200-250Sqft each room, both of the rooms are completely full other room full of boxes that need to be sorted out and thrown away.
Old 04-11-2013

Longevity: 80%

The only thing I can apport to the OP

"The UPS Store down the street is offering mailbox with actual physical street addresses, really dont know what they mean by that I just know its not P.O box."

Maybe they are referring to PMB?? (Private Mail Box), those are like PO Boxes, but have a house adress.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Old 05-10-2013
Threadstarter  

So will i be doing this right? The DBA I will use as my first and last name.
Old 05-10-2013

Longevity: 69%

P.O Box is a P.O Box. Anyone can tell it right away once you use it for whatever purposes. But If you have a Rental PMB from UPS, You can use it as a Physical Home/Apt address:
Ex: you can write like this:
John Smith
12345 SW Allen ( This is the location of the UPS where you rent a Mail Box )
#007 -> ( this number refers to your mail box number)
San Jose, CA, 91111

If you write it that way, People think you live in an Apartment.
Closed Thread