Signing up new stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-16-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Signing up new stealth account

If I opened up a new stealth account and decided to use my parents information (SSN) does it matter that they have the same last name? Or is that a big flag?

The only other option I can think of is opening up an LLC and using a EIN at paypal, then I could just use a business name to be identified with.

Can anyone help me with this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Not good using parents info.

And why did you give anyone a SSN.

If you follow stealth methods in most cases you will never be asked for SSN.

I see you are new, do you know exactly what you are doing so you dont ruin your parents name and SSN if you get banned for linking etc?
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkman View Post
If I opened up a new stealth account and decided to use my parents information (SSN) does it matter that they have the same last name? Or is that a big flag?

The only other option I can think of is opening up an LLC and using a EIN at paypal, then I could just use a business name to be identified with.

Can anyone help me with this?
How could it be stealth if you are using an SSN?

Why are you even considering risking your parents' ID?

Avoid this as it is not wise at all.

You are far better to be responsible and use all your own info with the LLC & EIN.

What has happened before in your paypal/ebay history that you have joined here?
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums hulkman. Read around the forums - many reasons why not to use parents` or friends` info.

Learn stealth well. All the best
Old 04-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Well I had my account suspended because during my last review I had 3 cases that were opened but the buyers escalated the cases to eBay directly. I accepted returns for full refunds, but apparently they counted as unresolved cases. Two of those same buyers left me bad star ratings. And that was it for my account, after 7 years and 6-10k sales per month.

I had another account that my sister was using, so I started using that one with no problems for almost 3 months before I was given a 6.4k a month selling limit. I wasnt being careful at all to avoid linking them. Also being stupid, I called to raise my limits and then they saw that the accounts were linked and then they shut down that account as well.

Now I want to get back to selling. I am moving to a new house and figure I can use that information to set up. The problem with the SSN is that once I hit 20k in sales, Paypal will ask for that information. I am an honest seller and looking to build up the account and not mess up this time around so I have no problem using a family members SSN.

I am just concerned that because we have the same last names, I might get linked. Besides that everything will be new and different.
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkman View Post
Now I want to get back to selling. I am moving to a new house and figure I can use that information to set up. The problem with the SSN is that once I hit 20k in sales, Paypal will ask for that information. I am an honest seller and looking to build up the account and not mess up this time around so I have no problem using a family members SSN.
Just to clarify for you - PP can limit you WELL AHEAD of 20k if they see that your pace is high - they can do sale projection and limit based on expectation.
Old 04-17-2013

Longevity: 66%

Whatever somebody told you, you have NOT opened a stealth account.
Please read around and soon, soon you will be able to operate in stealth
Good luck
Old 04-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Univerzal View Post
Whatever somebody told you, you have NOT opened a stealth account.
Please read around and soon, soon you will be able to operate in stealth
Good luck
New Address
New Name
New IP address (mobile hotspot)
New user account
New bank account
New paypal address
New SSN (possibly)
New phone number

How is that not a stealth account. Ofcourse I have to baby it for a little and start very slow, but I am not doing anything wrong to have any fears of it getting suspended again.

I got unlucky the first time around, and wont make the same mistakes again this time.

I got unlucky the first time around, and now