eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Helpful hint on ebay marketing calls (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/59465-helpful-hint-ebay-marketing-calls.html)

Sandy D 04-28-2013 11:53 PM

Helpful hint on ebay marketing calls

I am being asked by a few how to stop the constant hammering of ebay marketing calls.

Some already know how to fix this.

For those of you who get these and do not know how to stop the marketing calls.

Account
Communication Preferences
Promotions and Surveys

Click off Phone updates and promotions

I also click off most of the others like mail catalogs etc.

madmuppet303 05-16-2013 02:08 PM

Good info - I'm going to start doing this!!

Sandy D 05-16-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmuppet303 (Post 450050)
Good info - I'm going to start doing this!!

Everyone should do this to each account.

The BS marketing calls are just an excuse to see if your phone is working.

jeffweico 05-17-2013 02:15 AM

I take another view of this. I have a working phone number on all of my accounts. They all lead and forward into a cell phone. I set up the caller-id on my numbers to transmit MY number, not the caller's number. Each of my numbers in my cell phone are marked with the stealth account identity. That way I know who I am supposed to be on a particular call.

I think that taking the 10 minutes to talk to them builds trust since they are reaching a live person and the phone number is good.

When I don't want to talk, I tell them that I am in my car driving. They will immediately thank you and hang up when you tell them that.

I cannot prove this works to my advantage, but most of my accounts last for a long time - years in fact. So, I must be doing something right.

Sandy D 05-17-2013 09:52 AM

This was intended mainly for newbies who are do not have the years of experience that you have and are comfy with talking to them.

A newbie might be asked a question and have no answer or give the wrong one and down the account goes.

If you are comfy with talking to them your idea will be fine but the majority are not as calm and collected as you would be.

I was sent a pm asking what to do with a limited account as they got a call. answered it and within minutes was asked for invoices of products etc.

And this was suppose to be a marketing "We are here to help you sell more" call.
Ebay does not call you to help you in most cases. They are just lurking for someone new or dont know how to answer their questions etc.

newjerseymax 05-17-2013 10:26 AM

I do this for all accounts. Rarely get calls if any. I have accounts over 3 years without any calls. Im with Sandy. Id rather have no calls then build somekind of relationship I dont want anyways.

hapajenn1 05-18-2013 02:40 AM

If Eb calls your registered tel # and its disconnected, then what happens? Does this trigger a suspension?

GreenBean 05-18-2013 04:48 AM

@hapajenn1
Yes, sometimes it can be happen.

It is usually suggested here to have a phone number active.

Was yours disconnected?
:spy:

rsot 05-18-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapajenn1 (Post 450499)
If Eb calls your registered tel # and its disconnected, then what happens? Does this trigger a suspension?

It has been known to happen - nothing is 100% but best to have an active number.

jeffweico 05-18-2013 07:40 PM

As an FYI, I was NOT trying to discredit Sandy D's method. I was only trying to add to the discussion letting others know what has worked for me personally. Different methods will work for different people. It all depends of your personality and experience.

I'm very good on the phone, I can usually win people over very quickly. That is why it works for me.

yotano211 05-18-2013 11:28 PM

i usually tell them, the person is taking a shower, to call later on, they never call back.

Sandy D 05-20-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 450625)
As an FYI, I was NOT trying to discredit Sandy D's method. I was only trying to add to the discussion letting others know what has worked for me personally. Different methods will work for different people. It all depends of your personality and experience.

I'm very good on the phone, I can usually win people over very quickly. That is why it works for me.

Can I forward all calls to your phone please?

I think you just got hired Jeff.

It is a skill to be able to handle these people and their questions. Knowing they are lying and working on getting info from you and have no interest in helping you in most cases.

Awesome skill to have!

rsot 06-03-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 450651)
i usually tell them, the person is taking a shower, to call later on, they never call back.

Driving excuse also shuts them up - to avoid endangering health :rolleyes:

Sandy D 06-06-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 454872)

No reason to even get a call from them unless it is a marketing call and you can eliminate those calls by using the above.

If you are doing everything right from shipping, communications etc you wont need a call from pp or eb.

bjammin 06-14-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 450179)
I take another view of this. I have a working phone number on all of my accounts. They all lead and forward into a cell phone. I set up the caller-id on my numbers to transmit MY number, not the caller's number. Each of my numbers in my cell phone are marked with the stealth account identity. That way I know who I am supposed to be on a particular call.

I think that taking the 10 minutes to talk to them builds trust since they are reaching a live person and the phone number is good.

When I don't want to talk, I tell them that I am in my car driving. They will immediately thank you and hang up when you tell them that.

I cannot prove this works to my advantage, but most of my accounts last for a long time - years in fact. So, I must be doing something right.

Ever seen the show "United States of Tara" (HBO or SHO, idk which) Sorry, just had a thought that was funny. What if they called all your stealth accounts back to back and you had to do your best to create 20ish diff people real quick. Talk about paranoia. Lol

GreenBean 06-14-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 458692)
Ever seen the show "United States of Tara" (HBO or SHO, idk which) Sorry, just had a thought that was funny. What if they called all your stealth accounts back to back and you had to do your best to create 20ish diff people real quick. Talk about paranoia. Lol

Tell you what happens.

You freak ( almost).

Was speaking to cursed paypal yesterday. Will not tell you how many times I have spoken to them this week.

I had my details with me. I looked at them and went WTF is this. What's wrong with this account. Forgot the reason.

Hung up quickly. :doh:

Ages ago with USA calls, I had the same staff person answer the phone.
Too nerve-racking to do too often.

:rip:

rsot 06-17-2013 01:17 PM

Ah ha they caught you on a mind-numb moment...yeah it happens

rio382 07-02-2013 05:01 AM

These calls must be for USA acc's?

In all of 8 years I never had a single call or letter on my UK acc's

rsot 07-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rio382 (Post 464007)
These calls must be for USA acc's?

In all of 8 years I never had a single call or letter on my UK acc's

You have been nice and low-key on the phone call radar then

Sandy D 07-09-2013 11:48 PM

I very seldom ever get calls either and run 100s of accounts but clicking this off will keep the pesky marketing dept off your phone.

arwoodco 07-17-2013 01:39 PM

Dude, they are scum for even calling, considering how many people hate telemarketers, it shows how little they care about their sellers.

Just more proof that sellers are considered to be just above pond scum in their eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 454872)

unknown_user 07-22-2013 01:20 PM

i was always afraid if i had the marketing calls checked that they would call that one time my number on the stealth account is gone or not forwarded...then they put something in the computer "unreachable" thus limiting my account because i needed updated information.