eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   NEW Business Seller (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/60039-new-business-seller.html)

learningtogetby 05-15-2013 03:14 PM

NEW Business Seller

hi huys had some advice from you a while back about becoming a business seller.
finally took the plunge and got a accountant etc.

from reading a few posts on here and odviously the origin of the site im a bit worried about my set up.

I have a ebay account for buying and an ebay account for selling i have read the ebay rules and think everything is fine with this i basically buy items off ebay and then re sell them on ebay. as well as cat boot items etc.

what is the main reason for peoples accounts to suddenly get stopped from being able to sell.

i dont sell phakes or vero items and i pay fees on time etc.
is it basically if you get so many negatives or cases against you?
what else should i be very careful with?

I know people will say go stealth but to me it sounds complicated and i dont want to ruin my own personal accounts by logging in to a stealth account etc and getting caught

any help would be great

cheers

Sandy D 05-15-2013 03:45 PM

Ebay closed accounts with no reason in most cases.

I have my original legit account and 100s of stealths.

You need to buy the book and spend a ton of time here reading to learn the methods so you dont link your legit account to others.

Not complicated but does take time to learn.

learningtogetby 05-15-2013 03:53 PM

what i dont understand is if they close legit accounts down for no reason.
how does that make sense as they lose out on money.

i guess every account is different.

but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.

seems strange to me

Sandy D 05-15-2013 05:30 PM

They make so much money they dont care about the little seller at all.

rsot 05-16-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learningtogetby (Post 449745)
what i dont understand is if they close legit accounts down for no reason how does that make sense as they lose out on money, i guess every account is different but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.
seems strange to me

And what you do is make 5-10 stealth accounts and operate as if each account is different :) spread the risk

GreenBean 05-16-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.

seems strange to me

Ebay never loses money. for each zapped account another one stays active & makes ebay money.

There are ALWAYS reasons for accounts to be suspended.

The problem is that the suspended seller may never understand the reason.

Work with that in mind from now. Be as good as you can in stealth.

:juggle:

golden_monkey 05-16-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

seems strange to me

hellooooooooooooooo I used to think the same thing.... reading here and seeing accounts killed for "no reason" i was so scared.

but i kept going......... then after reading some threads around this place for a while and then suddenly "no reason" didn't really mean that......

run a clean account, do the best you can, and go full blast, and don't worry about the hammer coming down on you. just go go go go go.

if you get killed... learn why and avoid it.

read why people get killed and don't do that... its not hard.

AuctionsDenied 05-17-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

seems strange to me

You will find a lot of information and tons of experience going through this forum.
Don't look at the information you read as a sign that you will be eventually shut down. Use the information to create longevity for your accounts.
Great tools here to accompany the stealth guide.

jeffweico 05-17-2013 02:09 AM

When worked properly, a stealth account can last for years if:

Your items are legitimate
You give refunds or replacements when necessary
You answer customer emails promptly
You maintain a professional demeanor
Keep a valid phone number on file
Use tracking on EVERY package sent

If you are not causing problems for eBay/PayPal/Amazon, they will pretty much leave you alone. Rarely do I lose an account, and when it happens, it is usually lost within the first six months. My oldest stealth account is a little over 5 years old.

They see I leave $1k in my PayPal at all times. They see the tracking numbers and have confirmation of delivery. They can read my customer responses and see that I behave as a professional and always try to please the customer. This builds trust.

Of course, any one of us can lose an account at any time regardless of what we do. But, on average, an account will last longer if you are an otherwise legitimate retailer.

GreenBean 05-17-2013 06:19 AM

An ebay account is as good as the method used to operate it.

Hardly matters if it is real or stealth.

Still just an ebay account.

Work within their guidelines, play their game and be like jeffweico said...

Have a long lasting account.

You, as the seller, control your stealth destiny. And if you can not do that, then you are misusing all the benefits of this forum.

:juggle:

WinterIsComing 05-17-2013 06:30 AM

Ebay only makes money from closing accounts, since many people are unable to withdraw their funds (due to it being a stealth account with no bank account, they just can't comply with all of the document requests, etc). That money is pure profit for ebay. Knowing the risks and having read the guide, you should always have multiple accounts. You can't count on them suddenly becoming a fair company just for you ;)

golden_monkey 05-17-2013 06:34 PM

do as jeff said and sleep easy, he nailed it.

:clap:

learningtogetby 05-19-2013 02:40 PM

thanks all some really good responses, i think i would like another selling account but really dont want to compromise my current long standing account. like you say go stealth and spread accounts but easy said than done if you not sure how to start it all off.
but im sure in time and with your help i can eventually get there.

cheers for some great responses guys

jeffweico 05-19-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterIsComing (Post 450228)
Ebay only makes money from closing accounts, since many people are unable to withdraw their funds (due to it being a stealth account with no bank account, they just can't comply with all of the document requests, etc). That money is pure profit for ebay. Knowing the risks and having read the guide, you should always have multiple accounts. You can't count on them suddenly becoming a fair company just for you ;)

I don't know if this is a new PayPal thing or maybe just a UK thing? I have NEVER had PayPal keep the money after an account was closed. But I don't have a lot of closed accounts.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is PayPal REALLY keeping money now, just like Amazon?

GreenBean 05-20-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 450772)
I don't know if this is a new PayPal thing or maybe just a UK thing? I have NEVER had PayPal keep the money after an account was closed. But I don't have a lot of closed accounts.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is PayPal REALLY keeping money now, just like Amazon?

@jeff'
Since I joined here I can say that I know of 8 cases where paypal held the funds AFTER the 180 days.

It has been some months since I heard of it happening again.

However, I can also say that paypal has taken funds from the limited balance for other sellers. In other words, say the total of funds held was US$1500, final payout was under $1200. No, there were few buyer refunds. Rather paypal imposed penalties.
(If you check their T&S, they state their rights to do this.)

All of this is case specific. I must stress that.
:typing:

jeffweico 05-20-2013 03:02 AM

I should have seen that one coming. I remember when they added the "Fines" section to their TOS about a year ago.

rsot 05-20-2013 08:04 PM

It is a very rare event when PP holds funds indefinitely - 99%+ the rule is still 180 days...

golden_monkey 05-20-2013 08:58 PM

maybe when they smell fraud and foo foo

rsot 05-22-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden_monkey (Post 451091)
maybe when they smell fraud and foo foo

Fraud like trying to rip off a lot of people...or people calling in and shouting SCAM!

Not so much foo foo only...if you are tied to other accounts OWING, that's another big problem.

rsot 05-22-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learningtogetby (Post 449735)
I know people will say go stealth but to me it sounds complicated and i dont want to ruin my own personal accounts by logging in to a stealth account etc and getting caught

any help would be great

cheers

Its not that hard - the forum has a lot of info and, coupled with the guide, you can be on your way in no time.

Getting caught? Done properly, stealth will never tie you to old banned accounts.