eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Your thoughts:Would this be winnable as INR with ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/60369-your-thoughts-would-winnable-inr-ebay.html)

corleone 05-24-2013 03:56 PM

Your thoughts:Would this be winnable as INR with ebay

USPS did not scan the item delivered, it only shows Delivery Status Not Updated.

Buyer leaves feedback, the day after item is received. Leaves positive feedback.

Then 9 days later, he contacts me to tell me he didn't receive it.

Very suspicious indeed. I called him on it, and he is threatening to open a case.

I've already received feedback so I really don't care if he files a case, in fact, I prefer he does so he can't pull this stuff again if his lazy mailman doesn't scan other items.

BTW: I've had a few of these types of situations before, but never had anyone open a case. I have alway's argued with simple logic. . ."ok, so you left me feedback after you received it, then a few days later, you noticed the tracking wasn't updated and are now trying to get a freebie". . .then I threaten to take action with the United States postmaster in their area to open an investigation.

This person seems a bit more stubborn, so it'll be interested to see who ebay sides with.

danshan 05-24-2013 04:20 PM

He will win if the tracking does not show delivered

corleone 05-24-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 452385)
He will win if the tracking does not show delivered

I'm not so sure of that. I have a feeling he's tried this before.

danshan 05-24-2013 04:36 PM

Does not matter real cut and dry on tracking . Question for you, why would a guy leave positive feedback and than say he did not get it? I mean how can that in anyway help him win. I believe, of course I do not know he left feedback by mistake and never got it. I have shipped a zillion things usps and never seen an item delivered never show any scans. I am sure that can happen anything can happen with usps. I will bet he wins the case unless the tracking you provide shows delivered. It is the sellerrs burden to prove item delivered. They may even let him change his feedback for real

corleone 05-24-2013 04:46 PM

He left positive feedback because he received the item.

8 days later, he was checking through the tracking to see if any did not get scanned.

You'd be surprised. If you sell enough stuff, go through one day and click through all the tracking. I guarantee you for 100 items you'll have a couple that don't get updated upon delivery. It's not that rare.

I think what happened, is after the fact he was going through his tracking and saw a couple that didn't get scanned delivered. He thought he would email and try to get a refund.

I've already called him on it and now he says "ohh well, I guess it's my loss, I don't like going through the ebay case process". . .so no dice, I was hoping to see how ebay would rule on this.

Plus he lied and said he has a program that does automated feedback. I realize auctiva and a few others will leave feedback for items sold, but I've never heard of any program that automatically leaves feedback for items bought. That would seem kind of silly wouldn't it?

Pasicel 05-24-2013 04:49 PM

That's funny, sounds like he just wanted to pull a fast one..

However, I believe you would have lost the dispute..

danshan 05-24-2013 04:53 PM

I think you would have lost too but glad it worked out.

norma 05-24-2013 05:01 PM

In a similiar situation, I called the post office that delivered, & had them investigate, & postal person recalled delivery, & they manually updated the tracking.

My package was a stand-out, as I stamp in bold, red ink: "please scan" or "please sign" depending on the value. Since I started doing these stamps, very few issues with tracking.

I'd try calling the local post office & explain the situation, especially if it is of high value.

corleone 05-24-2013 05:24 PM

Do you think it would have helped my situation that he had listed the item he bought from me 3 days after he received it and yesterday before contacting me, he ended the listing?
This item was a used item, and from the pictures it would have been 100% identifiable as the same item I shipped.

:yar:

GreenBean 05-24-2013 06:27 PM

Sniffs? Sniffs? What am I smelling here?

For the future you make sure your items have a special mark then ;)

:ranger:

Jigsaw 05-24-2013 06:43 PM

I had this situation from a buyer about 2 years ago and tried to pull the same stunt on me because the tracking status was not updated after delivery.

He escalated the case to eBay and customer support closed it in my favour stating that because the buyer left me positive feedback saying he was happy with the item, the item was confirmed delivered and required no further action from me.

igotsuspended 05-24-2013 07:08 PM

If he said anything in his feedback that implying he received the item, you will win.

jeffweico 05-24-2013 07:43 PM

I could see it going either way, but eBay IS tilted toward the buyer.

As far as packages being scanned and updated goes, I HAVE seen packages make it all the way from one end of the country to the other WITHOUT EVER HITTING A SCAN POINT! IT DOES HAPPEN!

How this is even possible, I don't know...

corleone 05-24-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw (Post 452412)
I had this situation from a buyer about 2 years ago and tried to pull the same stunt on me because the tracking status was not updated after delivery.

He escalated the case to eBay and customer support closed it in my favour stating that because the buyer left me positive feedback saying he was happy with the item, the item was confirmed delivered and required no further action from me.

Pretty much what I suspected. It's a toss up based on who the ebay rep is, but what would tilt it in my direction was if they had pulled that stunt before. In this case, I would bet they had.

GreenBean 05-24-2013 07:54 PM

confused.com here

Is this conjecture now?

'cos the title is confusing

:spy:

igotsuspended 05-24-2013 08:01 PM

I also recently sent a package to CA, but tracking shows me it jumps on and off TX and CA and delivered in TX. However, buyer sent message saying that he received item. My money was not released until I call them. Ebay also questions me about delivery status and I had to tell them look to messages.
They did and release my money finally.

corleone 05-24-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 452432)
confused.com here

Is this conjecture now?

'cos the title is confusing

:spy:

Yes, they threatened to open a case at first, then I called his many lies, and then he backed off. He's now on several blocked bidder list on accounts that sell similar items.

Pasicel 05-24-2013 11:04 PM

" I meant to leave feedback on the other item I purchased "

Doubt the feedback left would help much

igotsuspended 05-24-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 452388)
Does not matter real cut and dry on tracking . Question for you, why would a guy leave positive feedback and than say he did not get it? I mean how can that in anyway help him win. I believe, of course I do not know he left feedback by mistake and never got it. I have shipped a zillion things usps and never seen an item delivered never show any scans. I am sure that can happen anything can happen with usps. I will bet he wins the case unless the tracking you provide shows delivered. It is the sellerrs burden to prove item delivered. They may even let him change his feedback for real

If you want to help, then stop saying like this. You don't know OP or his buyer who wants doing fraud.
You are also deathly wrong about USPS.
Look at this tracking number 9410809699939901613954

GreenBean 05-25-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 452449)
Yes, they threatened to open a case at first, then I called his many lies, and then he backed off. He's now on several blocked bidder list on accounts that sell similar items.

Right, OK.

Hmmm. Quick re-word of title then. :thumb:

Lack of correct scanning is an issue for sellers. Below is a recent thread where the seller was not lucky ( amazon items but in principle the same)

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...messed-up.html

danshan 05-26-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotsuspended (Post 452454)
If you want to help, then stop saying like this. You don't know OP or his buyer who wants doing fraud.
You are also deathly wrong about USPS.
Look at this tracking number 9410809699939901613954

Maybe you did not read op his tracking number was never scanned. Your tracking number shows you actually shipped something completely different story. He would lose i get sick of hearing everyday everyone is a fraud. I live in a country where you are NOT guilty :until proven so even though 99 percent of ebay people scream scam the minute something is not like they are use too. I have walked into thousands of brick and mortar stores and not once have I been accused or called a scammerr but everytime I need something out of the ordinary on ebay from disgruntled ebay sellers they have no problem throwing that word out.

corleone 05-26-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 452712)
Maybe you did not read op his tracking number was never scanned. Your tracking number shows you actually shipped something completely different story. He would lose i get sick of hearing everyday everyone is a fraud. I live in a country where you are NOT guilty :until proven so even though 99 percent of ebay people scream scam the minute something is not like they are use too. I have walked into thousands of brick and mortar stores and not once have I been accused or called a scammerr but everytime I need something out of the ordinary on ebay from disgruntled ebay sellers they have no problem throwing that word out.

I disagree.

When a buyer emails you 9 days after the package was received because they noticed it wasn't scanned delivered, you need to research it.

Buyer left feedback for the item, and then said that they have an ebay store which automatically does their feedback. Having an Ebay store does not automatically generate feedback for items bought, and I'm pretty sure most ebay resolution team members would see this. They left the feedback because they were happy with their purchase, but then a week later noticed, "hey, I can get over on this new seller with only 11 feedback, the item never got scanned". Unfortunately for them, I have more experience than most sellers with only 11 feedback.:doh:

Regardless of whether the item was scanned as delivered does not matter.

When the buyer leaves positive feedback, then relist the item they bought from you, which is easily identifiable through the photos as the same item because it's a used item with a flaw that can be seen in the photos. . .I'm pretty convinced it's an attempt at fraud. Nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

What's hilarious is that this particular person has bought from me over a dozen times from different accounts. They are a professional buyer and reseller who looks for good deals so they can flip it at bin price.