eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer Paid with Money Order, claiming item damaged (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/60688-buyer-paid-money-order-claiming-item-damaged.html)

vigilantex69 06-03-2013 04:07 PM

Buyer Paid with Money Order, claiming item damaged

I have a question. I have a buyer that paid for a poster via Money Order. He said he didn't have a paypal account.

Now all of a sudden he is claiming that the poster I sent him has been "destroyed" via USPS and wants to file an insurance claim. I ship in industrial poster tubes, I have NEVER had a problem before. I believe he is trying to either rip me off, or get insurance and rip USPS off.

Can he file for eBay buyer protection if he paid with a money order? He did not send me anything through Paypal. I am going to be furious if he ****s me over.

BigCJ 06-03-2013 04:24 PM

Let him file the claim.

He will lose either way as USPS will want to keep the poster in exchange for the money. That's not your fault. What you could do for feedbacks sake is try to assist him in filing the claim.

Plus, Money orders are not allowed on ebay so he would/could most likely lose should he try to file a claim since it would not show up as paid (unless you marked it as paid)

you could even have him ship the poster back and see if he is willing to do that so you could see the damage (if any) for yourself.

rsot 06-05-2013 09:58 AM

He will lose the claim - especially with the form of payment of money order...trying to go around the eB system. That being said - you OP arent scott-free yourself - if it comes out that you accepted a money order, you could be in for a light handslap...if not worse. All the best.

vigilantex69 06-15-2013 05:06 AM

He just filed a claim with eBay saying the item was not as described. What do I do? Screw him I'm not taking the poster back I'm sick of these people claiming they are damaged and they don't purchase insurance. Can they still make me pay him back even though he paid with a money order?

GreenBean 06-15-2013 05:14 AM

Have you contacted this buyer?

What have you done?

:spy:

GreenBean 06-15-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmixers (Post 455003)
Plus, Money orders are not allowed on ebay so he would/could most likely lose should he try to file a claim since it would not show up as paid (unless you marked it as paid)

you could even have him ship the poster back and see if he is willing to do that so you could see the damage (if any) for yourself.

MO are a restricted payment option. Depends on the category.

mobilecontractsuk 06-15-2013 09:43 AM

He is likely to lose the case with a MO payment.

GreenBean 06-15-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobilecontractsuk (Post 458802)
He is likely to lose the case with a MO payment.

Depends....

:brushteeth:

vogeltron 06-16-2013 02:34 AM

I don't know how much the item was. But I would ask for a quick picture of the damage. Most scammers aren't going to ruin the item you sent them in order to hope to get their money back. Have had a few similar things and the people never responded back after that. Some have. But if I get people complaining about for me what I consider low ticket items. $5-15, I normally just refund them or ship a replacement if possible.

For me it isn't worth chance of getting bad feedback.

mobilecontractsuk 06-16-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 458837)
Depends....

:brushteeth:

If it was PayPal they would jump quickly in favour of the buyer.
As suggested before ask for a photo of the damage. If it is damaged then he may have every right to claim under the insurance.
Let us know what happens.

rsot 06-16-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilantex69 (Post 458737)
He just filed a claim with eBay saying the item was not as described. What do I do? Screw him I'm not taking the poster back I'm sick of these people claiming they are damaged and they don't purchase insurance. Can they still make me pay him back even though he paid with a money order?

eB is odd - they can...or they may state that there is no proof of payment. You can go that route and try to stiff the buyer. Does eB have proof in the form of feedback or e-mails showing you stating receipt of payment?

GreenBean 06-16-2013 08:45 AM

Interesting this

rsot 06-18-2013 01:49 PM

Would love to see what happened to vigilante on this case

vigilantex69 06-26-2013 09:56 AM

Just an update, I denied his claim and he contacted customer support to make decision. Paypal did NOT put a hold on any of my funds as with normal disputes, so I am hoping they deny it. I will take the negative feedback at this point I don't care. It was $450.00 and this jackass didn't even purchase insurance which I ASKED if he wanted.

rsot 06-26-2013 03:04 PM

Sometimes you do have to suck the neg feedback to make your stand - hope it works out

vigilantex69 06-26-2013 03:17 PM

eBay sided in my favor on the case! The comments were that the the buyer didn't pay for the item before opening the case. It also says that he will not be able to leave negative feedback because he has lost the buyer protection case. Nothing will count against me!

rsot 06-26-2013 03:39 PM

Ha wow so they considered that payment with MO as not being proof of payment...nice on for you

corleone 06-26-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilantex69 (Post 462352)
eBay sided in my favor on the case! The comments were that the the buyer didn't pay for the item before opening the case. It also says that he will not be able to leave negative feedback because he has lost the buyer protection case. Nothing will count against me!

Just for future reference, Insurance is alway's the responsibility of the seller not the buyer. If item gets damaged in transit and the buyer pays with paypal, you will lose the case 100% of the time.

Congrats on winning, I alway's root for sellers since I know how much buyers are. Odds are, it wasn't even damaged and they just wanted a discount.

GreenBean 06-27-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilantex69 (Post 462352)
eBay sided in my favor on the case! The comments were that the buyer didn't pay for the item before opening the case. It also says that he will not be able to leave negative feedback because he has lost the buyer protection case. Nothing will count against me!

Rightly so too.

Imperative to stand against slime ball buyers.

:argue: