eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   DropShip Tracking Issues - Can't Upload (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/60761-dropship-tracking-issues-cant-upload.html)

100HRWEEK 06-04-2013 10:48 PM

DropShip Tracking Issues - Can't Upload

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I have a relationship with another eBay seller who sells the same product as me. I buy from him, and drop ship to my customers directly from him to them. When he provides the items are shipped via tracking number which is updated to ebay under his account, I take that same tracking number and apply it for my customer that just bought it. Everything was fine the past 3 months, however tonight it keeps giving me an error saying the tracking number already exists in the system.

Not sure how to fix it, any ideas?

Thanks,

css1 06-04-2013 11:11 PM

No idea, but I probably wouldn't do that... pretty way to be linked to another account, especially now that it seems they have caught on.

100HRWEEK 06-04-2013 11:28 PM

I manually added all the tracking to Paypal for now, will try eBay later again. However after doing some research I found this thread posted today:

WARNING EBAY LINK

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Pac...-Is/5100160194

rsot 06-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100HRWEEK (Post 455345)
Hello,

I have a relationship with another eBay seller who sells the same product as me. I buy from him, and drop ship to my customers directly from him to them. When he provides the items are shipped via tracking number which is updated to ebay under his account, I take that same tracking number and apply it for my customer that just bought it. Everything was fine the past 3 months, however tonight it keeps giving me an error saying the tracking number already exists in the system.

Not sure how to fix it, any ideas?

Thanks,

It means that PP has updated software to be aware of use of multiple shipping numbers - speak to your supplier to avoid using the number to help your cause out...if he can't, then come up with another compromise

100HRWEEK 06-05-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 455529)
It means that PP has updated software to be aware of use of multiple shipping numbers - speak to your supplier to avoid using the number to help your cause out...if he can't, then come up with another compromise

Well when he ships using eBay, the Tracking gets generated automatically and I get an eMail from eBay saying so and so has been shipped. At which point, I used to copy that Tracking and post it for my customers. I don't understand eBay. It's like they don't want you to make money, and they don't want to get paid for it either. In reality if you do the math, on one transaction they get paid two times. Frustrating

GreenBean 06-06-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100HRWEEK (Post 455701)
Well when he ships using eBay, the Tracking gets generated automatically and I get an eMail from eBay saying so and so has been shipped. At which point, I used to copy that Tracking and post it for my customers. I don't understand eBay. It's like they don't want you to make money, and they don't want to get paid for it either. In reality if you do the math, on one transaction they get paid two times. Frustrating

Classic understatement.

Beyond frustrating considering it involves rightly getting your own funds.

(eventually, maybe, later & one day)

:mad:

rsot 06-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100HRWEEK (Post 455701)
It's like they don't want you to make money, and they don't want to get paid for it either.

Their ultimate goal - with their partner PP - is to make sure that whatever money that comes into PP...can STAY in PP system....each transaction getting nicked for X amounts or % to fill their coffers. $1 tossed around will eventually result in the whole $1 going into PP fees.

Now - this is the ideal situation so of course, software is implemented to justify every $1 that goes out of the system...whether to bank account, to card, or to payment processor that accepts PP.