DropShip Tracking Issues - Can't Upload - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-04-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 116
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default DropShip Tracking Issues - Can't Upload

Hello,

I have a relationship with another eBay seller who sells the same product as me. I buy from him, and drop ship to my customers directly from him to them. When he provides the items are shipped via tracking number which is updated to ebay under his account, I take that same tracking number and apply it for my customer that just bought it. Everything was fine the past 3 months, however tonight it keeps giving me an error saying the tracking number already exists in the system.

Not sure how to fix it, any ideas?

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error.jpg (19.5 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 06-04-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 215
Thanks: 1
Thanked 61 Times in 46 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (2)
Default

No idea, but I probably wouldn't do that... pretty way to be linked to another account, especially now that it seems they have caught on.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-04-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 116
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I manually added all the tracking to Paypal for now, will try eBay later again. However after doing some research I found this thread posted today:

WARNING EBAY LINK

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Pac...-Is/5100160194
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,536
Thanks: 4,747
Thanked 7,334 Times in 6,688 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100HRWEEK View Post
Hello,

I have a relationship with another eBay seller who sells the same product as me. I buy from him, and drop ship to my customers directly from him to them. When he provides the items are shipped via tracking number which is updated to ebay under his account, I take that same tracking number and apply it for my customer that just bought it. Everything was fine the past 3 months, however tonight it keeps giving me an error saying the tracking number already exists in the system.

Not sure how to fix it, any ideas?

Thanks,
It means that PP has updated software to be aware of use of multiple shipping numbers - speak to your supplier to avoid using the number to help your cause out...if he can't, then come up with another compromise
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 116
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
It means that PP has updated software to be aware of use of multiple shipping numbers - speak to your supplier to avoid using the number to help your cause out...if he can't, then come up with another compromise
Well when he ships using eBay, the Tracking gets generated automatically and I get an eMail from eBay saying so and so has been shipped. At which point, I used to copy that Tracking and post it for my customers. I don't understand eBay. It's like they don't want you to make money, and they don't want to get paid for it either. In reality if you do the math, on one transaction they get paid two times. Frustrating
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,040
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,028 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100HRWEEK View Post
Well when he ships using eBay, the Tracking gets generated automatically and I get an eMail from eBay saying so and so has been shipped. At which point, I used to copy that Tracking and post it for my customers. I don't understand eBay. It's like they don't want you to make money, and they don't want to get paid for it either. In reality if you do the math, on one transaction they get paid two times. Frustrating

Classic understatement.

Beyond frustrating considering it involves rightly getting your own funds.

(eventually, maybe, later & one day)

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,536
Thanks: 4,747
Thanked 7,334 Times in 6,688 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100HRWEEK View Post
It's like they don't want you to make money, and they don't want to get paid for it either.
Their ultimate goal - with their partner PP - is to make sure that whatever money that comes into PP...can STAY in PP system....each transaction getting nicked for X amounts or % to fill their coffers. $1 tossed around will eventually result in the whole $1 going into PP fees.

Now - this is the ideal situation so of course, software is implemented to justify every $1 that goes out of the system...whether to bank account, to card, or to payment processor that accepts PP.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tracking upload time SaiJin Subscriber Discussions 4 10-09-2012 05:06 PM
Acc registered in State A. Item shipped from State B. Is it safe to upload tracking? @pr eBay Tracking 2 10-08-2012 08:03 AM
How to upload a mail Tracking via paypal Bellachica UK PayPal Talk 2 09-10-2011 05:07 AM
Does anyone still dropship? aking eBay Discussion! 24 03-08-2009 04:49 PM
EBAY emails - opening , using , getting tracked , issues / non-issues x2ruff4u eBay Tracking 101 07-30-2008 08:38 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts