Does anyone still dropship? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%
Default Does anyone still dropship?

Just wondering if there were any successful dropshippers? If so, I was wondering if you use paypal to pay your suppliers and if you have had any problems doing so. I am thinking about dropshipping but I feel a bit uneasy about constantly paying my supplier. Will paypal question this?

Thanks & Happy Holidays!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-24-2008

Activity: 0%

Can I ask why you want to dropship? Is it because you are selling VERO items and are afraid of having problems with getting a large order of them through US customs? Or is each item very expensive? I'd be interested to hear the reason because as we all know buying in bulk is the way to make big money on eBay. I've never used a drop shipper simply because I like to heave complete control over all transactions from start to finish and by using a drop shipper i don't have that.
Old 12-24-2008

Longevity: 89%

I did a bit of dropshipping on my last account it just got suspended about an hour ago. I was dropshipping goods from china and i was paying my supplier through the dhgate escrow using paypal.It Was working out very well until i got greedy and listed a few too many items , o well live and learn. I will be moving on to account number 3 after xmas

i got lucky i just spent 90% of the money in the account about 2 days before this happened my supplier will be shipping the items on the 26.
can ebay take back payments that were already made ?

drop shipping is good for a quick buck but i am going to wholesale the items
its just easier and you don't have to worry about your supplier dropping the ball
Old 12-24-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Is DHGate reliable?
Old 12-24-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I usually buy in bulk, I have big shipment coming on this weekend. I am just sold out of all my inventory so I figured I would just dropship a few items until my product arrives. However I dont really want to risk getting shut down though. I may just wait until my product comes in to start listing. I usually start listing my items a few days before they arrive so by the time they get here, my items will be sold and ready to ship.
Old 12-24-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeneva View Post
Is DHGate reliable?
I have used DHGate in the past and have never had any problems. I usually only buy from gold members that I know will be reliable.
Old 12-24-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

When i was buying from china, I watched my suppliers feedback score go from about 50 to 300 in a matter of weeks!! Somebody in China is making some good mula!!
Old 12-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
I usually buy in bulk, I have big shipment coming on this weekend. I am just sold out of all my inventory so I figured I would just dropship a few items until my product arrives. However I dont really want to risk getting shut down though. I may just wait until my product comes in to start listing. I usually start listing my items a few days before they arrive so by the time they get here, my items will be sold and ready to ship.
i wouldnt bother if i was you my last two accounts have been suspened becase of dropshipping. ebay seems to frown upon it. Just wait for your stock to arrive
Old 12-25-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylo View Post
i wouldnt bother if i was you my last two accounts have been suspened becase of dropshipping. ebay seems to frown upon it. Just wait for your stock to arrive

Yes I am, I am just getting too greedy and impatient. I hate that EMS takes a week to delivery. :( Im so used to packaging like 3-4 items and going to the post office everyday. I know everyone's name in like 3 different post offices, lol.
Old 12-25-2008

Longevity: 98%

I sell different things on eBay vs. off. I sell lots of niche items that are unique on eBay. Off-eBay, I just dropship. I wouldn't dropship on eBay because dropships don't sell that well and eBay fees are killer.
Old 12-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I sell different things on eBay vs. off. I sell lots of niche items that are unique on eBay. Off-eBay, I just dropship. I wouldn't dropship on eBay because dropships don't sell that well and eBay fees are killer.
Dropshipping actually saves money. You can sell the item for slightly less than you usually would and save money as you dont have to pay for shipping out of pocket .. i guess it just depends, but it works extremely well for me
Old 12-26-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
Dropshipping actually saves money. You can sell the item for slightly less than you usually would and save money as you dont have to pay for shipping out of pocket .. i guess it just depends, but it works extremely well for me
Dropshipping is good for a quick buck, but you wont last too long on ebay
I usually last about 2 months dropshipping my items before ebay finds out i am dropshipping some how. They are vero items but i only get 1 or 2 vero violations per month.

If you are dropshipping and your goods are vero make sure you withdrawn as often as possible because u don't know when ebay will close you down
Old 12-26-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yea, thats true.

I have also learned not to ship anything until my money has been transferred into my bank account. I dont know how many times I have shipped stuff out only to have my account limited the next day and everything is shipped. No shipping until money is in my pocket. =P
Old 12-31-2008

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeneva View Post
Is DHGate reliable?
Depends really, usually Chinese products are bad or illegal. Try to learn about your product as much before buying from them. Remember most of sellers there require Western Union and if Paypal is used, it does not guarantee you will get your money back if anything was to happen. Remember paypal works with eBay and nobody else. Read their policy.
Old 01-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

i would say if you can pay by paypal, pay with a credit / debit card, that way if something goes wrong, you file a chargeback
Old 01-02-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Can you file charge backs with Simon gift cards?
Old 03-04-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Dropshipping, does anyone do it?

I haven't really heard much about drop shipping on here. Does anyone drop ship on ebay with paypal? I would think paypal would get noisy after seeing constant payment to the same supplier over and over. Just wondering if anyone still dropships on ebay anymore.
Old 03-05-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Didn't you start this same thread about 2 months ago?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-dropship.html
Old 03-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Dear me, dear me. FHS, king, all you needed to do was bump that old thread and write about
wanting info about dropshipping & paypal.
Old 03-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

-BUMP -

I did it with only 20 customers and didnt like it too much because it was the first time I used that particular supplier. If I would do it again I would need a sample from my supplier first to know what they will be sending to my customers. I didnt have problems with paypal because I got those 20 customers in one day and just made a one time payment to my supplier.
Old 03-06-2009

When i am paying my supplier i use a diffrent paypal account than the one i recived payment with and withdraw from the first account
Old 03-06-2009

I dropship and use PayPal.