Own images and stock photos questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-21-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Own images and stock photos questions

up til now most of the items I sell I use stock photos from the manufacturer, unless its a discontinued item and one is not available then I take my own, however most of the stock photos don't meet ebays new picture requirements that go into effect on July 1 so I'm gonna have to start taking most of my own pics for everything.
Just curious what sort of set up do you use? what kind of things do you use for a background? Sheets, plain wall etc, do you use any sort of additional lighting set up or just rely on the camera flash?
Also if anyone else sells clothes do you have a recommended type of mannequin? (right now I have the half mannequin torso thats hollow and open on the back and it works ok for some stuff but not for pants really, I dont have room for a full life size mannequin but alot of the 3D torso's ive found have the stand that attaches right in the crotch area so you couldnt use it for anything other than tops either.)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Default What to do when someone steals your photos?

I recieved an email from one of my buyers who was worried that I had relisted the item she had won but hadn't had a chance to pay for yet, she won on tuesday and I sent her another invoice this morning as a friendly reminder, she messaged me asking if I had already relisted her item because it was the same as another auction that showed up on the ebay recommendations on her home page, sure enough I go and look and a brand new seller with 0 feedback has copied my auction title and is using my photo.
I sent them an email and told them to remove it within the hour and use their own photo, but so far they haven't. I went to see how to report that to ebay nowadays and it just sent me in circles, there was nowhere to report someone copying your listing, I tried the link to report misuse by a member but that just brings up a list of my customers to report one of them. How would you all handle this? I don't want someone swiping my photos, it irks me when someone can't do the work themselves. If you dont wanna deal with photos then sell items with stock photos or dont sell at all! I use stock photos all the time for stuff if the supplier has them for use or if they are in ebays prepoulated stuff. So any thoughts on what to do if she doesn't remove it? Or any idea how to report it to ebay?
Old 06-21-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

There is a report this item button on the listing.

Send them multiple messages telling them to please remove your photo as using someone elses photo is against the ebay TOS.

Make sure you tell them you have reported this listing to ebay.

Seems like it will take ebay forever but if you hit that report button it should be looked at within 24 hours.
Old 06-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I totally agree with the OP. It is one thing to use a "stock" photo and quite another to steal a photo that another user has created. I deliberately used the word "steal" because that is what it is - stealing.

Having said that, I don't think it is reasonable to expect the person who stole it to be sitting by their computer to answer in 1 hour. It is just that not everyone is online all the time. So you might want to wait a few hours before reporting them.

Regarding reporting them, if your account has any issues, IT may be looked at as well. If it is a solid account, then no problems.

Back in the day, someone stole my entire listing, word for word and photo for photo. The photos were hosted on my website. So, I quickly renamed my pics and changed my listing to the new names. Then, I looked for some nice, disgusting, horribly perverted adult pics and replaced my original pics with them. It was hysterical! My ad was fine, but the guy who stole it got booted from eBay...
Old 06-21-2013

Longevity: 71%

there is exact section starting from the report button for reporting someone who has copied your listing or/and photos

last time i encountered this i have emailed to the guy and told them that if i dont see their listing down in 24 hours i will report them. they did put it off in few hours later and emailed me back they are sorry... but if you dont get a reply you report them straight. there are other nasty ideas that i have also done in the past...photos and description is part of the business and work we all do and i hate it when somebody gets it stolen and use it just like that...

next time you might want to watermark your photos.
Old 06-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Back in the day, someone stole my entire listing, word for word and photo for photo. The photos were hosted on my website. So, I quickly renamed my pics and changed my listing to the new names. Then, I looked for some nice, disgusting, horribly perverted adult pics and replaced my original pics with them. It was hysterical! My ad was fine, but the guy who stole it got booted from eBay...
I did exactly the same thing. In fact, I still do it.
Old 06-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone, I had gone to the report item earlier but I couldnt find anything about stolen photos but I was looking under listing practices and it was now under the copyright and trademark section. I gave them 3 hours to get back to me and they didn't, I probably would have waited a bit longer except they have listed 2 more items since I sent them the email asking them to remove my picture so I know they have been on their account. I don't know if they are just a newbie who thinks thats ok to do or if they are just a lazy a$$ who'd rather let someone else do the work.
Old 06-21-2013

Longevity: 64%

Dont do anything unless you want ebay checking your account and his